Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I don't even care anymore... do you?

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by Poppy, May 23, 2016.

1. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I still care about the story line, but I feel like I'd care less if this wasn't a spinoff of TWD. I'm not really being blown away by the acting talent, and I'm not really all that engaged with the series. I'm going to keep watching for now. I'm hoping things kind of level out and start improving.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They are still way before that. They escaped the CDC 65 days after the global outbreak. On FTWD they are still within about 3 weeks after it went global.

3. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

Love the x files .. the nostalgia alone made me watch season 10...

I thought it was awesome when Daryl found a carton of morley cigarettes (the same brand the smoking man from x files smokes)

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I was going by this

LOL. I forgot the link

http://undeadwalking.com/2015/08/06/the-walking-dead-a-timeline-of-events/2/

#24 Sharpie61, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

6. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Haha at this thread! I feel like the OP has given up along with most people, I'm so glad I don't waste my time on this show :)

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I thought they were further along, on FTWD. Oh well, I tried

8. Poppy

Poppy Member

13 episodes is about 10 hours of viewing time which equates to almost FIVE BLOCKBUSTER movies.
    I'd like to be a little more emotionally involved by now.

I liked when they FINALLY worked together as a team in "Captive" when they took back control of the ship from Reed, and Maddie impaled him.

But now that they chose to split up... makes me wonder... what are the writers thinking?

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I somehow engaged my TV's zoom feature and couldn't get out of it, so the first time I watched it someone would be visible on the left-hand side and Maddie would be off-screen, just hair visible on the right-hand side. I would be staring at leaves or a wall while the dialog went on. Finally I thought, Why am I trying to fix this? It's actually more endurable this way.

In addition to my zoom problem, I have the stupid new Comcast box that finally gives 1080 resolution--but keeps freezing and then displaying hallucinatory colors so I miss long passages of what's going on. None of the sudden gaps in continuity have bothered me very much, though. It was interesting to learn here that the poor man with the little boy gave Travis a pair of shoes. What a good guy. He has so little, Travis's son tries to kill his child, and he still gives away a pair of shoes. But my point is that the show makes the same amount of sense if I have seen what is happening or if I haven't seen it.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Wait, this is the season finale? Episode 7? Isn't there 16 episodes?

This is really the Season 2 Hershel farm on SPEED.

11. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Mid season finale. Will be back in August.

12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

The strange thing is that this episode, with all of its oddities,was so much better than all of the prior episodes which were really lame. The last one was better too. (Keep in mind, "better" is relative to things like "unwatchable".) It was really strange because three, four if you count Celia--people go berserk in a single episode-- Chris, Daniel, and Nick. The entire family gets split up. What Nick did was heart breaking for his mother -- as must be the loss of Travis. But Madison's face never shows emotion --is that acting or is that the character? So the story left me with these comments: (1) Nick: he wants to get away from all the killing, so he joins the hordes of infected whose only activity is killing anyone and anything left alive? What's he planning on eating? Strand's diagnosis of him seemed spot on. (2) Madison-- she did a terrific job tricking Celia, who apparently was eaten down to the last morsel, and --as a mass murderer happy to kill others while she stayed alive - certainly deserved it;(3) Chris's story -- not very credible, not well acted -- but good for Travis for electing to try to save his son and keep the others safe; (4) Daniel -- okay, he can go berserk now if he wants to but it seemed like an awfully sudden, extreme and contrived case of PTSD/guilt, but did he have to burn down the entire estate? (5) Good for Strand for standing up to Celia to bury Thomas Abigail and for rescuing Madison, Alecia and Ofelia when stuff hit the fan - even though he always acts like he's only out for Number One and (6) Abigail is likely still there because Nick made it back with Luis.

So, yeah-- the show has been mediocre at best and this episode made me wonder why they saved up all this berserk behavior (with only small hints of prior troubles and (2) to kill some important characters so that the show can prove that TWD isn't the only show that can kill characters. They were smart not to kill Strand. He's carrying the show.

13. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I have no problem with people complaining about the show, I do it myself sometimes, even though I still really enjoy this show as entertainment even if it's not on TWD level. However, discussion should offer points as to how they should or could have made it better, or points to where they hope they show heads to be fixed. If you are just complaining each week without offering any valuable discussion, well that's not the point of a discussion forum either. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism of the show.

There are things I point out that I dont like but I'll explain in some detail why and what they should have done. That makes for a better discussion than "Whoa this sux0rs plz die"

If Daniel's visions and being haunted of his past wasn't a good idea, where should they have taken his character? If he's just this cool guy who is always awesome and on top of things non stop, I personally think that would get old eventually.

14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Aw crap!

15. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It is pretty hard overall to not compare the 2 shows too.
    Sure I try to let this one stand on its own but we already know so much from the real thing that it makes it impossible to ignore what to me seems so obvious now even realizing how fresh this all is to the new group.

Also Rick and Shane were trained to Protect and Serve in their way and Maddy and Travis were trained to Protect and Serve in their way.

Those who can, Do and this who can not, Teach,as the saying goes!

I think this is a huge part of the difference in the 2 shows overall.

I sure would not want to be in Ca when this all goes down!

16. Poppy

Poppy Member

IMO if Daniel is to be a strong lead, and he has been, it's a bit early in the ZA for him to start falling apart. We're only a couple of weeks in. IDK how long it took Rick to start seeing Lori, but even that lasted too many episodes. At any rate.
    It could be cool for Daniel to stay on top of his game. He could be the one that we would all want to relate to and be hero's of a sort.

I liked Star Trek TOS much more than the Next Generation, although the STNG special effects were far superior, because Kirk was out there flying by the seat of his pants, and he came up with solutions to the episode's problem in ways that you or I could say... ah.. yes, I could have thought of that! Or YES!!! That's what I would have done! He confused computers, so that they determined that their programming required them to burn themselves out, or shut down. OR he dumped nuclear waste particles out into space to locate a cloaked ship.

That stuff never got old, because you were flying his ship with him, trying to solve the problem of the day.

OTHO Picard of the Enterprise in TNG had a Galaxy class ship that could take multiple hits, and then fire a single phaser volley and put out the opposing ship's weapons systems. Boring. OR... they'd run into an opposing force, and you and I would be sitting there thinking about what was at their disposal to trick or otherwise defeat this foe, and Geordi would say, Captain, we could use the new Hyper-Speed-bedazler that was just installed last week when we were in space dock. That wasn't as much fun as being able to figure out a solution yourself.

So... yeah, I would like to see Daniel come back with his faculties intact and help them cross impassable rivers with a herd chasing them. Maybe they are carrying supplies in five gallon buckets that can be used as flotation devices. Maybe greasy walker blood will make cloth somewhat air tight so that they can fashion a blanket into a flotation device.

He came up with putting a bag on Zombie Reed's head for the Travis exchange.

Stuff like that.

#36 Poppy, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

LOL

18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Who died and left you in charge of the forum? People are allowed to post what they want. Don't want any negativity? Then don't open a thread called "I don't even care anymore".

I was surprised by how bad the show was. I posted it in a thread that was about how bad the show was. Bedwetters came in a whined about people not liking the show.

19. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Ahh. So the people who get tired of others coming in and trashing the show on that shows own forum are called bedwetters???Gochya.

And a criticisms and complaints thread should be opened up for all the people who want to criticize the episode instead of everyone opening up their very own thread.

#39 lastcat3, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I hardly think 1 thread is "constantly coming in", or as you said in your last post "filling up the message boards".

You knew what it was when you opened it. If you want a place where only people who agree with you are allowed to post, then you should probably set up your won forum.

And yeah, bedwetters pretty much covers it. Man up. If you don't want to read anything negative, then don't open a thread which ADVERTISES it is negative in the title. And people can post what and where they want, be that in the criticisms thread or by making their own thread (or many threads, if that's what they want), and you get absolutely no say in it.