Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How long did Jocelyn have Judith?

Discussion in 'Episode 914 - Scars' started by Camilleyun, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I need to rewatch this episode because I feel like I missed something. Or maybe several things. I'm confused as to why Michonne would question whether Judith would come to her when Michonne found her. Later Michonne said she was worried she was too late. I thought this happened over the course of a few days?

I was sooo looking forward to this episode. It was Ok, but I spent the first part trying to decipher which time frame we were in by Michonne's hairstyle. I feel this story line would have been better if we didn't already know the outcome and seen it coming. Literally killed any suspense or intensity since we knew Michonne and Daryl would live through it, and as soon as I saw kids were involved, I just knew that Michonne was going to have a hand in killing at least one of them.

This would have played better had it been shown shortly after Rick left. Good storyline, bad presentation, at least for me. So were Judith and the other kids gone for a couple days, a couple weeks..months?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think Michonne was afraid that Judith would be scared of her as she was covered in blood, clearly distressed not to mention an open wound across her stomach. Add to that the number of decapitated bodies strewn on the ground around Michonne.

My understanding is that the kids from Alexandria had a sleep over with Jocelyn so they were gone a minimum of one day and I would think a maximum of only a few days. Dependent on how quickly Daryl could pick up their trail

• Like Like x 2
  3. Camilleyun

Thank you , this makes more sense. I was taking it as Michonne was fearful they had brainwashed Judith, that's why I questioned how long it had been. Like I said I need to rewatch ;)

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I actually think we were suppose to believe that Michonne was afraid Judith had been brainwashed and would no longer embrace Michonne. She even mentions to older Judith when they talk about it, something about "you just stared at me emotionless and I thought I lost you".

I also raised an eyebrow at this, seeing as this is something you would expect after weeks to months, which it clearly wasn't. Jocelyn and the kids may have stayed at Alexandria for at least a couple weeks, because Michonne seemed to have enough time to get familiar with all the kids. And she said Judith loves these "sleepovers", plural, so it was like they had enough time to get into a routine with the new kids.

But when Daryl and Michonne find the kids Michonne is wearing the same clothes she was wearing when they discovered the kids missing. I think the idea is they found them the very same day.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I felt that they were part of Alexandria for a while because someone, Aaron maybe, said "Another sleepover?". Implying they were there long enough to have Judith stay with them multiple times. I felt that Michonne was afraid that they had been brainwashing her the entire time and she went with them voluntarily and wasn't kidnapped.

So the time she spend with these kids in Alexandria plus the few days she was gone.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Camilleyun

This makes sense too. Glad I'm not the only one who wondered why she was worried Judith had been brainwashed, although I wasn't counting the time they spent in Alexandria and it never occurred to me about Judith going voluntarily.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, they mentioned on TTD that Judith and the ASZ kids were told it was a game. That they were going into the sewer and then travelling somewhere as a game. Which makes sense as to how they got out in silence with no struggling.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I just caught this on rewatch, it being ANOTHER sleepover. This why I love the forum so damn much ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

At the end, Judith and other ASZ kids were hustled from the building into a what-looks-like-a -recreational vehicle which was parked just outside. I wonder if that vehicle was a working vehicle. Was Jocelyn planning to escape with all her kids with this vehicle after she, supposedly, finished off Michonne? Any theory?

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Appeared as though it was a horse drawn RV ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I had a mini heart attack even though I knew Judith was ok. When she was bout to come out of the trailer, my brain was like omg Sophia/walker! haha I also thought Michonne was scared Judith wou;d see (and understand) she had killed other kids etc and would be scared.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Michonne didn't decapitate Jocelyn so why didn't she turn? I thought she would turn and Judith would put her down...like how Carl put down Shane once he turned. I was 150% sure they were going to repeat that scene with Michonne and Judith.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

But Judith at that time was a pre-bass Judith, prior to being trained by Michonne on swordmanship.

14. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I also thought it was weird that Michonne was worried that Judith had been brainwashed. Granted she was still very young but wouldn't it take much much longer than that? I would be more worried about her reaction to seeing all the dead children on the ground and realizing her mama had killed them.

Now THAT could have indeed cause an immediate reaction in the child and make her react differently towards her mother. For example, I can imagine her not wanting to hug Michonne because she's afraid, and then Daryl walks out and she runs to him and jumps in his arms instead.

• Like Like x 1
  15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I don't know why Judith would be afraid of Michonne. This child was born in the prison and had been around all that happened since. Yes, she was very young and shielded as much as possible but who knows what she had actually seen and heard as she grew? Little kids are sponges absorbing more than you think.

Having said that, she was always with people who loved her, protected her. Her mom had welcomed Jocelyn to the community and she had played and interacted with those kids, who by her own account were very nice to her. She had no reason to fear for herself or the other Alexandrian kids when they started to play hide and seek or whatever game they were told it was.

We don't know what she could hear from the trailer during that last fight and it took her a second to size everything up when she appeared in the door way but I think she realized then she had been in danger and ran to her mom. That kid isn't afraid of blood and guts. She would never have held back because of a little gore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You're right! That would have been a perfect call back.

17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

If Jocyln's head was unharmed, that supports Toothpick's thought that Jocylyn's face is being used by one of the Whisperers in one of the current time sequences (talking to Beta).

18. Neuropyramidal

Well we've seen a wide range of time delay between death and turning. Sometimes it happens in a minute or two, other times its several hours. I think it has to do with how much Puerto Rican rum the person drank in life.

The main reasoning that people seem to keep going back to regarding this is that younger, healthier people turn faster, but there are several instances that refute this, such as Amy not turning until the following morning, and old Mr. Coleman who was dying of prostate cancer turning within about a minute of his death.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Oh god that would be creepy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

The brainwashing angle never occurred to me. It's an interesting thought though.

I assumed Michonne was just scared and anxious about if Judith was ok or not.