Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How did Merle get down?

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - Tell It to the Frogs' started by Jakobi, Dec 23, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Just was reading the recap of the show and at the end of this one, they find his hand on the roof. I guess he could have climbed down, but with one hand? If there was a stairwell leading up, why didn't they just get down that way instead of taking the stairs, or why didn't they sneak up like that...hmmm.

2. legokiba213

legokiba213 Member

They probably didn't know there was a staircase there.

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

True, its fun to pick thing apart haha.

4. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Didn't even thing about that. good eye

5. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Owned. lol. Watch frogs and keep your eyes open.

6. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

It would be hard as hell not sure impossible to climb down with one hand. Then again there is probably a bunch of pain and bleeding. Good call.

7. AVC

AVC Member

Fire escape?

8. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

My question would be:
    Why the heck did he cut off his hand, and not the thin rusty old screw that was on the other end of the cuffs ?
    I'm thinking it would have been alot faster, and alot less leathal or disabling.

9. beccals

beccals New Member

well at some point he got back inside the building because they found where he put down 2 walkers & cuaterized his hand.

10. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Good point, I had forgotten that!!

11. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I wondered about this 2nd stairwell too. And I remember that as Rick, Daryl, Glen and T-Dog made their way down the staircase they also had to go thru offices, kitchen, etc. It seemed to me that staircase 1 was a very quick way to get the roof and other areas while staircase 2 was a kind of rambling affair. And S1 was plain like a service exit where S2 actually had some nice handrails as if that was the public stairs.
    I realize I'm reaching but that 2nd set of stairs wasn't really explained real well or why they chose not to use it.

12. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

I don't think he left the rooftop by the ladder. Didn't he go into the building, take out the 2 geeks and cauterized his wound, then later left the building. Which they showed the window he (most likely) escaped from.

13. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

He didn't left the rooftop by a ladder, because when they walk down the staircase they find his burned skin on a iron where he sear his wound. So than comes the next question. Where the hell did all the Walkers go? They don't go away after a while right? If they see a human they go for it till the human is gone, but Merle had to go that way. And in the kitchen where he burned his skin, they found only two Walkers. Only two? questions questions questions

14. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

I try not to think about it haha

15. ProjectBlue

ProjectBlue Member

I soooo agree with this. I know that Daryl said something to the effect that the saw was not sharp enough to cut the metal, but really??? Not only was the saw sharp enough to cut off a hand, but he did not pass out from pain, blood loss, or shook? I know that Merle was supposed to be a bada** but this just seems strange to me. If he had sense enough to use his belt has a tourniquet and to cauterize the cut with what looked like steno cans then I think he could of come up with something better than taking the whole hand off... even if it was just cutting off the thumb and maybe one other finger??
    As to "how did he get down" well he saw the walkers at the door so of course he would not go that way. He looked for another way down. I am sure that there is nothing strange about a building that large have more then one roof access point. The others did not need to look for another way. The path was clear for them and they went back up that way when they went to get Merle because way waste time looking for another way? But I do wonder what happened to all the walkers that where there after they left? I guess maybe (off screen) a noise or something that steered them away after the smell of fresh meat left but that to me was more of a plot hole then Merle finding another way off the roof.