Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How the weather may affect the walkers

Discussion in 'Episode 907 - Stradivarius' started by Miamicuse, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I wonder how the weather would impact the walkers.

Would it be safe to assume that in the tropics, where it rains a lot, insects everywhere, that the walkers would not "survive" as long because they rot quicker, there are maggots eating their flesh, there are swamps they can't easily walk out of?

As they travel north to colder areas, say New York, Manitoba etc...it will be snow in the ground, slippery ice, freezing cold, the walkers would be walking real slow in a foot of snow, and slipping and sliding in the freezing cold, may be even frozen solid as they don't think of finding shelters. So why don't they travel north in the winter?

2. offrope

offrope Active Member

Northern Virginia gets cold in winter. But since we're almost 10 years into the ZA and it hasn't been winter yet, why worry about what happens to walkers in the cold?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

I read this and thought "How would the walkers know when/where to travel at different times of the year..." Then realised you mean the survivours :'D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah the way the walkers decompose is kind of a suspension of disbelief sort of thing. They should NOT decompose the way they do on the show. Several year old bodies do not usually still look intact but just with leather skin. They should bloat and fall apart. Especially in hot summers. For instance, that walker that Maggie found in the trunk in S5 should have bloated, exploded, and basically become an unrecognizable mess. Yet it still looked basically like a member of the Supreme Court.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Always planned to live up North once the zombies come. No way they can be a threat in a canadian winter. Let them come!! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

World war z(the book not the crappy movie) talked about this and said weather affects them more slowly than a normal corpse but still does what you would expect over time. Also said they would freeze in snow but reanimate when it thaws. I don't know if the show applies wwz's rules but it seems pretty close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I didn't realize he meant survivors either until I read your post lmao

• Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Me too. Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  9. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Yeah I meant the humans should go north where they are surrounded by slow moving frozen walkers.