Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How was the fire hose so effective?

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by Owl_at_Home, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Owl_at_Home

Owl_at_Home New Member

I kept thinking, "Oh good idea, Eugene, this will knock the walkers down and give everyone else a breather. Then they'll have a couple minutes to run around bashing heads before they start getting back up." But they didn't do that, as far as I saw. Did I miss something, or was the hose powerful enough to destroy all their brains? It didn't seem like he was even targeting heads, for sure.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It didn't make any sense. Some of them just got knocked down. They should have been getting right back up.

3. AngelCastiel

AngelCastiel Member

I thought the same exact thing, they should have at least been crawling if they couldn't get back up.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Gale Anne Hurd said that they were having trouble with the fire truck, and wasted hours trying to get it to run. Perhaps they only had one day to shoot these scenes and after so much time was wasted they decided to cut their losses and just go with what they had. Because everything was wrong with this scene. Even the editing of how the message on the ground showed up was erroneous.

5. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

I try to pretend that scene didn't happen. It made 0 sense.

6. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

It wasnt nearly as bad as the walkers falling thru the roof at the big spot...

7. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

Because writer decided to have brain fart.

8. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I thought I saw several of the walkers practically disintegrate. Which indicated that their bodies were severely compromised. Maybe unrealistically so, since they were able to walk around.

That said, a fire hose can produce a significant amount of force, as evidenced by Bull Connor.

9. Owl_at_Home

Owl_at_Home New Member

Well, I'm a little disappointed in the show about that, but a little glad it wasn't just me. If they didn't have time to film it so that it made sense, it would have been better to cut it right after the hosedown, edit it so that a little time had passed, and let us assume they took care of the walkers off screen. Ah well.

10. Bub

Bub New Member

The shock of not having washed for two years, them zombies died of shame...

11. baforrest929

baforrest929 New Member

What's next, hitting the walkers with spit-wads?

12. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Idk it didn't seem that far fetched to me. I thought those hoses were made to real powerful and since walkers are getting weaker seemed like it could take their head off. Maybe the ones he hit in the body they would've had to put down but as weak as they were that hose probably could've done some real damage

13. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

Hoses are very powerful, i dont think its too unrealistic that it could take out some of the more decomposed walkers. also the show always has walkers heads getting smashed to pieces without much effort so they have set the tone that they are very vulnerable to impact forces.

14. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

OK well add to all of this the fact that they could not get the truck running at all before the Walkers swarmed them?
    So exactly how did they build up water pressure to make the hose work at all?
    I realize this type of logic is common in TV shows but come on!

So the Mullet has the genius idea to grab a limp hose and kill Walkers with it anyway......somehow?

The whole thing seems crazy to me but I think now we are supposed to think they have found a new secret way to kill Walkers from her out.

15. Jack Windham

Jack Windham Member

How many firetrucks are they going to run into?

16. JohnD

JohnD Member

Force of the water was seen to rip several of the walkers apart - a head turned to mush, an arm blown away, etc... I guess we're supposed to believe that the force was enough to dismember a rotting corpse... many rotting corpses actually.

17. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

There is a tremendous amount of force coming out of a fire hose. Enough to knock down a grown man and probably injure them. With that in mind, the arguments about the fire hose not generating power without a working engine are valid and they should have had to go around and finish off some of the walkers. He didn't blow the heads off of all of them that I saw. Whether a fire hose could blow the head off of a decomposed body, I don't know. We tend to have to suspend our disbelief on occasion when watching this show (there are dead bodies walking around after all) and this is just one of those times

18. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Yeah I was thinking they would have to put down the walkers that slipped as well. Then out of nowhere they were just suddenly dead.

Eugene didn't get all of them in the head.

19. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

20. zipykido

zipykido Member

The issue I had with that scene was that it didn't really seem like the water pressure was very powerful. The walkers were maybe 10-20 ft away at most but it looked like they were getting hit with a garden hose. I would have been ok that but then they started disintegrating from that hose, which also made no sense because a fire truck uses a compressor to move water, but their truck was pretty much broken.