Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How has this season gone by

Discussion in 'Episode 715 - Something They Need' started by 92Pony, Mar 27, 2017.

1. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Soooooo freakin' FAST!!??! :(:mad::confused::( Next week is the season finale! Then we will have to wait until, what? October again?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I know, right. What the fudge!! We even get an 8 weeks break in the middle, and it STILL goes by fast.

We have Preacher starting in June. That's a plus.

3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

IT did feel faster than previous seasons.

At least Fear the Walking Dead starts up not too long from now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

The season went very quickly and not a lot happened the only real surprise was the landfill people and jadis and Winslow

5. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I think there was quite a bit that happened actually. It just wasn't the zombie killing rampages a lot of people like to see. The introduction of many new groups, Negan's brutality and mind games, Rick going from "Negan's bitch" to building an army, Eugene's apparent loyalty change, Dwight's possible defection...... I've enjoyed the season, but it does seem to have gone by fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Well it started off by answering that dreadful cliffhanger. Since then Rick's group has picked each other back up and are now ready to fight. I enjoyed it mostly myself. But even bottle episodes, a displaced melon and a CGI deer don't stop the season from flying by. It sucks each year but we know it's coming.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

It really did go by fast. The only thing good about when The Walking Dead ends is that Game of Thrones usually starts shortly after, but this season is starting in July and will have fewer episodes. :mad:

8. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

It does seem to have gone by much quicker than previous seasons and I totally understand where Toothpick is coming from.

Stuff happened, sure, but (for me at least) everything that followed the showdown in 7.01 seems unimportant somehow.

I know we have to see the fallout and eventual rise of Rick and the gang but like Sasha and Rosita on the show, I'm impatient for them to get the job done.

What Negan did to Glenn and Abraham was so awful, all I can think about is team Rick avenging their deaths. And In some respect, I don't care how they get there, I just want to see them take that sweet revenge.

The frustration comes from waiting a whole season (or more) to 'get there'. I know they have a story to tell but it feels like they're stalling.

That's not a criticism of the show (I'm still a huge fan) but as a fan, I want this whole Negan reign to be over with. The characters and fans can't move past Glenn/Abrahams deaths whilst Negan's still running the show - so for the time being, we're stuck in limbo.

#8 GrrArrg, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

This season, minus the premeire, has been more story than action. It needed to be laid out and not rushed but it didnt play out well in all the episodes. It would have been too fast to grieve, make an army, and attack the Saviors in one season. We would've complained that Abe and Glenn's deaths were glossed over and that no one was really afraid of Negan.

I enjoy great dialogue driven episides but this season hasn't had enough of it. I hope the season ends on a good note, making us all energized and anxiously waiting for S08e01

• Like Like x 1
  10. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Wow, one day soon it will all come to an end.

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think the second half of this season has been much stronger than the first half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

You hush! ;)

13. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Agreed. Much stronger, and that's the part that has really whizzed by. But hey, 'time flies when you're having fun', right? (Unless you're a frog, and then 'time's fun when you're having flies'.....but I digress....)

14. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

YES! That's what I've been waiting for. FTWD...nope, not my cuppa tea (I'll watch the first episode out of curiosity, but the show lost my interest a while ago). "Preacher" though...I can't wait!

• Like Like x 1
  15. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

The second half did go by fast. It feels like there were only five episodes instead of eight.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Indeed. Have you joined the preacher forum? www.preacherforums.com

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sixfootbrunette

I miss them being scared of walkers :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 5
  18. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I bailed on FTWD after that cheesy Season 1 finale. But Preacher is great. Started watching it last year just as the season was ending. Looking for forward to it and GOT this summer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Me too.
    I think an example would be when they formed a line and started shooting at the walkers approaching the Oceanside community.
    Frankly, despite the background music trying to tense up the scene, the show wants to show that they are scared but they are not really scared.
    Why waste those precious bullets which are more needed for the upcoming war against the saviours? They have about at least 10 people there capable of killing walkers with a knife. And there were, maybe, only 20 walkers or so.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sixfootbrunette

Can they not spend some time focussing on the walkers again rather than the groups fightning? Do they look into the causes or cures in the comics later or are they still just 'surviving'?