Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

House of Wolves

Discussion in 'Battle Royale and Video Games' started by Hoggsynator, May 8, 2015.

1. Hoggsynator

Hoggsynator Well-Known Member

You all excited about the up and coming DLC?
    Really looking forward to the Horde mode : Prison of Elders

2. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Most definitely!

The Trials of Osiris black and gold shader is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  3. AFKATafcar codf

It should inject some excitement back into the game, and I plan on giving it a few hours of play time at the minimum.

4. Shimus

Shimus Member

Already have played all the content, and have two 34s. Working on my last 34 now. Wave assaults with modifiers are ALWAYS a fun time. IT gives what DESTINY needed really badly: Replayability. Now with rewards for each rank of the POE(Prison of Elders): 28/32/34/35. The 35 is Skolas, the main object of the story quests you do to open up the Prison which I felt was solid coding since it came full circle. The other rounds all have a chance to reset/be different bosses and patterns too, on weekly reset.

If I had to liken it to any currently out DLC on the market, I would say Borderland's ARENA expansion pack. Just instead of a chick narrating it, it's a fallen.

Feels very similar.

5. AFKATafcar codf

I like where Shimus' head is at. He's spot on about the DLC.

6. Shimus

Shimus Member

I totally dig the House of Wolves more than Crota, and I like the HIVE more than the Fallen - but House of Wolves was just coded so much better - so many more things to do, stuff to acquire. In comparison, the first DLC Crota's End felt like they were 'testing' the water with their DLC and didn't include much content. It was basically four story missions and one raid with a PVE vendor.

However, House of Wolves has their own social space "The Reef" or "Vestian Outpost" where the Queen Mara Sov lives, inviting Guardians to hunt down the traitorous fallen. They have a slew of vendors and their own hardcore PVP mode enabled every weekend "The Trials of Osiris" - so, for the money, this DLC feels almost like 40% more game then they had before. I think this is just due to how they have to slice their DLC up though.