Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I don't get why Maggie cut her hair...

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by ZombieAndTeal, Mar 29, 2016.

1. ZombieAndTeal

ZombieAndTeal Member

She told Enid it was because she didn't want 'anything to get in her way' or something. Huh? Why not just tie it up with a scrunchie? Or was it symbolic of shedding the past or something?? It's lost on me anyway.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I immediately thought it was symbolic of Glenn's possible upcoming death by Negan's hands.

During the French Revolution, prisoners scheduled for execution by the guillotine were given close cropped haircuts.

3. ZombieAndTeal

ZombieAndTeal Member

I guess it could be - I thought the heavy symbolism with that though came from the shower scene when she was washing his hair rather vigorously, like it was the last time she'll touch it intact (unbeknown to her!). I know she gets it cut short in the comics but having not read them I'm not sure what the reason was there either.

4. Ron Lambert

Ron Lambert Member

It looks better, is cooler, easier to clean, tactically superior and sexy as hell.
    Much better than the daughter of Sasquatch look.

5. Mel77

Mel77 New Member

[​IMG]
    Isn't because of this ?

6. ZombieAndTeal

ZombieAndTeal Member

Because that guy grabbed her by the hair? I don't know - she still has enough left on her new cropped doo for someone to grab if they really wanted. I wonder if it's more like she's embracing another 'stage' as Eugene would put it - shorter means more practical and grown up, leaderly almost. Or maybe she's just always looooved carols look and has finally got the balls to copy it!

7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Long hair is a pain in the ass...and her hair is short in the comics ;) *cue comics complainers*

8. Ricktatorship80

She got tired of me wrapping it around my hand.

9. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

/thread.

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

...in the comic.

11. Gustavo LaPizza

maybe she's just getting ready at the idea she's becoming a mother and went for a more mature haircut. girls usually change their hairs to underline special moments in their lives.

#11 Gustavo LaPizza, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  12. BAM

BAM New Member

I think she's getting ready for battle

13. StrikeOne

StrikeOne New Member

Maybe Lauren had to cut it for the movie she was filming at the time so they had to work it in..
    :Grin:

14. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

1.Comics
    2. Her bs about pushing forward and not letting anything stand in her way blaaaa

15. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I love Glenn's great head of hair, and never fail to point it out. During the show scene my husband said that what was happening (Maggie washing Glenn's hair) is my wildest dream, haha.

I think it's just because
    a.comics
    b. Baby
    c. Battle
    d. Symbolism? Foreshadowing? Who knows. It was looking pretry greasy and lank the last couple episodes though

16. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Forget about bad people and walkers grabbing at long hair, she has a kid on the way, and those little buggers get a handful of hair and pull like the dickens. And you can't stab them to make them let go, you just have to surrender a clump of hair.

17. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Because long hair can be a bitch to maintain? I keep mine short too. TBH the short hair looks cute on her, I like it.

18. Jay Bonansinga

I don't get it either. It looks like ****ing shit and I hate it! Every time I see her I can barely look Lauren in the eye now. I now understand why they added the Tobin scene right after Enid cut it!

Thank You~Jay

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Because it's no longer 1989.

20. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I was expecting it to be post Glenn's death and sorta Britney Spears '07 meltdown inspired - but no.
    I suppose high end shampoo would be in short supply, and I'd rather have no hair than limp, dry ends.
    My hair is down to my butt and I honestly would not want to cut it. Zombies or not - but I imagine pigtails that are over two feet long make for easy grabbing - though this logic is a bit redundant in the show as she has had long hair for a while and Rosita wears huge ass hoop earrings, which any woman who has been in a bar fight knows is wildly impractical and not even in fashion anymore.