Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How to properly report a bug/exploit

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale Bugs and Technical Support' started by Mortesh, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Mortesh

Mortesh Member

Reporting a bug is a great thing to do and helps SOE patch them out more quickly. There are a few things you should take into consideration before posting a bug/exploit report.

1 - Someone else probably has encountered the same bug. Please use the search function provided for the forums to see if anyone is having a similar problem, replying to their post is just as effective as making your own and won't flood the forums with more threads the mod's need to read when it's the same issue. - http://h1z1forum.com/search.php

2 - Attempt to re-create the bug/exploit, if something can be reliably recreated then there is a sure fire way to track it down

3 - Details details details. I can't stress enough how much details help in solving problems. perhaps the bug is caused by a location, time of day, certain item in your hand or bag, or any other variable. Key factors are - Time, server, location, what you were doing just before it happened, and what you were trying to do.

4 - Be patient, the bug may take a little while to isolate and patch out, and then EVERY server has to come down for them to implement the code, meaning thousands of players will be booted offline. For something minor, it's likely to wait until the next scheduled restart.

5 - Have fun, so there's a bug, if it was game breaking, the game wouldn't work. Just play around it until it's fixed.

Remember everyone, our feedback is what keeps SOE's developers working around the clock to produce a fun, reliable, and trustworthy game.

Disclaimer - Abusing bugs/glitches for gain are not condoned by myself or SOE (to the best of my knowledge) so don't do anything... >.> unwise.