Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I don't even care anymore... do you?

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Shiva' started by Poppy, May 23, 2016.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

OK you think people deserve the right to post whatever they want. Well then I have the right to come in and tell the people who are constantly bashing the show after every single episode to stop watching if they dislike it so.

Let me give you some advice. Don't even start on the name calling.

So carry on with your bashing and I will just continue to tell you to just stop watching. And there is nothing you can do about it.

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Exactly what I would expect from a bedwetter. Poor little thing.

3. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Well you know what they say. People that call others names on the internet usually get called names a lot in real life.

I'm sorry people pick on you so though.

4. Poppy

Poppy Member

tink,
    Thanks for stepping in and defending my right to express my growing lack of interest in the show, in response to lastcat3's remarks, some of which I copied below.

I agree, that I think that lastcat3 was a bit out of line, but I chose not to respond, and then the following comments were pretty much... meh, I'm still kinda enjoying it, but NOT with the enthusiasm I did TWD. So I felt vindicated. in fact lastcat3 admitted that he is OK with the show, in part because he had lower expectations.

lastcat3,
    I'd like to suggest that if you two want to continue this discussion, what has turned into a pissing match, that you take it to PMs.

Thanks.
    Poppy

5. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Considering how much I hated the first season, this season is way better by comparison. There are still problems though. Lots of problems. My purpose of this post is not meant as 'I hate this show'; rather it is offered as constructive criticism as where I personally find the failings.

Perhaps my biggest annoyance with FTWD is that these are the worst group of people at communicating with each other I have ever seen. Yeah I know they are playing on the whole dysfunctional family motif; they just take it beyond believability. The show has an annoying habit of a character asking an important question of another character, and instead of an answer there is just a look and dead silence. This happens multiple times an episode to the point I want someone to shake the piss out of the other person and scream "Answer Me!" lol.

Nobody is paying attention to what anyone else is doing. Seriously everyone is a lose cannon on this show. To name but one example. Alicia is talking to a unknown person on the radio, innocently giving away information that threatens the whole boat. And people know she is chatting with somebody. Does anyone read her the riot act? Does anyone point out that she may be giving information to a potential enemy? Nope. There are a hundred other examples of characters going off on their own agendas and not telling anyone what they are doing. I'm sure you can figure them out without my going on and on.

Where is Michelle Ang? It was so exciting to see she was joining this show. But is she? She seems more a special guest star that pops up from time to time rather than becoming a series regular. Huge disappointment for me.

Really original storylines. Yah I'm being sarcastic. Like the last few episodes. No one else feels like this is Herschel's Farm West?

What is the basis for the character's motivations?
    What is the purpose of Alicia's and Ofelia's presence on the show. They have contributed practically nothing (except for Alicia's huge screwup) to the point they are almost irrelevant.

What the frack is wrong with Chris? Is the kid going psycho? He claims he isn't doing what he is doing. Is he unaware of what he is doing? Is he perfectly aware and lying about it? He has been nothing but a basket case ever since his mother died. Which is understandable up to a point. But Chris went from a brooding brat (the understandable part) to an apparent genuine threat to Madie for sure, and Alicia possibly. Why? We are given not even a hint of an answer.

Speaking of batshit crazy, what happened to Daniel. He went from being the most grounded, sensible, knowledgeable about what is really going on of the group to a loony tune psychotic breakdown. Why? Why? Why? This mental collapse simply has no explanation offered. There was no build up where we saw him sinking. He just went in the span of a few hours (time on the show) from the most competent person on the show to insane.

To be fair there are a few characters whose actions I understand. Strand for all his hiding his motivations has obviously always had sensible reasons or his motivations, even if we didn't know what they were.

Even Daniel's weird 'I'm more comfortable being with the dead' bizarre as it is, is in character for his personality type and a guy with his afflictions. Maybe others think I'm way off the mark here, but Daniel makes complete sense to me. He doesn't know how to function with regular people. He doesn't know how to speak to them in a way that makes communication possible. He said as much to Maddie when he commented about his inability to be able to talk to her.

With the dead, he has no critics. He has no one harassing him, constantly demanding of him, trying to force their choices on him. He is at peace being left alone.

I could go one. But I think I have made my points to a sufficient degree. Do others see these comments as flaws of the show? Speaketh and be heard!

6. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

YES.

I don't mind if someone really likes a show and has some complaints, that's fair. Or if someone has been watching a show but just quits on it and posts 1 post to complain and then are gone. The people I don't understand are the ones who post over and over about how much they HATE a show.

7. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

I guess this should be your last post on FTWD then.

Goodbye.

#47 Guitarman23, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  8. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Actually, Frederick Von Walkenhiemer, the original owner of the forum, passed Ad Astra on 4-20-2016 (R.I.P Fred). Surprisingly enough, when his Last Will and Testament was read, he actually DID leave lastcat3 in charge of this forum.

Believe It.......Or Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Poppy

Poppy Member

Guitarman23,
    Why did you purposefully misquote me?

You purposefully left out the qualifying clause "unless there is absolutely NOTHING that I am interested in at the time, "

10. Sinsaint

Sinsaint New Member

I don't know that Daniel having visions and being haunted is the issue that people are having. It's the inexplicable rapid decline in his mental state that seems to be the issue... At least for me anyway. It took three episodes for him to go from mentally balanced to bat sh!t crazy and two of those episodes he only had minor delusions that he seemed to snap out of easily enough. Then in the third episode he's suddenly having nightmares, completely delusional and suicidal?

In TWD we witnessed Shane go through a somewhat similar mental breakdown of sorts. He started out as a decent enough guy I suppose. He was dealing with thinking he left Rick behind to die, murdering Otis and being toyed with by Lori. We watched his decline from normalcy to crazy @sshole occur over a period of roughly 16 episodes. Then there was Lizzy. Granted, she was already naming the walkers when we first met her she went from naming them, feeding them, killing small animals, thinking they wanted to play with her and then ultimately killing Mika and planning to kill Judith. We watched this decline in mental stability occur over 14 episodes. In both instances it felt like a natural progression.

In Daniel's case his descent into madness felt rushed and unnatural. Mind you, given his tortured/torturing past, I could easily believe he would be susceptible to mental decline. That said, he was a man who kept his demons in check for decades. The character that was presented to us in season one wasn't that of a man who would spiral so out of control over the span of a few days. The only explanation for Daniel's suicide is either the writers completely forgot who Daniel was or Celia was slipping him drugs.

11. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

If I may offer an alternate theory.... I'm not so sure that Daniel Salazar has descended into madness. He is an observant Catholic Hispanic, in what is essentially a Santa Muerte temple. A place of great evil, where the dead are being channeled regularly by witchcraft, ritual, sacrifice etc. This goes a little bit beyond "Celia is nutty as a pecan pie". Clearly this is systemic. The owls are carved in the trees, there is an altar, there are a large population of devotees / followers. For all we know he actually IS seeing spirits of the dead. He certainly seemed pretty adamant about it being a place of intense evil. Maybe he's not "losing it" Maybe he is having visions - rather than hallucinations, and is the only one with the actual clarity of mind to see that place for what it is, and to do what needs to be done. Maybe this is his chance to atone for some of his past sins....

#51 Zombiekaaner, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
  12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree with everything you said about Daniel. At first, I hated him for torturing the soldier and releasing 2000 walkers (oops-infecteds) on innocent people at the quarantine center. But Daniel's practicality grew on me. I was shocked and disappointed at the decision to make him go ape-%%ihit all of a sudden. I understand the storyline but I think its a major loss to the show -- which was limping along at any rate.

But: How stupid and crazy was Daniel's behavior? The whole joint was evil in his mind, so he was willing to unnecessarily die with it and kill whoever fell with it, including his daughter. Tragic.

Bad things that he might have done in his past-- Daniel (until all-of-a-sudden-he-went-nuts) provided survival value to the group. NOW- post Daniel going berserk with ghosts and owls, evil ground: RIP, Daniel: Daniel needs some peace after his difficult life and choices (including a wife who was apparently less than loving). The rest of them, daughter included, are on their own now.

13. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

It was the mid-season finale. I believe the show returns in August.

14. Poppy

Poppy Member

I don't think Daniel died in a blaze of fire.

15. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

And neither did Celia for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Poppy

Poppy Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Celia survived, but as someone else mentioned, I think that when Daniel saw his wife coming to him at the head of the pack of walkers, it may well have been Celia. Dead or alive, I don't know.

17. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

To be fair, if Rick lost Lori during Season 1 don't you think he'd lose it to? I think he was more 'immune" to death by the time Season 3 hit, so by then characters can stomach deaths a bit easier. In the beginning it would be brutal to lose anyone. Also Rick didn't have a haunted past where he killed a bunch of people, so I'm not sure I agree with the analogy fully. But I do see your point that they should have let him stay in control a little while longer. Especially not a good time to make him go nuts at the exact time other people are going nuts, that definitely kind of ruins it when everyone is just doing bat shit insane at the same time. One at a time would flesh each one out better.

18. Poppy

Poppy Member

Nah... I don't think that Rick would have seen visions of Lori, to the point that he walked outside the compound looking for her, like he did, if it happened in season one. He would think of her, absolutely, maybe imagine her here or there, but not to the point that he would lose focus of what he was doing at the time.

19. Poppy

Poppy Member

Oh, and additionally, Rick, with the loss of Lori, now had a new born infant to care for.
    Daniel didn't have that as an extra stressor, so that further makes may argument that the writers jumped the gun in making him loony.

20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

This is how I feel too. I criticize the crap out of this show but I'm not going to stop watching it. lol

It's good filler for TWD withdrawals.

If anything I'll keep watching to see what happens with Nick and with Madison. Nick because he intrigues me to no end, and I am interested to see where his solo journey might go. And Madison because she's slowly turning around and not annoying me as of the mid season finale. Well she's still annoying me but not as much. :p