Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How would you make the ASZ safer?

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by RoboLives, Mar 11, 2015.

1. bstill

bstill Member

I would mount a push lawnmower about 5 feet high. Walkers would be attracted to the noise and those things run forever on a quart of gas.

2. mfinley

mfinley Member

Have you ever seen the "show ender"? It's a rake with a big nail stuck at the end of the handle. All you need is about 50 of them, throw them out on the ground and that's the end of the ZA.

3. StreborET

StreborET New Member

First off find a Yellow Pages book. Look for businesses that may have usable items (like a fence company). Recon recon recon.

4. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

dude ya that would be bitchin.

5. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I dunno, [MENTION=6473]Tigger[/MENTION]--your equation is way more succinct! (And congratulations on making it to Survivor status.)

6. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

Excellent idea. I would also try find a library. Lots of useful information could been gleaned from a large library. Knowledge is power.

7. Screaminleeman

The antidote to the virus causing the disease. At least if you can get the survivors to "stay dead" if/ when they eventually die you will be far safer.

In the meantime, develop some method of "monitoring" the communities members pulse and have some fail safe plan in place should a group member inside the walls pass away.

8. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

If the characters communicated with their "enemies" or communicated their problems and experiences a lot, there would be WAY less conflict going on. Unfortunately what I've noticed writers of TWD and alot of shows will do is prevent the characters from communicating in such a way that it causes a conflict that would easily be avoided with one or two line of spoken words. It's an annoying device used. All Rick had to say was that he didn't have a lookout and a tank came in and killed a few of his people, or that we encountered people who were nice to us but ended up being cannibals triying to eat us, and a lot of mis understanding could easily be avoided. If people understand why you want something they are less likely to think you are being antagonistic for no reason.

#68 Spidey, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  9. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

[
    Yes -- this has what has been driving me crazy about this show. How do they never seem to have a plan to reconnect in case shit goes south? It's like they learn nothing from past experiences. After the farm, they kind of just got lucky because they all thought to wander back to the road where they lost Sophia but they didn't have a plan in place to do that or anything. Then after all that time in the prison their only Plan B was to get on the bus? No discussions about where the bus would go or where people could meet up with the bus if they didn't make it on it? Scout the area and select a rendez vous point in case things go south for God's sake!

10. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

One of my biggest pet peeves - that, and the fact that they never made use of walkie talkies when they were separated (not until Shirewilt, anyway). Even the Termites did! But yes, they should definitely have a rendezvous spot at all times.

11. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

Walkie-talkies would need to be used with an ear piece though, imagine hiding from a walker and all of a sudden **CraCKle** uhh lets head in guys Ive got to take a **SQuawk**
    They also need batteries, something ASZ could recharge.

12. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

True, but I still think they would have been more helpful than harmful. Or even just to have on you if you went out, but you would keep it off unless you needed it. I know they probably don't have a great range anyway, but I still think they should have been using them - even if for just around the prison, for instance.

13. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I completely agree about the walkie talkies too. They obviously had some long range ones that worked a couple of miles apart.

14. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Its too unbelievable. This whole not being armed thing. People could raid them and what are the gonna do? Say "pardon me. We have to get our guns from the shed"?

15. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

I'd kill Aiden. Ha, or at least definintely take him off of being in charge of supply runs. I wouldn't even let him go!

16. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

I know, right! I think that this fact alone (that they lock up weapons and don't have them on hand) really shows just how unaware they are of how terrible the world outside their walls really is. Do you think that the guys who leave the walls on runs are completely aware of it? I'm sure they have an idea. My question is then why don't they tell Deanna so that she may change the whole no weapons thing? Do you think maybe she knows but forbids it to be told to the residents to avoid panic and paranoia? That has to be the case.

17. Santa

Santa Member

They really need to clear a 100' plus perimeter outside the wall: cut every tree, flatten every structure, remove every vehicle. Ideally, encircle that whole clearing with chain link fence covered in noisemakers. Litter the field with hedgehogs (think anti-landing-craft obstacles from Normandy). Hmm, maybe rig a deuce-and-a-half with a turbine "snow plow" to chew up walkers and spew the remnants 80' away from the wall (once the braces are moved inside, of course!). And fine, if the braces are twice as strong in tension, move them inside and DOUBLE them!

18. Rocky

Rocky Member

Might work in Britain. We are quite polite.