Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hurricane Season 2019

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by southernlady, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Not sure why my edit turned into a quote instead ^^^

The truth is out there

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

It looks like a bomb went off :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sharpie. It was having the ocean Right There and All Around to drain back into that puzzled me. I heard last night that some wind direction would soon change, which would help the water flow away from one of the flooded airports. Man, in the coming climate apocalypse they need to build those on higher ground....

5. Lindigo

MANY bombs. :(

6. Lindigo

Oh! I just saw today's fly over. The water is GONE in this footage. Just rubble. Somehow that much water being drained overnight is just as shocking as the water submerging everything just yesterday. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  7. southernlady

Now that the water is gone we will really see the damage. I'm afraid really.

I've been going at it with people who say New Orleans should just be left, yada yada yada. I've asked the question many times and people just ignore it - how many times do they think New Orleans has gone underwater?! I've lived here all of my life and Katrina is the only time that I can remember. I mean yes, we have street flooding and such, but some people act like we have to rebuild every other year. Then someone else posted that their city in Florida is much like New Orleans - a bowl off of a lake. It suddenly went quiet. And as to Katrina, I am still convinced that the flood walls were compromised during Hurricane Georges in 1998. Also one of the fools said New Orleans doesn't get hit with hurricanes. I'm still trying to figure out which planet he lives on.

Sorry, I just had to get that off of my chest. Having people tell you time and time again that your city is not worth saving is not cool.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Lindigo

Yeah, I remember people kept saying let it go back to nature. Partly, the rebuild looked so exhaustingly impossible. New York relies on its flood walls, too. I don't see them moving.

JUST before Katrina, I saw a tv episode in a series themed about what bad things might hit various places in the U.S., and it went into great detail about those flood walls not being safe or strong enough to withstand certain pressures. BLAM. It all happened. They DID know. What distressed me was that they knew this exact weakness was lurking, but they didn't fix it. That human factor was the most troubling thing to me.

In that series it talked about how one of the Washington cities would be wiped out by volcanic activity, etc. People live everywhere, and everywhere presents some sort of predictable calamity.

I would live in the mountains if I could, even though I dread California's annual fire menace.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. southernlady

We were on the "dirty" side of Katrina. The storm surge leveled Bay St. Louis, MS. A friend of mine had a adorable house there, when he sent me the after pictures I was amazed. There was nothing left but the slab.

And you hit the nail on the head - there are more places that could be in the same situation as we were, but no one wants to acknowledge that. My general response is I hope they never have to find out what that was like. It's never a fun time trying to come back from something like that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. southernlady

I could deal with the mountains! Would be so tranquil :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sharpie61

My sisters friend was removing her boards and found this behind one
    [​IMG]
    It’s a rat snake, but still.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  12. southernlady

OMG I would have died

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

OMG that is HUGE!!!! That's like the rat snake I happened to lay eyes on that was climbing up my porch wall while I was sitting out there last summer. Scared the bejesus out of me. I would post a pic but I don't know how to do that from my phone. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sharpie61

South Carolina is getting battered. My thoughts are with them and hope the people are safe.

The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 2