Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hot water

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Date of Death' started by Poppy, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Poppy

Poppy Member

If I recall correctly, Madison mentioned two things, that were reasons WHY they would run the generators.

1. to make ice.

What was the other? Was it to make hot water?
    were there other things?

I'm wondering if the hotel has a natural gas supply.

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

2. To light up the hotel's rooftop sign like the 4th of July?

3. To provide enough lighting for all of us to appreciate Madison's perpetual Resting Bitch Face after sunset?

3. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I don't recall what the other use for the generator was, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a natural gas supply, which would require a functioning infrastructure for delivering it, unless they suddenly become resourceful enough to start procuring and processing it themselves (like the good guys did in The Road Warrior [gas] [the best Mad Max film, IMO] (and in Thunderdome, although from a much different source!).

They discussed how to keep the generator fueled (siphoning from cars, gas stations in Rosarito, etc.), so it's either a gas or diesel generator.

#3 Lolly92660, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Lmao!!!!

5. Poppy

Poppy Member

I just checked... the comment was to run the generator a few hours a week, to make ice, and boil water.

They were to check cars for gas.

Seems unrealistic to me that a generator large enough to run a hotel like that would run on gas, and not diesel.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think the 'ice' thing is overrated. Sure, it would be nice to keep things cold, but the food left at the hotel is already temperature controlled [canned], and any fish they catch would likely be eaten almost immediately. And Ice only lasts so long. Ice would be a benefit, but not a savior, in their situation.

7. Poppy

Poppy Member

During a power outage, Hallways without windows to the outside that are typical in Hotels, and apartment buildings, have "cave like darkness" where you can't see your hand in front of your face, even during broad daylight, unless there is emergency lighting. I suppose that once they clear a floor of walkers, they can leave the doors open and some light will sneak out into the hallways, but at night... total darkness.

Stairwells.... total darkness.

In some of the scenes in the hallways, the emergency lights were a blinking orange/yellow.

Back up batteries for many will last less than two hours, maybe some will last for 24-48 hours.

MAYBE one could justify running the gennie to recharge batteries, but to make ICE? That's silly. The noise will only attract more walkers, and more people.
    Regarding boiling water, maybe some of the homes in the area have wood burning stoves that they can scavenge.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah it seems a bit spoiled to be worrying about ICE more than the more important things. Cold drinks....pssssh. Spoiled brats. :p