Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How The Sickness Started!

Discussion in 'Episode 402 - Infected' started by Country, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Country

Country Member

Hey guys,

I have a theory about how the sickness killed Violet (the pig in S1) and why Rick killed the lil piggies.

I guess the pigs got infected because Rick gave them worms for proteins to eat. It's possible that the worms have eaten zombie flesh before the pigs ate them. Afterwards Patrick and the others have eaten bacon (from another pig, that has eaten the worms but was slaughtered before E1) or something and they got infected, too.

2. AiRo1988

AiRo1988 New Member

Im guessing the dear that Daryl brought in as they made it a big deal when Patrick thanked him and in ep2 Daryl mentioned Charlie (sleepwalking guy) was fine the day before at the bbq. I guess he ate the same as Patrick and died around the same time as he was a walker when the attack occured.

3. AiRo1988

AiRo1988 New Member

As for the pigs maybe they were given the leftovers as they have a reputation for eating even bone.

4. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Well Dr.S said this sickness has existed before the walkers so I don't think worms eating walker flesh caused it.

5. Tiffanydacat

Tiffanydacat New Member

Rick killed the ill piggies to attract the zombies elsewhere. I thought it was a pretty good idea until, of course, the zombies oiled back up on the fence. Poor violet! I'm guessing she got infected because of what she was fed. Hopefully they figure out what going on before more survivors get sick and turn!

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He sacrificed the pigs because he knew they were probably infected, and wanted to lure the walkers away from fence. The idea was dumb, as anyone who lives in the country knows that putting food around your house is the best way to KEEP pests around. What did they think, the walkers would then walk away when they were done with the pigs? No, they go right back to the fence, along with more walkers attracted by the activity. They key is just to keep stabbing them. With 10 people stabbing at the fence, they could dispatch 300 walkers in a half hour.

7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Rick and the group tried stabbing the walkers, but they were too few to make a difference. The fence was going to collapse, Rick had to sacrifice the pigs (they were likely contaminated anyway) to distract the walkers while the fence was bolstered.

#7 Rapscallion, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  8. Tepig003

Tepig003 Member

Feeding the zombies so close to the fence is like feeding a wild dog in your backward, it would make sure they would stay. He should of killed the pigs while someone tried to use wood (maybe from the pig farm thing) and make the fence stronger.

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Rick burned most of the wood that made the pig pen; it was contaminated.

10. jacobsmith7505

That is exactly what they did do... Just not from the pig pen.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

While there are alternatives to solve the imminent problem of fence collapse (like driving a vehicle outside the fence to lure the walkers away from the fence and then lead them 1-2 miles away), using piglets is also effective.

This method is meant to lure the walkers away for a short period of time (eg 30 minutes) so that they can fortify the fence.
    But I think the piglets are 'sacrificed' to pass the idea that the hard work done by Rick in the past few months is now gone.

12. Neuropyramidal

Well, that's how they played it off, but it didn't really make sense. Its simple math. If you have 10 people stabbing, and even if each person only stabs 1 per minute, that's 300 walkers in a half hour. That's more walkers than were there. The pigs would ultimately bring in more walkers, likely. But, they had to kill the pigs on the show, so they could show Rick getting so upset over killing them, as the pigs symbolized a stable way of life, and now they were gone. No more stable piggies for TWD lol.

13. HitPoint

HitPoint New Member

I posted this in another thread and thought it would be more appropriate here.

We don't know how widespread this disease is yet and where it originated from besides some speculation, and i'm betting it came in from the outside.

Just think, widespread plague like virus, the threat of walkers, AND the governor still out there.

The group is in for one hell of a ride lol.

14. Neuropyramidal

I think this Spanish flu sickness thing will be a short arc, and probably over in a couple episodes. Like the meningitis scare on Under the Dome that suddenly just resolved itself. Just some extra glue to throw into the works for an episode or two.

15. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

16. soxymeow

soxymeow Member

Well there's a theory that the girls are feeding the zombies. So maybe they interacted with the zombie with the blood eyes. Washed there hands in the communal water and then anyone that came in contact with that water then got infected. I don't think it had much to do with the pigs. But as the doc said they can be the cause for transferring of diseases, so I also understand the sacrifice. However the way they "fixed" the fence was no real point. They should have put the spike frames near the gate along the weak point of the fence.

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it's too soon for that arc.. Next season I think..

18. Carls Hat

Carls Hat Member

I thought this was the simplest solution too! Too easy I guess. Then we wouldn't have the added tension!

19. The Walking Cas

Piglet started it! Damn him and his stuffed animal friends!

[​IMG]

20. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

looool!