Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How long was Rick in a coma?

Discussion in 'Episode 101 - Days Gone Bye' started by Jakobi, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Thanks! I missed the tie-in completely, apparently.

2. Morgotha

So in theory she was either tending to Rick or never noticed he was there for a long time? That's pretty bizarre, especially if she KNEW he was there and didn't "put him out of his misery". Of course if she's an HMO doctor I can see her walking past his room every day and "not noticing" him, lol.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This circles back to the first post I made that you responded to. When I said that she didn't ask Paul, I was pointing the inconsistency in how she treated Paul vs. Rick. Either way we cut this one it doesn't add up logically. Either she knew Rick was there, which would mean her actions were inconsistent. Or she didn't know Rick was there, meaning he survived for weeks without food or water. Rick surviving the coma has always been a plot hole, and the webisode didn't make it much smaller.

4. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Anyone else see the resemblance to webisode Gale and Gale Ann Hurd?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Morgotha

It's a pretty crummy work around, but Rick was upstairs, maybe she never left where she was and there were other people upstairs doing the same thing as her who never went downstairs they were both in the same building at the same time and didn't know it. Or, it is just an inconsistency. Or like that other poster said, Rick is dead and doesn't know it. Or this whole series is his fever-dream. Take your pick.

6. kissfanalive

kissfanalive New Member

I see so far no one has thought about the flowers that Shane left in Rick's room. They were dry but had not started to rot yet. If they were watered recent to the day Shane left Rick there how long would it take for the flowers to get that dry?

7. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

The webisode nurse/doctor that may have been replacing Rick's IV may have been watering those flowers. but to answer your ?...anywhere between 4-10 days is a guess, we have no way of knowing all the variables to give a closer guess.

8. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

Well, with the recent replies, I don't feel as bad about bumping a 4(?) year old thread. :) I was going to ask this question in a new thread, but there is quite a bit of interesting information and discussion here.

Us Walking Dead fans sure are a large, organized bunch. Has any consensus came about as to how long Rick was in a coma? And, I feel this is important to distinguish, how long was Rick in a coma after any help left him alone?

9. steel84

steel84 New Member

Three days without water is for an active, conscious person. In a coma it can be much longer.

"When someone is no longer taking in any fluid, and if he or she is bedridden (and so needs little fluid) then this person may live as little as a few days or as long as a couple of weeks."

Based on everything discussed in this thread, I think it would have to be 1-2 weeks at most that he was without care.

10. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

This is one of the biggest misconceptions in the fan-base. He was in a coma for 2 months. How did he survive you ask? Well, when Shane came to the hospital and put his ear on Rick's chest he prayed as hard as he could to the great Mcleod. The following result was something incredible, not only did she keep his room clean and body going but she also made sure to squirt him with Lemon pledge once a day to keep his muscles in fine form.

11. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

And when Rick awoke, he realized that dream about him devouring everyone in the hospital came true.

12. musclesglasses

musclesglasses New Member

45 Days

I believe he was in coma for 45 days. That doesn't mean he was in the coma for 45 days after the hospital was overrun. He may have been in there 45 days and happened to wake up right after the hospital was overrun. The half mutilated woman's face had not yet decomposed and the lights were still flashing so the generator was kicked on. But those usually last about 24-48 hours in a hospital. The flowers were dead and he grew a beard but those may had happened rather quickly. Maybe the family was in the process of evacuating and hadn't visited Rick to shave beard or feed flowers. So he may have been in coma for 1-2 months but he couldn't have survived more than 3 days without water so the outbreak happened at the hospital right before Rick woke up