Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hush Hush Hush Hush

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Hush little baby, don't you cry...

Walkers surrounding you and I.....

If you keep making so much ado....

I'll be forced to drown you right up to your shoe....

#1 Neuropyramidal, Mar 20, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

This scene was the creepiest I believe I have seen in the whole show. Sent chills down my spine.

3. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

I'm going to guess that either that babies don't reanimate. Or the babies head was crushed in the dunk-tank process.
    Still, it was interesting seeing more of these crippled walkers lying around. First one of course being that one found in the tub by the Governor.
    The various states of social and infrastructure decay represented through the visuals are enough to keep me watching. The action is just the icing on that cake.

4. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Ahh thank you! I couldn't tell what spooked Denise and I came here specifically to see if someone identified what she was looking at. And now I'm horrified, so thank you again.

5. TROR

TROR Member

F*** this scene

6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Damn, talk about a crash course in "Life Outside of Alexandria 101." I admired Denise for making herself see the full range of the horror.

For all of the gore and grossness and shock of TWD, I'm with [MENTION=5575]jackson04[/MENTION]: that one simple shot of a child's shoe was one of the creepiest, most horrifying things I've seen.

7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Ok, I get it...
    But where did that come from?

8. Neuropyramidal

New Jersey.

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Awoooooo...

10. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I guess, the actual lyrics to the lullaby aren't even remotely like that.
    I saw the scene as kind of creepy but the hush hush thing...

I was kinda like awww dang, and ewww yeah, but her running out like that I was like hmmm...
    So a walker ate a baby...
    Wow, walkers eat humans.
    Ohhh kay.

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts...that scene is dead to me.

12. Neuropyramidal

the lyrics changed a bit.

13. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I take it the baby was hushed by drowning it, then the brain destroyed somehow so it wouldn't turn. The baby was probably suffering from hunger and wouldn't stop crying. but seeing as how they were in a room in the back, maybe the noise would not have attracted any walkers. I would prefer to think it was a mercy killing and not because they were saving themselves, which didn't work out any way! At some point with no food, it would be heart breaking to see your child suffer so.

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

The "Hush Hush Hush" on the wall tells me that this person was not stable before drowning that child. :-/ Plus i think i heard somewhere that bodies decompose pretty fast in water, so even if the baby did turn i'm sure it didn't go anywhere before there wasn't much left of it :-/

Which is why this scene is dead to me!

15. Neuropyramidal

I agree, although most of the plaza was free of walker hand prints, aside from that particular business, which had prints all over it. It made me think that noise was coming from inside, attracting the walkers. Plus the 'hush' written all over the wall. I don't know. Its hard to tell. But it seems like a 'shut up' kill :(

16. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the person lost it because of killing the child. And if it was a mercy killing, drowning was the least violent way. And the person had a cast on their leg, so they couldn't have left on foot with the child. So all they could do is lay there and die themselves.

17. BigBlue

BigBlue Member

Same here. That shot of the little foot was very disturbing to me. Worst scene in the show for me.

I was talking to my friend and he thought it was gonna show an infant zombie in the crib, which would've been even worse to me. Ugh...

18. Steppin' Razor

Buncha softies.

19. M3O

M3O Member

The creepiest in the whole show was that pink room. Remember when Michonne and Carl were looking through houses in 4B?

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think the reality of this scene is what makes it so disturbing. Anyone who has had a baby or has been around babies knows how much persistent crying can grate on your nerves. There have been studies that prove a baby's cry affects a mother more deeply than anyone else (which is why my fiance can say things like "just let her cry a little...she's a baby, it's what they do" or why he can stay asleep while she cries, and i feel like crying right along with her).

I've also heard that audio of crying babies is used as a method of torture in certain places. So take all of that, and add it to this scenario where this mother can't feed her child, can't stop him/her from crying, is hearing walkers outside trying to get in because of the crying....it was basically a torture chamber. This person went off their rocker and drowned their child. :-/

That's just my interpretation. I think they left it up to us to really put all the pieces together. Regardless, it was disturbing!