Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How will Rick react to Merle?

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by RarreKZ, Jan 2, 2013.

1. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Alright, so we know that obviously Rick is going back to rescue Daryl, which means Merle will come with them. Rick and Merle aren't "friends" so how will they react to eachother?

I bet they will look at eachother with the camera spinning around them with dramatic music. :Grin:

2. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

I guess he would apologize to Merle "I had to do what I did, I hope you understand that" or something like that.
    Of course Merle wont forgive Rick...

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

During the initial rescue they won't really have time to react to each other. Probably just a few "Holy sh*t!" stares, but then they have to get out of that arena. Maybe once back at the prison or on the road they'll have time to talk about it. Likely, Rick will do his best to make peace and keep things friendly because he knows he needs Daryl. He can't afford to alienate Daryl because of his loyalty to Merle.

4. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

It'll definitely be what bassman said

5. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I think the old Rick would have sought forgiveness. I think the new Rick will come off sort of Merle'ish with something like "It didn't go down the way I expected, but stuff happens" and if need be threaten to kill Merle if he does anything to endanger the group. Rick needs Darryl but he needs Merle like he needs another Zombie in the family.

6. Kimiko

Kimiko Member

I can see both Bassman and MrSmith317's points. Rick needs all the muscle he can get (especially after recent events) and can't afford to lose any more people. But I don't think he will take any of Merle's crap.

He is kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place, if he tries to take Merle into the group to appease Daryl, he will alienate Glenn and Maggie for certain (and most of the group I image); if he sends Merle packing, Daryl might leave with him. I hope Daryl can see Merle for what he is and the threat he would present to the group.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Good points. I think we'll actually see something that addresses this. Maybe Merle draws on Rick and Daryl draws on Merle? Then Daryl explains that this is his new family, but Merle is still his original family?

Daryl will definitely be conflicted, but I certainly don't think he's going let Merle do anything to the group or vice versa. That's where the real brotherly conflict comes in.

#7 Bassman, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  8. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I see the conflict happening between the brothers moreso than within the group or with Rick. Darryl is the "big brother" in the group, and I think he's going to show that off as much as possible. If nothing else just to show Merle that he has a place where he fits in. Darryl himself will probably be the one to ditch Merle if/when the time comes.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

With Merle joining Rick's group, there's no doubt it will involve everyone. Daryl's conflict is between Marle and his new family.

10. Machete

Machete Active Member

Here is what I hope happens:

Once Rick, Merle and Daryl make it back to the prison, Rick produces Merle's hand that he has secretly been keeping ever since Daryl threw it at that kid back in season one. Rick hands the hand (that sounds funny) back to Merle and says:

"I think you dropped this"

Merle, Daryl and Rick all start laughing. Merle accepts the hand, and all three hug and have a beer together.

11. ggill09

ggill09 Member

I would agree with Bass initially that they wont say much at WB. However on the road Im sure Rick will try and lay some ground rules. As much as Rick wants to grow his group, Merle probably wasnt at the top of his list, for many reasons. However, I think Rick will definitely be able to put up with it for now. Daryl will be the one that is really conflicted. He will have to decide between the group and Merle at some point Im sure, which wont go well.

12. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

You forgot the freeze frame jump in the air to signify that they're all just three whacky friends.

13. littleangelv

littleangelv Member

Nice!!! I could totally see that too!!! Im sure no matter what Daryl will always take Ricks and the groups side.....

14. littleangelv

littleangelv Member

Or......Merle will be around for a little bit.....and then one day the group will get attacked by walkers and Merle will get bit to save Daryl or someone and boom hes gone, on a good note (little bit heroish lol)

15. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Rick isn't the same Rick that met Merle, he's a lot more hard and callous now than he was. I think he'd shoot Merle pretty quickly if he thought he should. OTOH, Daryl is his right-hand man, and if Daryl really wanted Merle in the group, he'd probably threaten Merle but give him a chance. After all, Merle's an a-hole, but definitely a survivor.

16. Shonen

Shonen Member

If Rick met merle... the following will happen.

Scenario 1: Rick is alone with Merle no Daryl
    "Merle is in a jail cell"

Rick starts off their conversation with "How's the hand Merle ?" to angst Merle to attack him, or just piss him off. Rick then tells him about how bad he felt for leaving him on that roof, but that doesn't mean he'll just accept him into the group. Rick then goes on to say he's put to many people in Rick's group in danger already and he certainly can't send him back to the governor in fear that he brings the Governor to the prison..so there's only one other option. *15 seconds Stare down between the two men on opposite side of the cage* Rick then takes out his pistol quickly and shoots Merle in the stomach and then watches slowly as he dies. He then puts one in his brain and departs.

Scenario 2:

Rick starts off their conversation with "How's the hand Merle ?" to angst Merle to attack him, or just piss him off. Rick then tells him that he's put to many people in Rick's group already and he certainly can't send you back to the governor in fear that he brings him to the prison. Rick then suggest putting him in one of the prison cell for the time being, and then threatens merle by saying that if at the first sign i even suspect you putting any member of the group in danger I'll put a bullet in your head personally.

#16 Shonen, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  17. ChokeHldsIllegal

I read that in Rick's voice and it was awesome! hahaha very Rick!

It will definitely be what [MENTION=3182]Skaeryll[/MENTION] said 'bout what [MENTION=370]Bassman[/MENTION] said.

18. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I think the old Rick would have approached Merle with a more "I did what I had to, and I hope you can forgive me" attitude. The new Rick is harder, more badass than ever before. I think he will definitely feel challenged at Merle's arrival.

19. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

lmao