Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How old do you reckon Price is in this game?

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare 3' started by Grigori Weaver, Nov 6, 2012.

?

How old do you think Captain Price is in Modern Warfare 3?

1. Younger than 44.

6.3%
  2. 44.

12.5%
  3. 45.

6.3%
  4. 46.

6.3%
  5. 47.

6.3%
  6. 48.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 49.

6.3%
  8. 50.

12.5%
  9. 51.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Older than 51.

43.8%
  1. Grigori Weaver

Grigori Weaver New Member

How old do you reckon Price is in this game? We know the ages of MacMillan, Makarov, and Sandman and I reckon that gives us enough information for a rough estimate of how old Price might be.

In MW3 (2016-2017), MacMillan is about 53 (he was 33 in 1996), Makarov is 46 (b. 1970) and Sandman is 47 (b. 1969).

Based on my own speculation (not facts), Price is probably older than both Makarov and Sandman but younger than MacMillan.

So I would place him:

MacMillan: ~1963
    Price: 196X
    Sandman: 1969
    Makarov: 1970

Which would mean he was probably born between 1963 and 1969. Going further on my own speculation I think Price is some years younger than MacMillan, say maybe two or three. He was a lieutenant when MacMillan was a captain so I don't imagine there would be a great difference in age between them, though it's possible (up to five years?).

I think Price is also quite a few years older than Makarov, a difference greater than that between Price and MacMillan. Call it four.

I think the years that best fit that are 1965 or 1966. I'm leaning more towards 1966, which would make him 45 in COD4 and 50 in MW2 and MW3.

This is just my opinion though, I think anywhere between 1965 and 1968 would be reasonable.

How old do you think Price is? Has that changed from COD4 and MW2?

EDIT: Added a poll. For comparison:

Victor Zakhaev (if he were still alive): 44
    Makarov: 46
    Sandman: 47
    MacMillan: 53

2. TheUser

TheUser Super Moderator
    Staff Member

He must be older than 51. Close to 60 I reckon

3. Grigori Weaver

60?

Wow, I would have put him at 51 at the most. Not dissing you or anything, just think it's interesting to hear people's opinions on this. I have a friend who thinks he's 45. :)

4. The BOSS

The BOSS Member

Over 50 definatley.

5. SweElite

SweElite New Member

When I start to think about it... Wasen't Price in the original Call of Duty?
    Would that mean that Cap. Price is ~100 years old? :rip:

6. TheUser

TheUser Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That was probably his grandfather or something and he only went under the name of "Price"

Price was definitely over 60 and died in 1944. Use that to determine John Price's age.

7. Captain Price

Captain Price Well-Known Member

None of your damn business.

8. Grigori Weaver

That was a different Price.

There's a lot of unknown variables in that.

Like estimating Price's age during WWII, then estimating at what age he might have had a child, what age the child had Price, etc.

I think it's better judging his age from MacMillan, Makarov, Sandman and Victor Zakhaev.

It's good to have you back, old man. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. SpeedStarTMQ

SpeedStarTMQ New Member

Well he's fairly old for a soldier. You have to be minimum of eighteen to join the SAS. He was a Captain by 2011 when Modern Warfare started, and that's no easy task. He looks quite old, at least in his 50's by then, and he's obviously very experienced. We can look at some facts to get a good picture of his age:

Intel dated 1978 for the final Black Ops level Redemption suggests a Jonathan ***** of the SAS will be spearheading the operation to silence Hudson, Mason and Weaver permanently in South Africa, despite him being inordinately young for such a role.

It's likely he was older than 18 at this point, but even so, if he was at least 18 in 1978, in 1988 he'd be 28, 1996 (Chernobyl) he'd be 36, 2008 he'd be 48 and by 2011 (Modern Warfare) he'd be 51.

By Modern Warfare's end in 2017 he'd be 57 years old, and looking at him, this makes perfect sense.

I'd place MacMillan at least at 65 by the end of MW3, he seems to be a fair amount older judging by his mannerisms. Makarov is even younger- mid thirties at latest.

10. Kooler186

Kooler186 Member

11. Captain Price

Captain Price Well-Known Member

Not trying to ridicule, but most of the things you just said are wrong.

I'm pretty sure we have exact ages for Makarov and MacMillan, with Makarov being 47-48 in MW3 and MacMillan being around 33 in 1996. There's no way that Price was three years older than him, but a lower rank. Especially since MacMillan was calling him "lad" and "son" and all of that.

We also have zero conformation that the SAS operative was actually Price.

12. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't know how old Captain John Price is, but I do know one thing. Even if Price was dead from old age, he'd still kick your butt...

13. Kooler186

Kooler186 Member

same logic applies to Reznov

14. Pirated

Pirated Well-Known Member

97 years, 43 days, 23 minutes, and 2...3...4....5...6...7...8...9...10 seconds old.

15. ii Azido

ii Azido Member

he's 'bout tree fitty

16. Pirated

Pirated Well-Known Member

Watchoo talking about LOK NESS MONSTA!!!

17. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Same goes for Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer...

18. SpeedStarTMQ

SpeedStarTMQ New Member

That would make Macmillan 54 by Modern Warfare 3's end. It makes Makarov 46 by the end considering he was born late 1970.

Macmillan just seems way too young, he was made out to be pretty old in CoD 4, and he sounds ancient by MW3.

Well, I'll have to retract my statement. All things considered, I'd have to place Price within 50's still, maybe only just and perhaps late forties at least. Still gives a minimum age gap between him and Macmillan of 4 years, which would make all the difference in the SAS. He also seems older than Makarov.

Also, I suppose Black Ops was just trying to put in a little easter egg without much thought. Was confirmed to be Price by the French version where they use his name, but could always be his father, seeing as his grandfather was SAS. Prince HAS to be younger than Macmillan. If Price were 50 by MW3's end, he'd have been born 1967. If his father was SAS and very young in 1978 (which realistically we have no real idea about SAS age limits other than minimum starting age) then it means Price was born with a very young father. Likely just an easter egg not meant to be thought about too much.

19. Grigori Weaver

Yeah it's pretty much an easter egg and not something to really seriously consider in the context of the Modern Warfare games.