Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"I Left Him"

Discussion in 'Episode 213 - Date of Death' started by PepperAnn, Sep 30, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Rewatching the episode now. And when Travis is on the bed with Madison, just coming out of telling her the whole story... he says he wonders if they really got lucky in finding each other again because if they hadn't he might not have ever had to tell the story of how "he left Chris."

He goes into this whole screwy thought process about how he feels guilty about "leaving" Chris.

CHRIS LEFT HIM!!! He did everything he could do to keep it from happening, but he didn't LEAVE Chris. CHRIS LEFT HIM!!!

Ugh I feel really bad for Travis but that totally sounded like an Oh Woe Is Me I Am Such A Bad Person moment and he didn't do anything wrong!!!!! All it did was make me roll my eyes HARD.

It would have made sense to say "I failed him" or "I couldn't get through to him" but "I LEFT HIM"????

:zombies_rolleyes::zombies_rolleyes::zombies_rolleyes::zombies_rolleyes::zombies_rolleyes:

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I agree, I found it super annoying that Travis kept saying HE left Chris, when Chris obviously left him, as in drove away in a truck while Travis stood and watched helplessly.

3. PepperAnn

Ugh. If they don't kill Travis soon I'm gonna do it myself. ....some...how.... lol

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Hahaha I think him, Chris and Maddy all need to go, and soon! Maddy turning that sign on.... Her and strand getting shitfaced, they are all so stupid except Alicia IMO. I also like Nick because he's different and interesting.

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Alicia and Nick are the only 2 who know how to adapt. Even Strand is getting annoying. Crying when he had to kill the bride. Reminded me of Tyreese, all over again.

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Yes! I agree! They are the only 2 showing any signs of adapting, and the only ones making good decisions. I don't think anyone else should realistically even be alive at this point.

7. PepperAnn

Sad that the two teenagers are the people most capable.

Actually I don't even see them as teenagers. I know Alicia is because wasn't she in high school during season 1? But Nick.....early twenties?

Hmmmm, I wonder if wikia says...

8. Poppy

Poppy Member

Looks like I disagree with a lot of the recent comments.

I agree that Travis is a bit pathetic, but while technically Chris drove off, and left Travis, Travis did have the option to stay with his son. Instead, he forced his hand to make a decision, and the kid chose the bros. At that point, Travis could have stayed with Chris, but he chose to leave Chris to his own destruction. At least that is how I interpret that scene.

Regarding getting shitfaced!? After all they have been through, I'm not surprised at all, except for the stupid breaking glasses against the wall, and making all that noise with the piano. They weren't falling down drunk, they were able to fight off a bunch of walkers.

Regarding Strand crying when he had to kill the bride. No... you absolutely missed the point. He was crying, regurgitating his emotions from when he had to kill Thomas Abigail.

IMO, Strand is the best actor of the lot.

9. Poppy

Poppy Member

In real life, she is 23, and Nick is 25.
    That's about what I see them as.

I guess I wasn't paying attention to that kind of detail at the beginning of the show.

10. PepperAnn

That's how I see them. Early twenties.

And yeah, I am usually completely detail blind.....but I remember the scene with her boyfriend before the outbreak being on a high school sports bleacher?

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think they were seniors, because weren't they (Alicia and the boyfriend ) talking college at one point?

12. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Travis is just incredibly guilty he wasn't able to take care of his son in his eye, esp after promising Liza he would. It's not his fault Chris is an asshole lol. I have a feeling one of them will die in the season finale and my money is on Chris. It's exactly what Travis needs to transform him into a hardened survivor. He is mostly the same person as he was in Season 1. Once Chris dies, we can see a change in Travis and he will be tougher and hopefully smarter. Because right now, Travis can go lol.

13. PepperAnn

Actually the bolded part is another thing that drives home why what he said was so ridiculous. He didn't even have the option to STAY with Chris. The "bros" had already adamantly said Travis will not be going with them.

Totally agree with you on Strand.

14. PepperAnn

Yup, you're right. I totally forgot about that discussion. So I am assuming Nick is like college age...

15. Poppy

Poppy Member

Yeah, but as he was confessing to Madison, he said that he could have gone along with them and not objected so strongly, made believe that he approved of their behavior, and then stayed with his son.

LOL... I guess if he had more testosterone, he would have just killed the bros, and told Chris... we are staying together. Screw those guys... they are not good for you.