Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I couldn't stop laughing at the chick in shorts

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by Rickshair, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

The only thing I have to add here (Mostly because, WOAH, I am not touching this mess for all the cold in greenland.) Is that for all intents and purposes, Rosita is not dressed 'appropriately' for a Zombie apocalypse, but is dressed appropriately for her character. Is it totally impractical? 50/50. In a world where a walker can bite through denim, the only thing that matters is body armor; and that is impractical for long-term use. As for dressing provocatively? Um, yeah. As before I will put comic stuffs in spoilers just in case:

So for what it is worth, no one here is wrong for pointing out her distinctly skimpy adornments as either inadequate or functional. If some people get offended by the sexuality or attracted to it, costuming did their job right. If some people think she is woefully unprotected, they would be right about holding her own but they did not see the giant mustached redhead that killed walkers like Optimus Prime would waste toddlers except for the one where he accidentally jammed the tire iron through the side of the F&^%$#G TRUCK!! (Notice she stayed in the truck?) smiling like a boss. If some people think she is not very smart, well she is not she is vapid and shallow and materialistic; there is no positive here, I have just never seen her do anything to indicate a level of intelligence beyond that of Paris Hilton, Snookie, or Kim Kardashian.

Not that it matters, but for the record, she is also the only female from the comics that dresses like that so it is not a matter of being unrealistic, as much as being a unique individual. She is much more "Jersey Shore" than "G.I. Jane".

• Like Like x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

On jeans/shorts, while it wouldn't be nice to sweat like crazy (and dehydration and heat stroke are also very dangerous), these people are walking down country roads, then in the bushes, in the weeds, through the trees, etc. They don't always have clean water supplies or showers. They don't have a hospital around the corner.

One other thing they need to watch out for then is infection which can also kill or maim people, and while denim might not stop a walker bite, it will reduce the chance of you getting cuts and scrapes and things like that. Actually, they should probably all be carrying a pair of garden gloves (or other work gloves) as well to further protect them when they're ambling around the countryside.

I guess that's it then, I'd say if she wants to walk around camp in a bikini, fine. On the trail or out traveling/exploring? Wear sensible clothes and shoes.

3. Caryl

Caryl Member

I agree. I didn't like her in the Governor episodes but since the mid season premiere I've completely changed my mind. She's funny, spunky, and sarcastic and we need a character like that to spice up the dialogue.

4. Caryl

Caryl Member

I'm fine with sexy, skimpy clothes, so long as that's not all there is to a woman. In reality some people are more sexual than others. Totally cool with that. We just don't need to see yet another woman on TV where that is all she has going for her. I haven't read to the part where she appears in the comics but if her TV role is identical to her comic role, as it has been described by members of this forum, I won't be happy. Being sexy and sexual is fine. Objectifying and using a woman as nothing more than a pretty background for the men is not.

Last weeks episode went in that direction but I'll give the show a one episode pass. I just don't want to see it repeated with future episodes.

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Now this here is what you call solid logical advice! I'm with you 100%. My only real issue with this at all, is that if anyone has an issue with her, it should be directed at Mr. Kirkman as opposed to the writers, directors, actress ect... she seems totally faithful to her comic counterpar t and no matter what opinions people have Today, these issues have been around for years prior to the show. I'm just glad they are bothering to show the comic fans some love.

6. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

You will probably be unhappy with her then. She isn't sexualized by others, but by herself. She is as weak as Eugene beneath it all, and puts herself in that box. She wasn't put into the comic for t and a, or they would have used her for something more by now. Maybe her entire arc is to realize that her way of doing things is wrong, but with so little to go on, I just can't say.

So I'm not expecting much more than window dressing unless the writers decide to change her up. The truth for me is, if they have nothing special planned for her character, they can just feed her to a herd to escape. The word for today is "Relevance". She has little of that, but she keeps Abe from becoming a marauder. That's a plus!

7. thewalkingmummy

If she hangs around Abe for protection then why was she willing to leave him and go with Glenn when he started walking back the way they came?

8. Elvis_Mazur

Elvis_Mazur Member

I couldn't care about nitpicking back on the Mass Effect forum, and I still can't. It's totally believable that a girl like Rosita might decide to wear those clothes.

9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Maybe she saw Glen as a potential better candidate for protection? (Wow! I can't even believe that myself.) But she did see his loyalty to his wife. Willing to walk untold miles to look for someone that may very well be dead is the kind of thing that impresses chicks like that.

10. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

hahaha perhaps...I think she probably figured Abe would follow her anyways, his choices were stay with Eugene (mullet man) or go with hot pants Rosita...hmmm let's think what would he do there???

11. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Tough choice... Wait a minute!!! No it isn't. :p

12. CrossbowKatana

CrossbowKatana New Member

Not true we have seen lori's legs when she slept with Shane and same with Maggie. All clean shaven. Same with guys perfect scruff.

13. Chaos

Chaos Member

Michonne was going to get raped, sight unseen, Moreover, you claimed the danger, in general, would exist "if most of the women in the ZA were dressed like her". Now, suddenly, the claim has changed to "all women would be in danger" despite their whatever their attire was. Which supports to the point made but ignored in the response here... your gratuitous judgmental comment.

14. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

Whoa! You seem really angry....considering that you had to bold some of my own words against me! I don't know why you have chosen to jump on my back when there are multiple users here who have made the same referrals as I have. They have been judgmental and gratuitous as well, but you feel the need to single me out, all because of my comment about the way someone is dressed? I can make any kind of comments I want, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME.....You want a gratuitous judgmental comment?
    PISS OFF!

15. Chaos

Chaos Member

I'm sorry that you felt the need to lash out because your ego is too fragile to handle criticism as to the merits of your comments. It might make you a good character type to feature on the show.

16. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. TheWalkingHorn

but not really, I just thought it was cute :)

18. TheWalkingHorn

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I'm purple now?! [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] look at the purple and my growing green bar!

19. Chaos

Chaos Member

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...30095801E4C1F796E42908AA901&selectedIndex=102

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

well, aren't you just a sight for depraved eyeballs!! I do declare, I've never seen such a delightful shade of mauve!! And at the rate your bar is growing, it will soon be having races with lady bugs, and coming in a very close second!! ;)