Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How long was Rick in a coma?

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by Jakobi, Jul 9, 2011.

1. danachka

danachka New Member

I think Rick was in a coma for a few months. Maybe two or three?

2. umaddybro

umaddybro New Member

But she asked before giving them the injection and killing them. I think she kept Rick alive as long as she could then left.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

She didn't ask Paul.

4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Season 1 & 2 there were many conversations between Shane & Lori that suggested they were always close. While Rick was off saving everyone, Shane was the person she could rely on.

There was a scene where Shane & Lori were talking about the plumbing in the Grimes house, Rick wasn't available to sort out the problem (The dialog suggested this was usual) so Lori called Shane for help.

My take on all the conversations is Lori was torn between the loyalty to her Husband and the constant in her life that was Shane. I think this is part of the reason why Rick became farmer Rick, he put aside helping everyone to focus on his family. A response to Lori's death..

5. Neuropyramidal

I thought Rick tried to fix the plumbing first, but botched the job. Shane said it was because he used rubber washers. But yeah, I think Shane had a crush on Lori for a long time before the ZA, even if Lori just considered him a friend. So he just didn't waste any time when he thought Rick was dead.

6. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah that sounds like how it went down..

I don't believe this opinion some people have of Shane that he left Rick to Die so he could take over Rick's role in the Grimes household. If that was his intention, he would have made sure Rick was dead by killing him or pushing him out into the walkway in the hospital..

7. Neuropyramidal

I agree. He wanted to save Rick. He tried carrying him and when he realized that wasn't going to work, he blocked the door with the hospital bed. I think it was only later that he realized with Rick gone he could move in on Lori.

8. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I feel the same. Shane risked his life even going in the hospital and there isn't any one man alive that could have gotten Rick out of that hospital without being killed in the process.

9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Totally agree!

10. Neuropyramidal

It actually doesn't make sense that the military guy didn't kill Rick. They obviously knew how the virus worked by then, and that at least everyone in the hospital was exposed, since they were killing unbitten survivors. So Rick was another unbitten survivor who would wake up and bite people if he died. The walker that Rick became wouldn't also be in a coma lol. So logically, he would have killed Rick just like any other exposed survivor.

11. nutz86

nutz86 New Member

coma time

Had a thought, the bodies outside the hospital are around 2-3 weeks old, and I have read of people lasting 10 days in a coma without food or water, Factor in that his IV may have lasted 1 maybe 2 days and that Rick is a fighter, id say he was in the coma, abandoned, for about 2 weeks .

12. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

Rick did botch the job on the plumbing, so Lori called in Shane who didn't use rubbers.....rimshot! :zombies_cool:

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You can't argue with Southern Math though. He was probably also 60 years in the past, but that's just how it goes down there.

14. Morgotha

That was then, this is now. She changed, as have they all.

Not that I think she had anything to do with Rick, but I would be surprised if her MO changed after a year or two into the ZA.

15. Morgotha

I like this, and can picture it. As the Sheriff, Rick is always on call doing something, whereas as an hourly deputy, Shane would be predictably around. Kind of a dangerous situation, if he's always at the house.

16. Neuropyramidal

The two things would have been happening at the same time. The 'Don't Open, Dead Inside' sign wasn't on the door yet when Paul and his girlfriend arrived, so that means Rick would have still been in his coma, at the same time Paul was unconscious.

17. Morgotha

I thought that was supposed to just be a "clinic", not the hospital where Rick was. If they were the same building, then you're right, she was there actually before Rick was, which wouldn't make sense because one would think there'd be the presence of the army all around - or whoever it was that shot up the place pre-Rick.

Didn't like that doctor. What a hypocrite.

18. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, that was the hospital where Rick was. Paul wrote the "Don't Open, Dead Inside" phrase at the end. The webisode was giving up the backstory of how that got there.

19. Neuropyramidal

But we weren't seeing a time before Rick was there. This was after the shit hit the fan, while Rick was still in his coma. She was the only staff member that stayed behind.

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

And with Rick completely out of the home life picture while in a coma, Shane's presence in the Grimes household increased.

I think it's just simple human nature. When you feel a close connection to someone, feelings grow.