Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How about some roofies?

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Zed Sanford, Oct 25, 2015.

1. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

Yep, very true. I think the only problem is that creating edge-of-your-seat drama crosses lines very quickly when it involves either obvious writing flaws and/or implausibility. Once that's introduced, drama quickly turns into cheese.

As to the current "Is he or isn't he" Glenn cliffhanger...perhaps (if Glenn does survive) his saving grace will wind up being something completely believable, but with the set-up from last week's show, right now it seems highly unlikely. If the writers do pull this one off, I'll be impressed.

**Footnote to add: Even with all of the complaining about Glenn's implied demise, I'm still very much enjoying this season. ;)

#21 bassetluv, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I see another 2 options that may be useful.

1. Glenn and Nicholas could push that dumpster as a blockage toward the incoming herd. I estimate the dumpster might block off about half the width of the alley. Narrowing the point of entry might buy some time.

2. In addition to using that fire escape stairs, I notice there looks like a 6'' rain water pipe near that staircase. I am not sure about the physical fitness of Nicholas but I think Glenn is fit and agile enough to hand climb that pipe, bringing him to the roof of the building.

3. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

I actually though that backing it up diagonally into the corner would have created a barrier and small little pocket for them to stand. The walkers would keep pushing forward thereby keeping the dumpster in place.

Also, they could have flipped it upside down and hid underneath it. It would have taken some strength and Nick not freaking out, but that would have been the best option as well.

For the record, neither of those solutions occurred to me in the moment as I was watching, although I'm now set if I should somehow find myself in that situation in the future.

4. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

The first method is a good idea. As long as the pressure of the herd doesn't crush them/they have enough pocket space. Too late for this though.

The upside down dumpster would protect them, but it would be too time consuming for the situation they were in (IMO).

An idea I had was to push the dumpster against the wall of the building and have Nicholas give Glenn a leg up and Glenn could then pull/help Nich climb up on to the roof. '

[​IMG]

5. J K

J K Member

It is aggravating that many of these choices they make defy any real logic or reason. That being said these are just plot devices used to conveniently advance the story.

What really pisses me off is for 6 seasons no one has figured out or even knows what a spear is. It's only the most easily made and effective weapon at killing enemies from a safe distance used for millennia. Instead they are stabbing walkers with 3 inch pocket knifes lol.

6. Blueman

This idea should work too. (How come your drawing does not show a dumpster?)

I am not sure about using the interior space of that dumpster. I think (not 100% sure) that I saw a chain tying up the lids of the dumpster. So, it might have been locked, preventing getting in. Also, I think they show some garbage poking out of the lids, suggesting the dumpster is full (dumpster weighs about 200-300 lbs when empty). So, this method might not work so well with that specific dumpster.

But, yes, using the dumpster to form a diagonal against a corner will definitely buy them some time.

7. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

I got the image from online, its not mine

8. dorkzombie

dorkzombie New Member

I hate to anylayze but... I thought most of the deaths in that episode were sort of lazy... The girl with the sprained ankle nobody helped, she looked like she just laid down on the sidewalk. The dude just getting his throat eaten in the woods? huh? Climbing over the metal gate one by one with all those zombies approaching? No... Glenn following a total moron to a dead end? No. Those deaths sorta came off lazy and unrealistic to me.

9. Blueman

Annie the girl with sprained ankle - her way of death is marginally acceptable to me

The guy died in the woods - yes, lazy. When the writers want a walker to be fast, silent and strong, that walker will be. And people die because of this.

One-by-one climbing - this is just stupid. No need to say anymore.

Glenn following Nicholas into the alley - Nicholas is more familiar with the town than Glenn. That is why Glenn followed him around. I find this part believable. Coming to the end of the alley and finding there are walkers on the other side of the fence, my first thought was to climb the fence to the side where there are a lot of trees but no walkers. Even when they are up on top of the dumpster, I thought they should use that height to climb the fence behind. That dumpster is already almost shoulder height and with a little jump, they should have reach a height not reachable by the walkers behind. Even though there are barb wires on the fence top, but it is a life-and-death situation and even getting a few cuts from the barb wire is nothing.