Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I don't even care anymore... do you?

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by Poppy, May 23, 2016.

1. Poppy

Poppy Member

I'm glad that was the season finale. So terrible, that unless there is absolutely NOTHING that I am interested in at the time, I won't be watching it when it starts back up. Really... who cares?

At this point the only person I like is Strand. Ofelia is nice to look at, and hasn't really screwed up yet, but has not been a significant character, so I don't dislike her, but give the writers some time :rolleyes:

Daniel dead or not, who cares? Talking to the dead.. .going loony, burning walkers won't set his mind straight with his wife.

Chris was never likable, except when he was killing swimmers at the fence in "We all fall down". It looked like there was potential for him.

The other kid... "I walk among them" Whoa boy... get the F out a here. See ya!

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I watched the last 15 minutes of the show because I was waiting for Preacher to come on, and I have to say this show contained some of the worst, dead-eyed acting and the most boring story ever. It's the only time I've watched this show. Is it always like this?

What a terrible show...

3. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

It was the 'mid-season finale', but yeah second half will pick up at the end of August. I think people who genuinely don't care about this show know how to stay off forums let alone even watch it. It's not as great as the original TWD show and characters and plot lines are all over the place with this one, but I haven't completely turned my back yet. The cliffhanger are the characters being split apart and to find out the fate of Daniel. Ironically complainers usually care enough to start threads or make announcements that they will quit a show though.

4. Poppy

Poppy Member

Hi Dreet,
    I stand corrected, yes it was the "mid season finale", although it may have been the "Show finale" for me.

The way that the characters got split apart, was by choice! Not by dramatic impact, but by choice. IMO if you are such a low life to split off... good riddance.

I understand your comment about people who post just to say that they are gone/leaving. I've seen that before, and my feeling is usually... see ya! Here I am doing just that. :rolleyes: Sorry. But I don't personally know anyone who has been watching this show, that I can express my dissatisfaction to, who would even know what I was talking about. On another TWD forum, that I was active on, interest in this show is so low, that there is NO discussion of it, other than a weekly synopsis.

5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

You know honestly if you don't care about the show just go away and simply don't post about it. Us people who do like the show completely understand why some don't like it. That still doesn't mean though you guys need to fill up message boards with hate towards the show.

I realize message boards are in general an avenue to whine, gripe, and complain, but it definitely gets old after awhile. And don't come back with a silly 'oh they should make it better then.' You have already made up your mind that you don't like it so there is virtually nothing they can do now to make you like it. So again. Just go away.

6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

The writing is bad, the acting is most often pure crap (especially Maddison), and it's overall somewhat boring, but I'll be back in August. I'll be one of the few who will be able to fully enjoy the crossover when it finally happens.

That being said, have we seen the rise of the Whisperers just now? ;)

7. Poppy

Poppy Member

lastcat3,
    I don't HATE the show, I am disappointed. I am certainly not alone. It seems to me, that many, if not most, posters here, feel luke-warm about the show. Some have suggested a fresh start and total re-write. Certainly there have been many complaints about lack of character development.

I imagine that the writers and producers have people review forums like this, who, give feed-back to them, about what fans are saying. I can only hope that our comments will help to drive their writing styles.

Regarding going away, people will stop writing about this show in a day or two, and then we'll all be gone until after the summer.

8. lastcat3

Poppy the show is completely fine. It is a very well put together show and a great addition that gives us Walking Dead year round on television. Given the fact that this is a spinoff at the very least half of the TWD audience was bound to not like it simply because it wasn't TWD and didn't give them the same entertainment value that TWD does. AMC would have known this going in.

That said it is still doing extremely well for a cable program so it isn't going anywhere. So you might as well find something you like about it or stop watching.

#8 lastcat3, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  9. Marty

Marty New Member

Disappointed

Agreed. Don't know why you're getting that amount of hate. This is a FORUM. It's made for DISCUSSION. That's the idea. I do like the show though. Nevertheless, I do think it's becoming a little boring, and specially silly. I won't stop watching but I wish it was better. Yes, I get it's in the start of the apocalypse, but come on. Also, what's up with Travis telling Nick to say he didn't find them. So would Madison be okay with that? He should've said that they couldn't come back, otherwise Madison should go and look for them. The cliffhanger was stupid, I agree.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

The show didn't capture my very coveted and sought-after attention, but I am choosing to stay less vocal about it. My only complaint is that sometimes i see a thread pop up and i think it's about TWD spoilers, but it's really about FTWD so i am super let down. :p

12. lastcat3

The show doesn't necessarily give me the same feeling that TWD does either. I just like it for what it is though in that it is showing us what is going on elsewhere in the TWD universe. It is about as good as I hoped for but I didn't expect to be just as attached to these characters as I would be to Rick's group after six seasons of watching it.

I do think this season is turning out better than TWD season 2 did though.

13. RicksRightHand

I'll keep watching it because it's become a bit of a Sunday tradition with family after dinner but I'm under no illusion, it's a far inferior product in comparison to the main show.

I was worried about how well the show could retain my interest being set on a boat... ironically, my interest in the story took a dip as soon as they hit land in Mexico.

I don't know what it's going to take story-wise for me to really enjoy it again but I'll be tuning in when it comes back on again to see where things go.

14. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

this pretty much sums up my situation with the show as well... "blood in the streets" made me believe the show was going to turn around and get better, and then 'captive', 'sicut cervus', and 'shiva' completely let me down again...

I know I am only watching it now because of TWD withdrawals and that cliffhanger (which who knows maybe was a calculated move by the TWD crew/amc to get people watching FTWD)

I too will probably continue to watch it at least until this season ends....But I am hoping the second half of season 2 makes a huge turn around when they get the fan's feedback from all this

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Had a conversation today with co-worker, mentioned that Fear the Walking Dead MSF was last night. She asked me "do you love it?" (the series). My reply was simply "No, I do not love it. I love The Walking Dead and I like Fear the Walking Dead".

There are a greater number of shows lurking about the television universe that are far more deserving of the bad acting, bad writing, cookie cutter plots, predictable outcomes ridicule and branding (i.e. Greys Anatomy, Scandal, Empire, etc.)

It may not be the popular choice on this forum but I am going to stick with FTWD. I find it entertaining and I actually do care about some of the characters

16. RicksRightHand

For the most part I agree. I was kind of left scratching my head at a lot of the things that happened in the last episode there but it's entertaining enough for me to still tune in.

I don't care about it as much as I care for the main show, so I'm sort of happy to just turn my brain off a bit and just watch it if you get what I mean?

I started to care for Nick up until he went a bit Lizzie at the end there, but I'm not irate at what they're doing with his character.

edit: In case that Lizzie reference was lost on anyone...
    [​IMG]

#16 RicksRightHand, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  17. Al Davis is back

I am "meh" about it, but I will watch in hope that they turn it around. I don't care about the drug addict, his sister, Chris, Travis, or Madison. Strand turned stupid with the whole gay relationship and acting weak as he waves at the gate. Meh. I thought getting into Mexico was going to be rigorous and full of action. Meh. The Mexican compound storyline seemed rushed. Meh. The walkers seem distracted too.

I am still holding out for the hot stewardess to come floating on a raft into the show somehow.

18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

It's kind of like watching Voyager or Deep Space Nine after watching The Next Generation; you know there's potential there, but the chemistry just ain't the same.

19. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I'm not into the Sunday night thing anymore either, I've cut the cord and am now watching epis as they become available... Sometimes Monday, other times Tuesday, either way for $25 I already purchased both halves of season 2... I buy a season, I watch it, with no commercials 44 minutes and it's over. It would have to be a lot worse than this before I give that up.

This was the best episode yet, I'm hooked now. Sure it's not the raw guns blazing action I'm used to, I think FTWD is more melodramatic and I've started to like it's siesta-like evil because it just creeps up on you. It's not a bad show, just the feel is different.

I do find it strange how everyone's all separated, I'm guessing a core group is going to form but I did find it sad that apparently Nick's gone... And Daniel, well he was a way off for a long time, Chris and Travis gone another way, lots of dead...

It's going to be interesting to see how it all comes back together.

20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I too find it "meh". But I will continue to watch, but only because I am waiting for more episodes of the X-Files. LOL

TIDBIT: Timeline wise. Where they left off last night, Rick and company, just escaped from the CDC.