Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hurricane Season 2019

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by southernlady, Jul 10, 2019.

1. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

It looks like we have the first Gulf storm for 2019. Should be named Barry by Friday. Threat to the northern Gulf Coast. New Orleans has been getting heavy bands all morning.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. southernlady

This is not looking good for SE Louisiana. This is a very slow moving storm. Yesterday we had a lot of flooding and that was from one of the outer bands. I actually saw a video of a man swimming on Canal Street - it looked like a lake. The current track will be catastrophic for New Orleans and the River Parishes. Mandatory evacuations have been ordered for some areas due to the rising river (expected to spike to 20ft., the highest in 70 years) officials are concerned the river could top the levees. To say I'm a little nervous down here would be an understatement.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I saw they had evacuated some nursing homes. It does look frightening.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Stay safe and heed the warnings.

The truth is out there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. southernlady

They did that out of an abundance of caution, the flooding we had on Wednesday caused so many problems. Patients at Children's Hospital had to be moved to higher floors, etc. It was a complete mess.

Now that the dry air is moving out, the system will organize and strengthen. It will be good news for New Orleans if it follows the NHC track. We will get some tropical force winds and rain, but won't be as catastrophic as first thought. On the other hand, it's going to play hell on the central LA coast and Baton Rouge. It is a very slow moving storm and is not expected to get picked up by the high until Sunday morning.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. southernlady

Thanks Sharpie :) I'm at work for now to handle a few pressing issues. Then it's home to hunker down!

7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I saw a video of the street next to Bourbon street. It was a river. You could see cars completely under the water.