Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"I can't HELP you"

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by theNextmrsGrimes, Feb 12, 2013.

1. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

What do you think of Rick

discuss amongst yourselves.....

BTW - I thought everything was cleared up after the phone call.

2. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

I think he is feeling the guilt of not being able to protect her after he promised he would. He feels she is there seeking answers and he's telling her he doesn't have any.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah....he feels that he failed to protect her. Although I don't think he was actually saying it TO the vision. He was more saying it to himself. He knows he failed and there's nothing he can do about it now, so he's trying to get himself to stop having the visions.

4. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Spot on.

5. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

I agree unfortunately for him I don't think this is the last we've seen of Lori, he will see/hear her again and deal with it then or another time after that

6. Kevlar

Kevlar Member

He is seeing the Lori hallucination because tyrese and the gang are trying to come in to his group and the last time that he let outsiders have a chance ( the prisoners) some of his group died ie. Lori and he is worried that by letting in outsiders he is endangering his group even though he knows the right thing to do is help whoever he can. Rick isn't a murderer but he feels compelled to for the safety of his group because giving chances to strangers hasn't worked out in the past but he doesn't want to be a bad person and turn them away or simply kill them because he is not that, a bad person through all this Rick is still a kind hearted person who doesn't want to harm anyone he is just pushed in to it, and I'm sure the lack of sleep isn't helping the situation at all

7. mothra19

mothra19 Member

^yep. It looks at first like he's directing it AT the Lori-vision but looking back it seems like more of just a general statement. On top of the guilt of what happened to Lori and never resolving things with her, he is breaking under the pressure of everyone looking to HIM for answers. At this point he's got the Governor after him, Daryl is gone, Glenn is pissed at him, Tyrese and the gang want to join in, Lori is ghostin' up the place and everyone wants HIM to fix it all. He can't help anyone at this point, it feels to me like he's almost telling Tyrese and Sasha that they don't WANT to stick around, he can't help them, they're better off on their own. I just don't think he's feeling capable at all right now.

8. Dead man walking

I think we should just move on from the phone call and visions. Time to put it to bed.

9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

this is veri gud

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I dunno why, but I was anticipating Lori to show her face and it is all gory and zombified... haha.

11. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

Did Hershel knew, he was still hallucinating?