Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How are they going to stretch this out for four more episodes?

Discussion in 'Episode 812 - The Key' started by Sully, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Sully

Sully Active Member

After this week it honestly feels like this should be over in two.

Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those boo hoo this show is terrible now people. I've loved every episode more than the last this season. Please do not turn this thread into a birch and moan fest about the show because that's not what I'm aiming for the discussion.

Each episode has been high paced and has me at the edge of my seat, but with next week's previews it looks like the big battle.

But Negan isn't there. So how is it going to play out?

The way I see it there's 3 stories right now. Simon and the Saviors marching towards the Hilltop for a glory blood vath as the Hilltop tries to defend, Negan and Jadis, and finally Aaron recruiting Oceanside.

Story telling wise it almost seems like we're very close to the end, but yet we're so far away.

I'm really interested how it's all going to play out the next four episodes. I feel like the last two for sure will be thrillers. Feeling Episode 14 might be our dud but by the pace of this season (from my POV) I don't have any reason to not feel confident about four thrilling more episodes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I expect them to spend at least one more episode showing what's going on with Aaron at Oceanside. And maybe whatever Jesus has come across while scavenging.

Possibly another episode will focus on the brewing inner turmoil with the Saviors. With Simon scheming and Gabriel and Eugene hopefully escaping, they may drag it all out in an episode. And then there's that blond woman that may turn up to rat on Dwight.

What I want to know is: How many more chances will our guy Rick get to kill Negan before the end of this war? Jeez.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

The next episode will see the Hilltop take on a Simon-led group of Saviors - then the finale is expected to be the last stand between Rick and Negan as well as a bit of the post war fall-out...

That gives us 14, 15, and a substantial amount of "B" material to get through... Including:

- Eugene and Gabriel
    - Aaron and Oceanside
    - Morgan and why/how he leaves the main show
    - Simon's beyrayal and the fallout between him and Negan
    - Jadis and her role in thangs
    - Laura and Dwight
    - Henry probably gets himself killed or kills Jared (or both)

Some of the above stuff could extend into the finale, but I am optimistic that this is enough to stretch across episodes 14 and 15 and not be filler...

• Like Like x 2
  4. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I’ve only dabbled in the comics... but when they bloodied up their weapons and went for the Hilltop, wasn’t that the part when Negan finds out that Dwight turned on him because... (I don’t know how to edit out a spoiler, but it’s the big scene with Rick and Negan that kind of ends the All Out War storyline)...

I wonder how they’ll do that part of it now... and will Simon completely turn on him and go full Dwight?

5. Benzel

Benzel Member

Every episode has had you on the edge of your seat?!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think now that Negan knows that Simon has been working against him he and Jadis will work together. When will Dwight take out Simon? Or will Negan do that? What about Ocean Side? What about Jesus?

There are lots of things that have to be resolved so I think 4 episodes can be done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tripp Knightly

Tripp Knightly New Member

Wasn't there an interview of Gimple where he said the action would hit some kind of crescendo and then the vibe would go in completely different direction? If that were the case given where we are(n't) right now, I'd believe four more episodes at least are needed to achieve that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Let us not.

[​IMG]

(Sorry Sully, I couldn't resist! :p Couldn't pass up the opportunity for a little fun)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Wasn't there to be a whole episode of Negans backstory?

One with Oceanside.

1 with the start and the war and one with tend ot the conflict and a Negan put in a cell as the ending scene. Closing the "Saviours vs The Rest of the KNown World" event or also known as All out War. Which has not really been much of an all out war but more like some Computer RPG with the hero riding between bases, doing missions :p

10. TheJudge

TheJudge Member

The same way they always do...show a bunch of scenes that don't move the plot forward...all in the name of 'character development'.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Lucille Bottle Episode!

12. Sully

Sully Active Member

Actually, I could totally see them doing an entire episode based on Negan's backstory and Lucille. Like just doing the Here's Negan and making it an episode.

I wouldn't even mind that either. Could be a nice buffer as Episode 15, to calm down the pace before the finale comes blasting in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Mhm, and don't forget the cliffhanger at season's end to leave us hanging for months on end.

14. Sully

Sully Active Member

I don't think we'll get that this time. In fact I heard that it all ends pretty peacefully.

I think the most we'll get is maybe the beginning of the time jump, and possibly a glimpse of Negan in his cell to close out the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1