Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I Gotta Say, I'm Loving Daryl in Season 9.

Discussion in 'Episode 903 - Warning Signs' started by Weallgotit, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Daryl had the best line in all of S9 episode 3. "Why do they get this future? And Glenn don't? Or Abraham or Sasha?" Not only has Daryl had a lot more dialogue so far this season but he has had some pretty significant dialogue. During the last 2 seasons at times, he had the personality of a bag of hammers. And he was constantly making dumb decisions and messing things up. But this season I find myself actually agreeing with him on some things. He's hopeful for the future too but he doesn't want to have to share that next to the Saviors. I think it's going to be very interesting to watch how he handles the Negan issue with Maggie when that comes to a head. One thing I have always liked about Daryl is his deep loyalty. Overall I just think it's good for the character going forward. Especially since he may have to be the main leader and star of the show after Rick departs. Ugh. Anyway, what are your thoughts on Daryl so far this season?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

He hasn't grunted once! This is the old Daryl we all loved!! I forgot he actually had smarts and insight since they basically made him a caveman these last few seasons.

I just wish he'd quit chewing the inside of his mouth. Lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I have loved Daryl in every episode of every season. I never thought he was reduced to a caveman. Just strong and silent and taking it all in.

I'm looking forward to his bigger role. It tempers the misery of losing Rick.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I was being a bit harsh on his personality. After all he has been through pure hell too. But we definitely agree about him having a bigger role moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Eh. It's good that he's at least getting more dialogue and not just grunting, but I think I just don't like Reedus or his acting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Paging @Dnae, paging Dr. Dnae. Your participation is required. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

LOL, I totally forgot to comment.

Yea, I too am absolutely stoked to have Daryl back. It helps justify my belief that his season post Beth death character was all part of his overall arc. That his dealing with death and loss was something he had a hard time with. Once he snapped out of it after Carl died, he started becoming the character everybody loved in the first place.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I like a more talkative Daryl. Not too, too much, though, as he's our "man of action", so to speak.

But, yeah, let the man speak his mind more so we have more insight as to what's going on in his head. This can only be a good thing.

Off-topic, but sorta related: Damn it, Rick; you're listening to him, but you're not HEARING him...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

have you been channeling me???? LMAO

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I'm here.....I'm here......what have I missed?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Remember in grade school when kids would insult the kid they actually had a crush on? I think that's what's going on here. Deep down you love Daryl.....but you hate that you love him.

I have the same problem with Neapolitan ice cream. It's the strawberry that gets me every time, sure I can eat around it, but since I eat it directly from the container, I would have this strange strawberry chunk in the middle of the box that would eventually just get freezer burn. So I suffer through the strawberry so I can enjoy the vanilla and chocolate. Often I will just go with a nice coffee ice cream and avoid the whole hassle. Sometimes I will splurge on mint chocolate chip, not often, but sometimes. In the end, I always go back to the Neapolitan because the two good parts are worth dealing with the one bad part.

I forget what I was saying. Oh yea, Daryl is like Neapolitan ice cream. You take the good with the bad, because the good is so worth it.

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

*sigh*

*sigh yet again*

@Sebrebc remember a few weeks ago when I declared a quasi Daryl bashing truce?????

I have been so good these past three weeks. Keeping an open mind. Even giving him a wee bit of "good boy" pat on the head kind of praise, but not really praise, more like "well I guess it is not as bad as past seasons so far"

and then you taunt me with "paging" me to this thread :p

Is this a test?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

A test? No, more like a "Come on.....you know you wanna" sort of thing.

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. OutrunsMyFriends

OutrunsMyFriends New Member

Add to that, his confinement with Negan broke him, he's in recovery from that too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Daryl is such a good man, even after all he had been though, he sent Dwight off to find his happiness. But I really think with Negan, the only believable response is killing him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Nope, we're just soul sisters forever on the same wavelength lol

• Funny Funny x 1