Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How would YOU have handled the Raid on Woodbury?

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by MrDeath, Dec 3, 2012.

1. MrDeath

MrDeath Member

Rick and co. could have obviously come up with a better/safer plan. I think they used WAY too much ammo and smoke's/flashbangs just to come home down another 2 members.

Putting everyones life on the line sneaking through the streets of a town populated by atleast 70 people not knowing what kind of firepower/soldiers they have was stupid.

Group should have split into 2.

Rick, Darryl should have led walkers lurking around the Prison Gates towards Woodbury Pied Piper style. Lead them towards one of the 'towers' where guards are station'd and let off some shots. The guards would at first assume there under fire but quickly see the zed's and figure maybe another guard took shots first.

Meanwhile Oscar and Michonne are at another end of town and start a fire inside one of the buildings. Between the fire and the walkers, The Gov's men would have had their hands full.

Then Rick and co. could have met up again and went searching with less patrol and chance of being caught.

In all the confusion Merle, Martinez, The Gov and whoever would have never EVEN went back to Glenn and Maggie and would have presumably been easy pickin's.

Maybe im overthinking it but i just feel like a WAY better plan could have been constructed.

2. fecto

fecto Member

It's a tough call, I have been rattling my brain for the past 5 minutes and can't really come up with a decent plan. I guess creeping around with silent weapons picking off any guards you could while they were unaware would have left them in a very strong position when the guns start blazing. If they all took up various firing positions around the town then fire some shots into the air the remaining guards would be very disorganised not knowing where the attackers were and could probably be taken out easily. They are not fighting trained soldiers either. If allot of them got killed and ricks team were still guns blazing from unknown locations you can be sure as shit most people would give in to fear and surrender or lock themselves away and hide. A few well positioned guns covering large fields of view can easily massacrer many times their own number in confusion however they are not trained soldiers either so the plan would probably go to shit

3. Howard33

Howard33 Member

At the very least, set up a sniper position from a high vantage in one of the buildings. They have a scoped rifle that would have worked well and it seems they can improvise silencers so why not for the rifle... Start a diversion in front and start picking off anyone armed.

4. Howard33

Howard33 Member

Molotov cocktail those buildings as you go as well.

5. fecto

fecto Member

what purpose would that serve other than to burn innocent people in their sleep?

Or is that the whole idea? Rick doesn't know that they're innocent and as far as they know the citizens could fight against them.

I would probably just kill everyone. After living so long in a zombie apocalypse the lives of strangers would be of little concern if members of your group were in danger. Obviously I wouldn't go searching homes and killing every man woman and child but anyone outside during the gun fight would have to be taken out imo. To risky to leave em alive not knowing if they have a concealed weapon.

6. Orbital2

Orbital2 Member

The problem with just crashing in their and burning everything down is that you don't know WHERE glenn and maggie are in the town. In terms of..leading walkers in..even if you managed to do that without them initially going after you they are just going to be another obstacle towards escaping.

Personally felt like they handled the raid pretty well

7. Howard33

Howard33 Member

Even though Michonne gave them a rought estimate on actual combatants, they have no real idea of how many towns people would participate nor how accurate her information was. Controlled chaos is the name of the game. Give them fire, walkers, smoke and whatever else the hell you can to keep then occupied.

Now, I realize the idea was likely to sneak in and sneak out but you have an obviously armed camp with superior numbers who are willing to abduct your people. You have to assume that they've talked and when you rescue them, if you can, then there will be retaliation. Better to disorient them now and cause as much infrastructure damage as possible to potentially delay them so you can not only escape, but also prepare for when they come for you. If your lucky, you not only force them to resecure and rebuild needed valuable materiel, but also thin out armed opposition.

Now time obviously seemed to be a primary issue since they were all about getting Glenn and Maggie out riki tiki, but I would still have caused some focused mayhem to cover my withdrawl.

8. DalekSec

DalekSec Active Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have made mention of this very matter in previous posts.

*grin*

As for burning the innocent. Sorry but, MY People come first. Don't like it, complain to your member of Congress. If I had to lay waste of Woodbury, put every man, woman and child to the sword, in order to save one of my band... You can bet Hershel's farm that I would. With a smile.

9. Al Davis is back

I wondered if there would be access through the sewers. Manhole cover?

One thing for certain is I would have gotten those tires soaked with fuel, lit a fire at some point in the process, and covered the area in thick, black smoke. No one could breathe, see, and there would be a mass exodus to get to a part in the town where you could breathe. Plus the tires would smolder for days. Get your people out through the sewers to safety and make a huge mess in the process. Plus, you can always use the entrance again if they are unaware.

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I would've looked at setting fire to some of the military vehicles they stole from the National Guard. 2 Birds, one stone. Makes a distraction and reduces their abilities to attack the prison.

11. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah that loaded turd was so pathetically lame it was homosexual, what I would have done is went right in through the front, kicked open the puny fence and disabled the guards and tied up the goons, popped the governor once in the head, shot Merle dead, rescued Glenn and Maggie and told Andrea take it or leave it and now, then walked right back out the front gate where it all started, farted, flipped any left-over stragglers the bird and went on back to the prison.

That would have went so well, walkers would have stared in amazement.

Michonne, whichever your disagreements with the Governor, leave your personal stuff back at the base, this is business so either play along or go on your way but one or the other and thank you.

Had it been done proper we wouldn't have had to endure the second round of commercials before Rick and Co. were back at the prison, and in plenty of time to greet their new visitors.

#11 8307c4, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  12. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

yeah i like those: i would have done everything different but everything better threads :p

thing about plans is, they almost never work out the way they should.

13. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I would have walked up to the gate and asked to see their Grail. If all else fails....build a bunny

14. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

LOL... how old are you?

15. Zombie Guts

Zombie Guts Member

Yah Rick's group pretty much invaded with their only plan being stealth then smoke grenades. Destroying equipment would have been a good idea too.

16. fecto

fecto Member

A pile of burning tyres would not have covered the area in thick black smoke. The smoke would just rise straight up into the air unless there was a very strong wind, even then the area of complete deathly smoke would be very small. To much air space for it to dissipate into outside.

17. Lawman

Lawman Member

You can say that again. They were doing great using stealth but then all hell broke loose.

18. Machete

Machete Active Member

I would have constructed a Giant Wooden Badger....

19. RickMatz

RickMatz New Member

Molotov Cocktails the tires that make up the walls. They would burn viciously, be tough to put out AND need to be repaired ASAP, delaying a counter attack on the prison.

20. Machete

Machete Active Member

Honestly I thought the way that they did it worked pretty well. My question was how did they get in? Michonne seemed to lead them to some "secret entrance" and then why didn't they use that same way to get out? Or why not crawl UNDER the bus. Seems like you would be a little less vunerable under the bus than on top of it.