Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How the hell is the lawn always mowed?

Discussion in 'Episode 301 - Seed' started by Tiffani Cruz, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Tiffani Cruz

Tiffani Cruz New Member

Baffling, zombie laborers?

2. Tiffani Cruz

Tiffani Cruz New Member

Lol seee

Yeaaaaa

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

#2 Tiffani Cruz, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  3. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

That's what I was thinking. Zombie slaves! Question is, how do they know how to start a lawn mower? :zombies_confused:

4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

LOL, yeah its funny to pick apart the show. Yeah that yard at the prison looked pretty nice!

5. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

It's not. I think y'all need to go back and watch it again. At the prison it wasnt super high but it definitely was not mowed. It was very unkempt and weedy looking. You also have to remember that it is early Spring and just starting to grow after the winter.
    Just off the top of my head, other places where the grass was not mowed...
    *Ricks house
    *Morgan's house
    *The Farm
    *The pile up on the HWY
    *The houses In the subdivision where Shane and Andrea look for Sophia
    *The old house where Daryl finds the Cherokee Rose out back
    *Woodbury(they haven't shown it other than the trailers but it is very high)

#5 Daniel Day, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. Tiffani Cruz

Tiffani Cruz New Member

Check the second reply and u will see I'm right, I posted a pic

7. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Check my pics and you will see I'm right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should I go on? :Grin:

8. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

BOOM! You tell 'em, DD. Yards are overgrown all over the show. Plus it's just after winter like you pointed out. I've never seen grass grow in the winter. So in the season three premier there shouldn't be any real tall grass yet.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Hey come on...open your mind. :Grin:

10. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

BTW, in your pic the grass actually looks like it hasn't been cut in several weeks. So you are actually proving yourself wrong, lol. And I know you are new here so you wouldn't know this but a good friend of mine lives on that street where that was filmed. Every home owner was paid $150 to not mow their lawns for 3 weeks prior to filming. So that shows that, contrary to popular belief, the producers actually do pay attention to the small details.

11. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Not all grass grows at the same rate either. I have to mow my yard once a week to keep it short but the guy that lives across the street only needs to mow his yard once a month to keep it as short as mine. Different kinds of grass grow at different speeds.

12. Chaos

Chaos Member

I haven't studied such things but could the zombies constantly stomping around the prison yard retard the length of the grass i.e stomping on grass in a line will make a dirt path, stomping on grass less but steadily will make grass short?

Of course, I didn't check the grass outside the fence.

13. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

In the end it's a quick-shooting TV show and they can only do so much. Some places they can more directly control the height of the grass and some places they can't. The neighborhood is an example of where they didnt have full control. IIRC, they passed out papers asking the neighborhood not to mow their lawns for a few weeks. Some people may have gone against that. I would have obliged them, but it would have bothered the hell out of me. :zombies_lol:

As for the Prison yard.....it was just winter season and it looked like the walkers had been trampling around that whole time. So it wouldn't be like a hay field or anything...

14. WalkerAbeSimpson

I thought they did a good job with the prison only certain types of grass grows to real tall grass so it might need to be a bit longer but if you look at the length of grass on the bank of the river and by the railroad tracks it's about the same as the courtyard.

15. ll wrath ll

ll wrath ll Member

Yeah, I actually agree on the grass, I'm not the most knowledgeable about winters in that area, but I would bet it's just now spring and the grass is regrowing, but in other episodes grass is long. plausibility suggests the scenes with mowed lawns was more due to a lot of heat of the summer and no watering. It's hot as hell where I live and grass doesn't grow the best unless it's watered. But still, I thought it was a funny post

16. ZombieHunterTx

ZombieHunterTx New Member

Zombie Goats are roaming the countryside, keep the grass from getting out of hand.

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Hmm, seems pretty normal.

1. Typical Chicago suburban street, IMO. Can't say whether it's normal for Georgia.

2. Looks like they're holding an improvised local "blue man group" performance, and roping off the area for the performers

3.Well... Rick doesn't look too surprised at the yard, maybe that's how Lori always keeps it. I'm sure she spend more time worrying about her "issues" pre-ZA than on lawncare.

4.And Daryl? That's probably his house, and proud of it. He's just looking over his shoulder to see where his dogs are.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

P.S. who puts a tire swing in their FRONT yard, anyway? On the farm? OK, but right in front of the house in the suburbs? That's a bit hillbilly even for me.

19. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

I had a swing in my front yard. No trees in my back yard.

20. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Don't want no zombies sneakin' around bitin' bitches because they was hidin' in an unkempt mess of a lawn. Remember folks, in the zombie apocalypse A SHORT LAWN IS A SAFE LAWN!!