Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I don't understand Maggie

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by AtlantaOverrun, Feb 26, 2014.

1. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

What we almost forgot is the fact that Beth and Maggie are sisters... Maggie is only searching for Glenn, and never mentioned Beth. Did I miss something? Did they tell her Beth died? Otherwise I don't understand why she's only searching for Glen. Beth is her only family left, now Hershel died.

2. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

On a similar note, Tara only saw Lilly on the battlefield, she doesn't know what happened to Meghan, why didn't she wish to pursue an answer to that?

3. Porfivor Nixon

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Although he's been sick, Glenn is still pretty good at taking care of himself- Beth isn't, so you would definitely think she would at least have her in mind somewhat.

That's a great signature gif of Beth- she really is a pretty girl. She looks like she has been working on herself, she's gotten better looking over the years- she's smart, she knows you can be offed at any time on this show so she is making the most out of it while she can.

#3 Porfivor Nixon, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  4. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

Good question...idk why she never mentioned Beth...she probably thinks they might be together maybe....idk..that's a good question

She knows Meghan is dead..she knows Lilly wouldn't leave Meghan at the camp by herself..she would have no reason to come to the prison if Meghan was alive. She also wouldn't let herself be eaten by walkers if she was still alive. So I think Tara figured it out immediately

5. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

That's even worse in my opinion because she had no reaction or contemplation to Meghan then.

6. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

This is something that I had mentioned. It's not plausible that Maggie would only be petrified and anxious to find Glen. She has a sister that is not very good at surviving. I would think that her first thought would be about Beth since Hershel is dead. Even if she wasn't sure Beth was alive, to not even make an attempt to find her dead or alive is bad on the writers part. I thought the whole dialogue in the scene where Maggie pursues the bus was cold like she was more concerned for Glen's well being than Beth's.

7. Sadie Dixon

That's true...she didn't seem to worked up over Lilly either though..she seemed to accept it rather quickly...strange :zombies_lol:

8. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

I know right. Plus her lover was also shot in that battle. Maybe she's in shock. I just find her reaction very strange.

9. Sadie Dixon

Agreed, I like her character though..as weird as she is lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

Well, It should be interesting to see how they explore her character moving forward... she has literally lost everything, what kind of effect does that have on a person?

11. Sadie Dixon

I agree :) I'm looking forward for her character to be developed more

12. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

She is now with strangers... She lost her entire group, her lover, her sister, her family all in the same day. Then she found out that everything they were fighting for was... villainous and evil. I don't think any character has had to endure that yet in this show. Its really new territory i think

#12 Scalemail Ted, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  13. Sadie Dixon

Wow I never realized how much she lost in one day until you said it...although the governor lost penny, his eye and half of his towns people in less then 2 hours so that's pretty bad too

14. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

Its ironic, because that loss led him to Tara who now suffers a similar loss. Only she wasn't evil, so its even more tragic. So now after discussing it so much, I think she is in shock.

15. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

I agree

16. Sadie Dixon

You're right. I wonder what she'll do when she finally comes back to reality

• Like Like x 1
  17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Some great insight in this thread, loving it.

I think Maggie is just completely broken and isn't sure what to do or how to cope. Her instinct is to follow the bus, because she knows what direction it went in. She could go after Beth -- but where would she start? Now that they've found the bus, though, what will she do from there?

Something that I think is also being looked is that Maggie isn't the only one in her group missing a family member. Sasha's got no idea if Tyreese is alive, either. Tyreese is with Carol, taking the children the safety, but with both Maggie and Sasha missing a sibling… maybe they'll start searching in their next appearance. Maybe they'll find the signs leading to Sanctuary and go there in the hopes that the other survivors might be heading there too.

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that Maggie left Glenn to find Beth before they even left the prison, which is the reason Maggie and Glenn were seperated at all. Also, Maggie does mention Beth to Sasha and Bob...she says something like "I couldn't find Beth, I need to find Glenn". I highly doubt she forgot about Beth lol. Besides Glenn is family too now, he's not "just" her husband.

19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I rewatched episode and she does say she could not find Beth