Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How was the fire hose so effective?

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by Owl_at_Home, Nov 12, 2014.

1. tehwalkingdead

What kind of garden do you have to need a hose like that?

Mine is a tiny, but long, gree tube.

2. Keyven

Keyven New Member

This is my take on the whole squishy zombie thing. From what I know, calcium is what keeps bones strong. Bones are constantly being broken down and rebuilt because the calcium is stored there for use in the body. Calcium is used to help facilitate the transfer of nerve signals as well as make muscles work. We still don't know how this virus works but it must help preserve the nerves somehow so they don't rot away and the muscles are still able to work, unless this is all magic, the muscles would be using up calcium. So over time the Walkers bodies must be slowly draining the bones of their calcium to be able to move and send nerve signals. This would make the bones very brittle and combine that with the undead already rotting away, i can see how they might fall apart from a high pressure fire hose Also from the note on the ground, saying "sick inside, let them die" rather then saying that their are monsters inside. So these people might have been in there since the beggining or at least for a very long time. They wouldnt have access to eating people while being stuck in there so would be starving and rotting away. Who knows if they even have digestion, but yeah no tasty humans to get all the essential nutrients a zombie needs! So taking all that into account I can believe that they would be squishy and easy to tear apart.

#22 Keyven, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

More than once ,characters have stepped on walker heads and they break easier than stepping on an egg or even water balloon. (For any wasteland CRPG fans , walker heads explode like a blood sausage.)

4. dontusethezword

Does that mean the end of the series would be something like this:

...The counter offensive was so hilariously successful, it felt more like a Wreck-a-Walker fair. Combatants, or contestants, mash up the walking dead in various creative ways. Some would roll a bowling ball towards them and see how many shins it could smash through. The automatic tennis ball launcher was a crowd favourite, mowing the walkers down like a cross between a machine gun and a medieval siege engine. A professional soccer player and an NBA star competed against each other to see who can bust more rotten manky skulls before their ball touches the ground. Some tried to answer the question: how many rubberband hits does it take to get to the centre of the brain? Even Judith killed one with a lucky throw of her alphabet block.

5. steely

steely Well-Known Member

the only thing i can think of is that the hose blew some of them apart at close range, but that still wouldn't kill them... it's a convenient plot hole, kinda like anyone believing eugene has the cure...