Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How did Beth and Daryl miss the Terminus ads?

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Franklin, Feb 27, 2014.

1. HeadlessHershel

Every man has three breast pumps but I'm not here to 'derail' the thread.

Darryl and Beth went the opposite direction Tyrese and company went as others have mentioned. The other group Tyrese tried to save knew about Terminus so I got the impression they saw a sign at some point down the tracks from the direction they were travelling from. Darryl and Beth were walking in this direction at the end of 411.

Will they find the same sign and turn around or do they leave the tracks before they encounter a sign? At first I thought Darryl and Beth might be on a collision course with Rick and his group when they saw the boxcar sign but after seeing the 412 preview I no longer think that's the case. Anyway to answer your question they haven't missed the Terminus signs they're simply between them at the moment.

2. cakebythepound

How did all of them manage to miss the Terminus signs that appear to be a stone's throw from where they lived for 6+ months? They sure don't look like new signs.

3. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

I'm wondering if Daryl and Beth not heading for Terminus is a good thing? I believe Terminus will result in the death of at least one of our main cast by seasons end since Terminus' literally means "the end of the line." I'm thinking Tyreese is a gonner, but who knows? I'm not really feeling that anyone is safe beyond Rick, Carl, Daryl and possibly Michonne. :)

4. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

I could be wrong but I think it's heading towards a number of big deaths but I don't think Daryl is safe at all.
    I think its a big possibility that there will be at least two big deaths with Daryl being one..... and I'm a big Daryl fan but I think they gotta cut a few... I guess we have to wait till the next episode to see what way Daryl is going Character wise as well as direction wise to see how long he will last.

5. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

I will have to re-watch the episode but I thought the map (the big map with big writing on it) was right at the location where beth and Daryl encountered the dead people and walkers, even the walker that attacked beth was the guy that Ty and Carol left to die with the mortal wound.
    That was a big ol' ass map to be missing..... just saying.....

so yeah... I can't understand how they missed it either, it's not like they just ran past there quickly, they stood there for a minute and even Daryl was facing beth for a bit which meant he looked in the direction of the map..... maybe he needs glasses but feels it won't go with his biker image.

6. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I hate to disagree, but there was no sign at the pile-o-bodies by the train tracks. Ty, Carol and the girls walked for some distance in one direction before finding their sign posted on a "gate" (or something like that), whereas Ricachonne found their sign on a railcar. Where that railcar is located is open for debate, but it certainly wasn't at the massacre site. There's no reason to think Bethyl saw a sign there. And we don't yet know far they walk along the tracks in the opposite direction from Ty/Carol/girls, so they might leave the tracks before coming across whatever signs or other information prompted the massacred group to move towards Terminus. My guess is Bethyl leave the tracks pretty quickly since Daryl probably has the same philosophy as Carol, which is that the forest provides more cover than an open train track.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

We don't know enough for to be sure. They have no reason to stay on the tracks either.

8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Well Daryl likes to live in woods and hunt squirrel instead of trying to live around houses and train tracks so it's kind of obvious why they haven't seen anything about Terminus. However, according to the previews for this episode, Daryl and Beth will be out scavenging.

10. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I think they have to leave a little mystery about each groups fate and build that sense of desperation and the unknown. It would be too easy if every one of the groups all came across the terminus signs in just these last 3 episodes. I believe most will all eventually get together, and perhaps some individuals or groups fate will be left open until S5.

All in all, by doing the story that way, it gives us things to speculate about and discuss here. :)

#30 jj_vsp, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  11. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I'm betting Beth is going to kill herself next episode. I have read the signs and they do not augur well.

12. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

No she won't, she's got to 'hold on' and have hope and faith.

Beth sang this Tom Waits song:

They hung a sign up in our town
    "if you live it up, you won't
    live it down"
    So, she left Monte Rio, son
    just like a bullet leaves a gun
    With charcoal eyes and Monroe hips
    she went and took that California trip
    Well, the moon was gold, her
    hair like wind
    She said don't look back just
    come on Jim

Oh you got to
    Hold on, Hold on
    You got to hold on
    Take my hand, I'm standing right here
    You gotta hold on

Well, he gave her a dimestore watch
    and a ring made from a spoon...

13. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

I don't think Beth will kill herself, in fact mentally I think she is stronger now than most of the rest of the group. Yes I know she did try once but she has put her demons to rest since then and came out better for it. It this season so far I don't think Beth has been shown as a weak character at all just an underutilised one. I think the scene where her boyfriend goes out with the group right before he dies shows this, it's probably why she has not reacted to much about her fathers death.

Beth is more likely to die in future by human or zombie hands (and teeth)

14. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

don't hate to disagree... that's the fun part lol

I have a bad memory, I thought the sign was still in the general location of the dead bodies... my bad....... I will have to re-watch the episode.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It'd sure be something if all of Beth's attempts to be strong were foreshadowing her eventual suicide. Not saying I think it'll happen, but it's an interesting way to interpret her story.

16. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yabbut, that was before she witnessed her father get decapitated and she was separated from her sister and the prison fell and she feared that everyone she loved could possibly be dead.

17. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

[​IMG]I'm guessing a wrong turn at Albuquerque ...what!? it could happen.

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I don't think that will happen, but, with the right music, it could be a very intense scene if they went that way...

19. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

If it happens then I'll fully explain my reasoning. If it doesn't happen then I'll just go "doh, I was wrong big time".

20. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

[​IMG]