Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I knew Negan wanted Daryl

Discussion in 'Episode 703 - The Cell' started by Weallgotit, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

When Negan told Dwight he couldn't kill Daryl and then had Daryl thrown in the truck, they were not just keeping him for leverage. I knew Negan wanted to break Daryl to make him join his Saviors. Will he?

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

[MENTION=104111]Weallgotit[/MENTION],

I'm with you on Negan seeing the potential of Daryl being a Savior. I was afraid that Daryl was going to break, but he's staying strong. I think Negan will run out of patience and throw Daryl out into the rain, and that's how he escapes.

I did like the comparison of Dwight trying to break Daryl, but he and his wife Sherry were the ones breaking instead.

3. Weallgotit

Well we'll have to wait and see if he holds out. I don't see Negan just dispatching him. I think he would kill Daryl in the ASZ first. I kind of wonder if Daryl should just say he'll join just to get in. Then bolt when he gets the chance. Or find a way to help Rick's group.

4. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Daryl isn't going to break and he'll continue to endure whatever torture they throw at him to prove this.

5. Rapscallion

We all know Daryl grew up with this type of abuse. He's not going to break.

#5 Rapscallion, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  6. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Daryl can take physical pain. He wont break, he has people to go back to. He will be strong.

7. LadyGrimes

Do you think Carol is on his mind right now?

8. Rapscallion

Yes. I think if Carol hadn't "kept an eye" on Daryl since there time on Hershel's farm, he would've broken.

9. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

i think they all are. His family.

10. Weallgotit

Na, I think he is beating himself up over Glenn and what the group is dealing with. Maybe he is sick of Carol running away like I am.

11. LadyGrimes

True but he also doesn't know that Carol ran away.

12. Rapscallion

I'm sick of Daryl's EMO phase. I'll bet most of his fans are too.

13. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

This is painful. Daryl's defiance makes me proud and scares the hell out me at the same time. Looks like he's Negan's new project. I really hope Daryl hangs tough.

14. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I don't think Daryl will break. He endured a lot before the walkers so I think he knows how to stay strong.

15. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I think he will break or appear to break so writers can have eventual redemption arc where he proves he was good all along.

16. Znuts

Znuts Member

I don't see why Daryl doesn't convince Negan that he broke and work for Negan until he is allowed to leave the Sanctuary and then bolt for ASZ the first chance he gets. Daryl has invaluable insight into how the Sanctuary is set up and where everything is at this point, so he'd have great insight and be able to help plan the battle against the Saviors. The writers can do everything they can think of to try and convince me to root for Dwight, but Dwight still has to go.

17. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think that part of Negan's interest in Daryl ( other than leverage with Rick) is just to further torment Dwight? Dwight is weak, he knows it, and resents Daryl for being the man he can't. I don't think Daryl would have been that important to Negan as collateral or whatever, if he had been unaware of Dwight's encounters and ensuing obsession of him. It's kinda a two-fer for Negan.

On a sidenote, loved the nod to Eugene while Negan taunted Dwight about having any man hood left after offering him his own wife back, lol.

18. Weallgotit

Thats what I think they will do. Daryl will join them to get in and stop the torture. He can earn Negan's trust but his allegiance will be with Rick and the group.

19. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Hear, hear. The producers said that Carl would not get his full storyline at the Sanctuary. I would've preferred it if he had. With the addition of Daryl's character on the show he steal comic plots from folks.

20. Rapscallion

Daryl has been great for the show, plus Norman is a great spokesman for it. I'm just sick of the EMO shit Gimple has been pulling since he became showrunner.

#20 Rapscallion, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016