Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How did the walkers get inside the prison ?

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by dax, Nov 5, 2012.

1. dax

dax Member

How did the walkers get inside the prison where it was secured by the group? We see Andrew cut the chain to the fence, but wouldnt the group had secured the block by locking the area up?

2. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

They hadn't secured the entire prison, or even the perimeter for that matter. They made sure their particular area was secure.

Remember how Andrew was luring them in with the deer. There will always be a steady stream of new walkers coming at the prison.

3. dax

dax Member

So i guess andrew opened the doors to let the walkers inside the secured area of the prison?

4. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Exactly. They didnt secure whole prison. Man, Andrew caused so much chaos this episode. Too bad he didnt get eaten.

5. dax

dax Member

What I'm talking about is the area the group secured. The inside portion was free of walkers cause they cleared it out. I know they didn't secure the whole prison. I guess my question is did Andrew let the walkers in the secured section of the prison that the group cleared out? He opened the doors for the zombies to get in? I figured this wasn't possible since the group had the keys and i would of thought the group would of locked the doors so the walkers couldn't get inside.

6. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

7. Dead man walking

But that's bizarre - in reality all they secured then was the new 'garden' which had about ten gates and fences to get through yet right next to their cell block is only one gate between you and walkers - not smart really. It would have been their first priority. If it were me, my first thing to do would be to clear the prison of walkers, day by day. That way you know you are safe(r). Look what happened, andrew caused so much chaos, cost so many lives. Bet Rick wishes he'd killed him now huh? Plus who knows if there are other prisoners alive in other blocks - good idea now to clear out the entire prison before you do anything else. Even if you just open the block doors and let them file out and kill them through fences like before.

This was their biggest mistake to date in not ensuring they were more secure.

8. PhenomChriso

PhenomChriso Member

It was too big a risk to the group to clear the Walkers out of all the prison with the amount there were.
    We just seen what would happen if the group just went into the prison clearing Walkers. One gets bit, the rest get separated.

I loved how this episode showed that without Rick, Daryl and Glenn, the prison would fall. The second the gate was open for them to get back to the rest of the group, they kicked ass. Esp Daryl jumping in there flying knife and Glenn semi decapitation.

This episode showed that without them close by, the rest of the group just panic and run.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

The entire prison has yet to be secured. They only cleared out their yard and their particular block that they slept in.

Oscar/Axel also mention that the opposite side of the prison is ravaged and the walkers keep getting in.

10. Joenips

Joenips Member

The thing is 4 walkers that forced Lori, Carl and Maggie to go into the tombs came out of their block. How did they get in there?

11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Andrew?

12. dax

dax Member

this is exactly what i was asking ......how did the walkers get inside? even the area where Lori, Carl and Maggie are running...how did the walkers get there? i thought the group secured this area and locked the doors with the keys?

13. WalkerAbeSimpson

Ya that's the part I didn't get you think you'd have the area you slept the safe zone especially since they have the keys. Lock that gate that Daryl was aiming when Hershel lost his leg and the gate the walkers came running through and the only door you have to worry about is the one to the outside. I see no reason to have your interior unlocked since they didn't really clear it out.

I guess Andrew could have found some keys but they should have showed that IMO if he did.

14. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Did you not see the part where Andrew took an axe to the gate lock? That's how they got in. He created a breach in the area that was secured. And these weren't prison walkers. Many of them were civilians so it's obvious they have come in from all over the place, they were just roaming along and were lured in by Andrew with the rocks and the deer.

As someone previously said, they weren't prepared to do a full-scale clearing of walkers yet. They had just finished narrowly escaping with their asses and had to cut Hershel's leg off.

There's nothing illogical about what they did.

15. dax

dax Member

we know the walkers were let in by andrew when he cut the chain....we are talking about the walkers getting inside the building itself. the walkers were outside the courtyard. i would of assumed the group would have secured the building itself by locking the doors with the keys. no one said they did something illogical. no one is contesting they didn't have time to secure the prison. my intent of this thread is to find out how they got inside the building where the group secured the building itself. i'm assuming as we go through this that Andrew opened some doors besides the gate to let them inside the building?

16. WalkerAbeSimpson

He's not talking about the walkers outside he's talking about the ones that were coming from the cell block where they sleep and Hershel just was minutes ago.
    [​IMG]
    This part. They walk back up the stairs and into the door to cell block C the same one Hershel just limped down and enter the room where Daryl was aiming the crossbow at the prisoners when they first actually talked them and has the guard tower with the guy who shot himself and had the keys. They go to the door to the right towards the cells/sleeping area and that's where the walkers come from. The interior of the prison is lock and key with thick bars so he's not axing though anything in the interior. They show the only other door that room has in the first episode and it was locked so it would downright foolish to leave those doors unlocked if you want to travel to the unlit part of the block get the keys.

17. dax

dax Member

Thanks for clarifying WalkerAbeSimpson, I dont think alot of people understood the thread.

18. cujo

cujo New Member

Hey guys. First time poster, long time lurker. . . In the scene where Rick talked to Oscar after the sirens/alarms went off (at about 21:37), Rick asked "Can someone open up the main gates electronically at full power?" Oscar replied that there were back-up generators that control certain parts of the prison. And that he just worked there for a couple of days and it may be possible. So maybe it is safe to assume that most of the doors in the prison can also be opened electronically.

19. WalkerAbeSimpson

Those gates aren't electric or anything they're the old iron rod style no power boxes near any of them and the guardtower didn't have the right controls for that. The Front gate would be the loading gate so it would have to be able to open and I am sure a lot of the interior chain link gates could be operated by the switch but inside the block looks to be lock and key only.

20. dax

dax Member

Another thing i thought of is when Andrew got the power on the speakers were going off......he'd need to be in the control room to open the doors if that were the case. the walkers were in the building before that.