Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I know we still need to wait one more week

Discussion in 'Volume 17: Something To Fear' started by marsyao, Jun 13, 2012.

1. marsyao

marsyao Member

I know we still need to wait one more week for issue 99, but according to "The walking dead news" :
    "Issue #99 of The Walking Dead is out in a week (June 20) but reviewers how have read it (me included) really like it! It’s setting the tone for issue #100 brilliantly!"
    http://twdnews.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/issue-99/

2. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

How do you get that job?

3. marsyao

marsyao Member

#3 marsyao, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  4. Maca254

Maca254 Member

Welp, Sophia's a goner.

Seriously, Glenn and Maggie have done an awful job raising her. They coddle her too much. There's no room for coddling in the ZA.

5. Negan

Negan Active Member

Glenn got his Asian on in that preview.
    His eyes.

I can't believe one of my favorite characters is gonna die soon. R.I.P Glenn, or, soon to be R.I.P

#5 Negan, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  6. marsyao

marsyao Member

It will make sense if the entire group abandon the Alexandria safe zone and move to hilltop, it would be more easy to defense the hilltop, otherwise they would be cut into two parts which can not help each other, the question is whether hilltop would agree to take such large group in, that is not the deal they agree upon.

7. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

If Im Hilltop, theres no way Im letting Alexandria in. I wouldnt want to be part of the war Rick started.

Theres still another community out there. Jesus said theres at least two others...

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

The questions is that whether Rick would give then the option to not letting them in. If I was Rick, I will bring the whole population of the Alexandria to hilltop, and tell them "I bring you great news, I already did my parts of the deal, I declared war to the Saviors and defeated them twice, killed at least 10 of them, but I worry about you, my friends, the saviors would be sure take their revenge to you, since you do not have weapon, how could you resist them? I think it would be better merging our two groups together, and since your place is more defensible, so open your gate and let us in,from now on,you would be safe, we would protect you!", this is the nice way, if those hilltop people are smart, they would say yes, otherwise there would be hard way.

#8 marsyao, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  9. marsyao

marsyao Member

The is something new from the bleedingcoll:
    "This article contains minor spoilers, but nothing that I believe spoils the comic book reading experience.

The Walking Dead is about to become the most popular monthly comic in the comics industry, even if it is just for one issue. But that is issue one hundred. I’ve just read issue 99.

No spoilers here. Not, at least, for those who have read issue 98. If you’ve only seen the TV show, then even the covers of issue 100 will be spoilery.

We start with the situation that Walking Dead #98 left us in. Their encampment recently under seige by zombies and gangsters alike. Having lost a number of their team. A sortie against the invaders failed. And stuck wondering what will happen next.

And so, as always with Rick, a plan is hatched. Resources are pooled, people are talked round, risks are taken and in between the cracks, life happens. We are given insight into their intimate decision making process, and their personal lives too, as a plan is knocked into shape. It is justified, it is well though out and it is necessary.

It is, of course, one hundred percent wrong."
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/18/walking-dead-99-the-bleeding-cool-review/

And I also found something about the later issues:
    Issue 101's description:
    "In the aftermath of the events of the monumental 100th issue... things are not going well."

Issue 102's description:
    "The survivors attempt to pick up the pieces after what they've just lived through."

10. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Thatd be very clever. But I dont think Rick or anyone elses is getting in there the hard way. Unless they burn the place down.

#10 Scarry Larry, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  11. Negan

Negan Active Member

Goodbye, Alexandria.

12. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

Yup, they are finished - anyone and everyone there - Andrea may escape (similar to how she was alone, on the run at the end of Season two on AMC)...question though, do you think Rick saw those guys on the building top?

13. MitchRapp

MitchRapp Member

Well, shit.
    Alexandria is indeed about to get savagely beaten. Without Rick, Glenn, Maggie etc..... ya ok there.
    I really hope Andrea escapes, but seeing as how she's getting close to Rick (and moving in?), I don't think Rick is allowed to have something to smile about. She's dead.
    So sad too... she's one of, what, 4 remaining originals? (Rick Carl Andrea Glenn - maybe Maggie since she was there early)

So so sad...!

14. marsyao

marsyao Member

What the hell is Rick thinking? How could he split his force at this moment? It must be the latest bad decisions he made recently. Well the way Rick and Andrea looking each other at the end of the issue makes me recall Hershal looking Maggie and Glenn leaving the prison, it is exactly the same look, oh my Andrea.

15. marsyao

marsyao Member

No, he was looking to Andrea.

16. marsyao

marsyao Member

Rick's options should be either moving entire Alexandria group to hilltop, or shutting the area up and fighting the decisive battle with Saviors since they have enough food for entire winter and enough ammunition for one battle, the choice he made is the worst that could be.

17. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Thatd be f'd up if he did. But I wouldnt doubt it. In fact, his decision to leave seems entirely like one made to save his ass.

18. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Agreed. Stay there until the food runs out. No harm in waiting to see what happens. Dont see how running to Hilltop is gonna help them in any way. Unless theyre trying to relocate there.

19. badass316

badass316 New Member

I'd just like to say that Rick is a moron and a terrible leader.

Why would you take that many people (most of which are capable fighters) out and about at your most desperate time? If he wants to tell the Hilltop something, send a damn runner (ie. Glenn). He's been there before, they would recognize him, and Jesus would most likely trust him. To leave Andrea behind, his best asset in terms of firepower, pretty much by herself is also retarded. At the very least he should have left Michonne and Heath with her.

The "unthinkable" is going to be him finding his group massacred because his inept leadership ability.

20. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Pretty much. I remember thinking the same thing during the prison arc. He usually makes the right decision when he has even a little time to think about it. But when shit hits the fan he panics. Or hes good at making decisions, but doesnt necessarily make the right one all the time. No one does. But look at the cover of 100. Pretty sure the statement there is these are all people that died b/c of Rick.