Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I officially hate Shane

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Save the Last One' started by Joshua, Oct 30, 2011.

1. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

I agree 100%. If he had told everyone what had actually happened, it would have put Carl's life in even more danger.

The Whole shaving the head thing was a bit crazy, I think that Shane is realizing he has crossed over from the "Protect and Defend" he lived by as a Police Officer, to the I gotta do what I gotta do mentality.

2. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

But it was a good lie, in my humble opinion. It allowed Patricia and those who knew and loved Otis to believe he died in a very noble and admirable way, thus making it easier to mourn him and move past his death.

3. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

I completely agree! That's probably why I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when Shane knee-capped him. It definitely surprised the hell outta THIS comic book dork!

4. killordie

killordie New Member

Why do you think he did that? I mean, picture this: Both of them hurt, a lot of walkers chasing them, his bigest consern: save Carl and redeem himself, but he was hurted and Otis (poor Otis) so they were both slow, in his mind, with this hole pressure at this moment he probably thought he won't make it, but he had to do anything to get to the farm, because if he save Carl, he would do such and amaizing think that he would be forgiven by himself, by Lori and in the future by Rick (obviusly all this in his head, in a second under pressure). So at this moment it seems right use the men that kill Carl as a distraction to the zombies. Besides every single person has an instict to survive, in a death-live situation everyone would try to save their own lives or someone beloved. I mean Shane didn't do this on propuse, and if you don't believe me, why did he shot to Otis's chest instead his head? He wan't to unabble him so he could run, thats oly a thought of someone desperate to run away and get to a determinate place, see? same thing happend on the hospital, he wanted to save Rick, zombies were coming, militaries shooting everyone alive, and he needs to get Lori and Carl off the city, and at last save his life, under pressure you maybe do the same thing, I mean he is a cop, he cares about other people but in extreme situation, you just wanna save yourself or your beloves one... But he is quite dangerous, I'm afraid in a similar situation, may he do that to Rick?

5. killordie

killordie New Member

I think Shane isn't a bad person, but a few people has the courage to make this kind of decitions, this is not our reallity, it's a lot different, and common sense is no longer applyable, think about it,
    On the other hand, Otis didn't deserve to die at all, he was a good person, and I think Shane would regret had to do this all his life, but if Shane weren't a cop, he probably won't do that... But at least, Carl is alive, thanks to him , to Otis, and I hope Shane doesn't die, because, he protects all the people of the gruop, and he doesn't doubt for a second when he had to risk his life to save Carl , Sophia, oranyone

6. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

Of course he would do that to Rick, if Rick was jeopardizing the saftey of the rest of the group. Yes they are (or were) partners but again you have to look at the situation. And I think that Rick would do the same thing to Shane if the situation ever presented itself. Yes Shane is (or was) a cop and we as police officers want to protect those that we are sworn to protect, but on the other hand we somtimes have to make really tough decissions on who to save. Shane made the decission that Carl needed to be saved, and he kneecapped Otis to give himself some time to get away and bring the medical supplies for Carls aid. If Rick had been there they may not have needed to kneecapp anyone, or he may hav ekneecapped Shane.

7. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

Very good point.

8. killordie

killordie New Member

100% agree with Zombie Hunter

9. AVC

AVC Member

Well, the wife banging thing I can let slide. He prolly honestly thought that his buddy was dead, after all the hospital was being overrun.

But to kneecap Otis? Why didn't he head shot him. That would have been humane, and the zombs would still have stopped for a feast. Leaving him to get eaten alive was truly wrong.

10. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

He knee capped Otis so he was a more appatizing target for the walkers. They seem to be atracted to movement, so with Shane still running the Walkers might have bypassed Otis all together and still persued Shane.

11. fire_fighter1985

fire_fighter1985 New Member

Hawaiin Shirt Zombie, I think Shane did it for Rick. He has a lot of pain in his face when he see's Rick the way he is. I think he cares about Carl too, and is willing to do anything to ensure his best friends safety, including his family. I'm pretty sure Otis would have got it eventually, and Shane realized that. Maybe he thinks he owes Rick too.

12. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller New Member

Yeah but WHY didn't he shoot him in the head??? He is such an asshole

13. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

He didn’t shoot Otis in the head because Walkers might not have stopped to eat on a dead Carcass. Shane was still out running in the open which means that some of the walkers would bypass Otis’s dead body and still go after him. I don’t think Shane did it for Rick as much as he did it for Rick’s old lady and Carl. I can’t help but think that Shane has some type of agenda, and will be interested to find out if he really leaves the group when all this is handled.

14. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

And welcome ZombieKiller

15. Headshot

Headshot New Member

I think you nailed when you said that he did it for Lori more so than Carl. IMO he's idolized Rick from the beginning and when they all thought he was dead he stepped into his shoes, as leader, and was working on stepping into the father and husband roles with Carl and Lori. He's definitely got an agenda that includes Lori, in the highlights for the next episode he clearly says he wants to know what she means when she says she wants him to stay. In his POV he's looking to resume where the left off before Rick showed up alive. Question will be which way is Lori going to go, the story line is already different from the comic in that she seems to be a lot more interested than she ever was in the comic.

16. evicfinite

evicfinite New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r8hEBvZou4

lets put this to rest, i think what shane did was right, just watch the youtube. zombies look pretty darn close to catching up with them, specially with a messed up leg. not really stated how far they would have to travel to get to the truck. it could have been miles before they have reached it. but the quick thinking of shane helped save his life and carls life. desperate measures call for desperate actions. anyone could lay on the sofa and say what he did was wrong, but when your leg is hurting, your exhausted, tired and death looms right behind you, i think anyone of us would have chosen the easy way out.

17. SuzieO

SuzieO New Member

I agree with you and last night was my 4th. viewing. One thing I had missed before was right after Shane told Otis to take the backpacks and leave him there, Otis responded, No, I can't leave you.... then Shane hit the ground with his fist!!! He was angry that Otis wouldn't do as he asked. He might have had a plan that would only work if he were alone... that part is just speculation... but it's not speculation that Shane was very upset that Otis wouldn't leave him.

p.s. I think the head shaving had more than one reason... yours and the fact that Otis pulled out a big chunk of hair that would be hidden with the head shave.

18. SuzieO

SuzieO New Member

I bought season one CD and watched it all summer long waiting for season 2... I've probably seen each episode 10 times. Shane lowered the gun BEFORE he saw Dale. I think he was really sincere in trying to rescue Rick from the hospital, otherwise why was he be there and begging Rick to give a sign? The hallway was filled with military shooting doctors and nurses as well as walkers. There was no way he could get Rick out of there and his anxiety about this was evident. I never blamed either for having sex since they both believed Rick was dead and they didn't know if they would live another day themselves. I am not a Shane fan but call it like I see it.

19. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Shane has a hidden agenda and is not be trusted. He is at times jealous of Rick and what he has - Lori and Carl. Between the two men Rick is the better man. Shane tells Lori that now he has nothing? The man never had anything. Lori is Rick's wife and Carl his son not Shane's. Because there was no time frame when Lori and Shane shacked up it could have been weeks after just guessing Rick wasn't or didn't survive supposedly. Shane is pissed and angry because Rick is back and that is very visible and obvious. Shane may be a good friend to Rick but certainly not his best. Things have changed between them and that to is obvious.

20. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

I can't agrue that Shane did it for Carl and Lori, but I'm pretty sure he didn't do it for Rick. I think we'll eventually see Shane unleash his badass new do-whatever-it-takes persona on Rick. But I could be wrong, I'm a little biased. :)