Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hotel Crew and Marriage Family suddenly BF's?

Discussion in 'Episode 215 - North' started by Marc, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I get that Travis changed the balanced of things but how the hell did it end up with the Hotell family and the brothers forging an alliance sooo quickly? When just a few episodes ago Oscar and the others wanted to gut each others. Convenience of plot, I get that but out of a in setting/lore perspective, what the hell made them bind together so quickly to remove the people who helped them so much?

Sure, Travis killed one of them but it really went haywire.

Also why did they have to move the spoiled dudebro staters in the first place?

And a side point, Victor Strands actor leaving? Thats a big let down!

2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I thought that was weird too, Hector and the Diaz brothers became such besties when Andrés has his knife to Hector's neck long ago. Maybe over the 10~ day timeskip from the hotel cleanse to the refugees' arrival they grew to be close or whatever. There were only 20 people living at the hotel at that time so they probably go to know each other.

I guess Madison wanted to get rid of Derek and Brandon asap before Travis eventually came down stairs and checked out the refugees to see if he could help. The others were keen on getting rid of the bros as well, esp Hector and Andrés as they were acting like racist assholes. Of course it didn't work as Travis when ballistic and ruined everything at the hotel, especially when he blindly bashed Oscar's head against the door. That obviously really pissed everyone off. Here is this stranger Travis who comes in and murders two 20 year old boys and mortally wounds one of their own while Madison is only concerned about Travis (which I get). Plus, the crew aren't happy with Madison's carelessness - barging into Marco's interrogation and endangering the hotel plus turning on the lights at night, attracting everyone's attention and now they have 45+ strangers to take care of and not enough food, supplies, etc. Hector, Elena, and all them have a right to be pissed and fed up at what Madison and Travis has done, so I get it.

I think Talking Dead confirmed Strand will be back. I understand why he chose to stay too - he didn't commit suicide for his boyfriend so why would he for Madison's family by leaving with them into the dangerous world? Plus he is still injured and would be in a worse state if he left into the night. He knows the front gate was busted so he can help repair that. Hopefully they'll show him at the hotel with Elena, Hector, etc. and eventually leave if there is some internal zombie attack among the sick refugees (remember the only doctor aka Andrés was killed and he didn't get to finish seeing everyone so its possible) and Strand & co escape.

3. Nikoranui

Nikoranui New Member

To be honest, if some stranger had just shambled up to the gates of MY fortress then went absolutely feral and beat three people to death when I let him in, I'd be pretty vengeful as well no matter my previous relationship to the others in the compound. I probably wouldn't be too concerned with the context either.

The others' intense reactions did happen rather abruptly and with not much build-up in previous episodes. Its not that such a reaction isn't believable, but the show gave us almost nothing but hostility in the relationship between the wedding party and hector/elena. Certainly nothing to understand how Hector is suddenly consumed by rage and is willing to execute Travis in front of his family...I guess that one dinner they had together must have been pretty spectacular!

Victor and Madison decided to boot the Bromigos out so Travis wouldn't see them and learn what happened to Chris.

Victor will return, IIRC that was confirmed by Kirkman in the Talking Dead aftershow. But yes, this is a sticking point for me too. Just a few episodes ago he was talking about how the hotel will never be home, and implying that he has no attachment to it! Suddenly he's unwilling to go? It may be that he's spotted an opportunity in the power vacuum now that Elena is the only leadership left, or he might simply be using the hotel as a safe place to heal (don't know why he wouldn't just say that though). His whole "Im not killing myself for you" argument is a bit silly considering the only person who ever actually harmed him is still living in the hotel..

#3 Nikoranui, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I thought it was strange that Hector was so rabidly loyal to the wedding party, considering he was their hostage just a few days earlier. It makes even less sense, considering he was striking up a very flirty relationship with Alicia. I would think he would try to preserve that. Not many cute girls around these days. Perhaps he developed Stockholm Syndrome while he was their captive.

Elena I can understand I bit more because she feels this is her hotel, and she wants to retain as much authority as possible. Although she was becoming friends with Madison, when Madison offered to leave voluntarily with Travis, I think she just kind of knee-jerk jumped at the opportunity to eliminate a power-rival. However, it was a pretty crappy decision, and I think if things hadn't gone down so fast, and she had time to think about it, I think she would have really been reluctant to have Madison and Alicia exiled.

5. Poppy

Poppy Member

One of the things that struck me about Strand staying at the hotel was that perhaps he started having sexual attraction to Maddie, and now that Travis is back, that would be awkward (ala Shane). Besides there would be more women, (or men) to pick from back at the hotel.

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I totally get why the two groups presented a united front after what happened with Travis and the bros. It's like a family that can fight among each other all they want, but as soon as someone from the outside threatens them, they ban together to defend themselves.

That's not the perfect analogy since they certainly weren't a family....but they HAD all made an agreement of no violence at the hotel. They were simply adhering to the rules that Maddie herself set. Doesn't matter who it was that did it.

The only reason it ended up being Maddie/Travis/Alicia against everyone else is because Maddie and Alicia had a personal interest in the person who committed the violence.

7. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

IMO Travis had every right to kill those douchebags. They killed his son and he literally had to beat the truth out of them.

8. Poppy

Poppy Member

Not only that, but they are now the originals, they are the leaders who just took in 43 more people (outsiders).

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I see the point, but just strange to see how fast they "brozoned" like it was Rick and Daryl in season 3-4.

But, Strand will be back? I mean, won't the others be pissed at him and considering how they took care of the others...Even Alicia would been beaten up it seemed. I heard the actor wanted to go back to theater? Was this true or just a rumour?

Strand is one of my favourites, Travis is decent too, his snapping was a bit of a Rick moment! Very understandable.

10. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Seems like he'll be back. I haven't heard of that rumor. Plus I believe Kirkman said he has plans for Strand and the hotel.

https://twitter.com/colmandomingo/status/782791061747933184

11. Nikoranui

Nikoranui New Member

Strand will be back. During the Talking Dead aftershow, Kirkman confirmed that Season 3 will include Strand and that there are "big plans" for the character. Coleman Domingo was also there via video chat and gave no indication that he wouldn't be around for s03.

12. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

13. RickIsBritish?

RickIsBritish? New Member

Madison ruins this show for me. At every turn she does something so stupid. There is no way this woman would be alive on TWD. She is way too emotionally reactive. Anyone would get rid of such a liability.

14. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Agreed! I'm not normally negative on here because I love the real Walking Dead... but Fear I simply watch because it's on and it's better than nothing (unless the Giants are playing)... but the fight scene with Travis and those assholes was the best scene of the series. I finally had an emotional reaction and was routing for him rather than not caring about the characters

15. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

It was reminiscent of "Nebraska" for me. I had nearly written Rick off as a failed character that was aggrandized by those that knew him as some sort of unbeatable warrior. This had no real weight to it until the episode where he showed the entire audience why even Shane followed Rick Grimes when he came into the picture... Irrefutable, decisive, and fatal action taken from out of the blue and shoved right up their tailpipes-- This was Travis's "Dave and Tony" moment. He showed once again the same beast he revealed in the first season finale, and reminded the viewers why we should want Travis to stick around for a while.

In reality, this group is full of monsters... Travis used his hands to kill two guys, Nick killed a walker with his bare hands (Which no one but the Governor did such a thing before.), Ophelia improvises as well as Michonne, Even Alicia shows us she is full of Assassin potential as she stabs a guy in the chest before he realizes it was coming. This group could likely put Ricks group on the wringer at any equal point on the timeline. I bet they would run roughshod over the Atlanta Camp right now (Still no Rick, Daryl and Merle were planning a takeover themselves) Shane was the only real threat at this time to the FTWD group, and there are more people willing to kill other people in the LA group already.

#15 Z-Man, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if they can survive as long as the Rick Hobo commandos, I wonder how they end up compared to Rick and friends. At the same place as now with the Negan arch.

I think the storyline of Ricks helped Travis and Strand along with their own hobo commandos, I think AMC think that people would complain if they moved on slowly and did not gut zombies like in Season 5-6-7 of TWD. So they rushed along. The experience of noobies already been there so they shortened the noobie time for the LA gang. I guess you can also pull a "LA is more dangerous than suburbian Atlanta and the minor towns in Georgia" kind of deal.

17. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

"Nick killed a walker with his bare hands (Which no one but the Governor did such a thing before."

Not Quite. Rick put his fingers thru a walker's eyes, and while the walker was lying on top of him! Still your point is valid. It's pretty extreme stuff for an apocalypse newbie.

18. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Wow! I'm drawing a blank on that one (and I'm usually fairly solid on my recall). When was that kill? I almost disqualified the governor, since he did use a bone to pry the jaw, but it was the implication he killed one by tearing out its throat (I say, "whatever") that put him here.

19. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

After Spencer left the Alexandria gate open, Rick tracked the black blood droplets to a walker. Somehow the walker got on top of Rick as he lay on the ground and Rick squeezed his throat until the walker's brains burst out all over Rick. That was the the disgusting mess that Rick was still wearing on his head and neck when Morgan, Glen et al showed up at the gate after Pete killed Reggie with Michonne's sword.

20. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I think if the stranger who did this was the husband of a person who saved your life you would be a lot more lenient. At least I would be.

I think the writers should have never had Maddison and Alicia be the ones to save/unite everyone at the hotel and help them clear it - if they wanted to go this whole route. It would it too hard to sympathize with Oscar because these fools would still be in chaos and limbo if weren't for Madison, Strand, and Alicia. If Maddie never showed up to the hotel, Oscar was as good as dead just holed up in the balcony like WITH A ZOMBIE in the room.

If you ask me, if OScar, Andres and the other guy were THAT quick to ignore Maddie's requests, the person who basically saved their asses, then as far as I"m concerned Travis' actions may ahve saved his whole family, because obviously these guys felt zero gratuity or loyalty to Maddie and would have been quick to turn on them in many situations.

#20 Spidey, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016