Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How did Lilly, Megan, Grandpa and Tara survive?

Discussion in 'Episode 406 - Live Bait' started by Franklin, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

It seemed fairly serene around their area. All the walkers are busy, over at the prison fence.

2. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

That is what I took it as- the apts upstairs. But I think he said Tara tried to clear the area, but they kept getting in? I'll have to watch that again, as well. I thought they were just clearing areas, as they needed. Walkers behind closed door wouldn't be that great of a safety issue, unless there were a number of them pushing on a door.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Right, unless they wanted to scavenge what was in those apartments for extra supplies.

4. joshred4

joshred4 Member

It sounds like they stockpiled and just stuck it out as long as possible... But I think supplies were running low which is why they were so eager to go with the gov.

5. mfinley

mfinley Member

Well, it's not wonder they kept "coming back", she didn't know you had to shoot them in the head to kill them LOL!

6. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

You'd think she'd have shot one in the head just by chance, or aimed at the head once at least, and discovered it killed them.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

With 7 billion people in the world, chances are some will get lucky and survive. It's just mathematical odds. Nothing special about it. Sometimes people win the lottery too. Things that are unlikely to happen do happen.

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

There are still places with hand operated water pumps. they have a truck full of food, and as long as no walkers saw them carting it inside, and they dumped their waste away from their building, they could hold out a long time.

Of course burning 12 candles at once isn't so sustainable, but maybe the gov coming was a special occasion.

And gramps getting a year's worth of oxygen from cylinders is just laughable, but oh well.

Ah, don't get me started on gramps. Neither leg worked but he was driving a truck earlier? OK, we can write that off to his cancer, I guess, but can we write off the meat company's insurance carrier allowing a guy on an oxygen tank to continue being a commercial driver? I doubt the DOT would pass his physical!

9. gavuk

gavuk Member

I was a bit confused as the trainee/acadamy cop girl said some line to the Gov about having enough guns/bullets to kill him for the rest of his life,etc,etc

I can't beleive she got all those armaments from going apartment to apartment but also can't see how she/they survived without going out...

Who knows its a mystery

10. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

She was just putting on a tough act. I don't think they had much ammo at all. And they survived simply by having so much food they hardly needed to leave the apartment.

12. Morgotha

I think she was lying, and poorly, trying to bluff him into submission.

13. Morgotha

I've GOT to start reading the threads all the way through before posting :(

14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;bFEoMO0pc7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFEoMO0pc7k[/video]

15. Branger

Branger New Member

Many small towns also have gravity fed water systems so pressure is never an issue. They may have had to purify the water but if the building was on propane there would have been a 500-2000 gallon tank for use (cooking/hot water/furnace). Living there for that long, inside with all the food in the truck is believable. Gas usage to four people, in an apartment for around two years on only 150 gallons is within reason.

16. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

It must have something to do with Backgammon. What they forgot to explain is that backgammon is the ultimate zombie repellent.
    Seriously, no way to explain it. It just happened. They just happened to be in the Magic apartment.

17. steenkash

steenkash Member

Here is a thought, Grandpa made a lot of money by dealing meth, after he found out he had terminal Lung cancer. So they had enough supplies to last that that that long.

18. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Gramps was a mad scientist. Gramps was a student of Nikola Tesla and set up a magnetic force field around the apartment to keep walkers out....

19. ZGenreGirl

ZGenreGirl New Member

I'm reading Rise of the Governor and just got to this part in the book. This was not my favorite episode, but it was plausible. Some buildings just don't get overrun. Not every building would get sacked by walkers. Pockets of weaker families here and there would be expected to survive, given they had all that food. It would only be unrealistic to suppose that this wouldn't happen sometimes. I hope Megan makes it for awhile.

20. Darylette

Darylette Member

I was just wondering, would Gramps have always needed th oxygen constantly? Could he have initially have needed it occasionally and then ended up needing it constantly at the end? It might explain why it lasted so long.