Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer How To: Open your NAT type for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for less laggy games

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by DJ piNoy, Nov 24, 2012.

1. OG1-KENOBI

OG1-KENOBI Well-Known Member

Host is and always will be BAD for me. I wish i could get god mode.

2. island gopher

island gopher Member

Thanks OG1, I dicked around some more but no luck, the new router didnt seem to make one bit of difference so I plugged my old one back in, returned the new one and got my $146 back.

I think I will contact my internet provider and see what it costs for a separate "gaming" connection. If it's say $20/month or something like that I gonna do it.

Incidently, there are 8 connected devices here in my home, ha, that's probably the problem right there. It seems when I'm the only one on I dont experience any significant problems.

3. Rokon2

Rokon2 Member

I'd rather not be host. I'd like my bullets to hit people.

4. JBModz

JBModz New Member

i have a second router for my ps3, all the settings i need and no one is disturbed, only 11 devices here now. i tried every router brand and amost all models to get this game to work, no luck. they all act the same as my trusty d link 655. the game is a lot of fun when it works but since the last patch i am stuck on strict nat and cant find a fix that works anymore. just getting owned every game now.

5. Gambit11B

Gambit11B Well-Known Member

6. Desolationz

Desolationz Well-Known Member

For some reason 3074 only works for TCP when I try to do 3074 for UDP an error comes up saying duplicate number. Anyone know why that is?

7. russ7000

russ7000 Member

i had mine open since mw3, it helps but still get lag from time to time...

8. Avelyn

Avelyn New Member

Thank you for the in depth tutorial, I appreciate it. Gladly I would like to say that this method was capable of opening my ports, which then allowed me to feel less network latency and give me the opportunity to connect with player I was not capable of connecting with before. For those who seem to find some hurdles along the way, I will post a link that you can use as help to allow you to grasp a better concept of how exactly you port forward on different modems and routers.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

9. Rikthorn

Rikthorn New Member

I would definitely recommend this to most people. It helps a ton just with matchmaking speed and connections a lot of the time. The only downside is getting your friends to do this too or it might restrict you from playing with them as easily. Spread the word!