Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I read The Walking Dead #100 yesterday

Discussion in 'Volume 17: Something To Fear' started by marsyao, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Seeing how issue 100 was JUST released, we have to be polite to those that haven't had a chance to read it yet. This thread was started long before it's release for speculation, so it's not entirely for those that have read it. Besides....it's not that hard to click on the spoiler tags...

2. Negan

Negan Active Member

A little off topic, but I have been wondering, do you download the comics digitally, do you get your comics at a comic shop, or are you subscribed to The Walking Dead? This goes for anyone, as I was just curious. Sorry for being off topic, but Issue 100 was pretty monumental, as even I decided to pick future issues up at a shop instead of downloading them on a Comics app for my iPad.

3. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I read the newer issues digitally. I used to purchase hard copies, but I decided to give that up and sale my individual issues with the intent of eventually buying the compendiums and larger collections as they become available.

4. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Fair enough. Im typically the first one to complain about spoilers. Id even go so far as to say something like "I wonder what Rick will do next?" is a spoiler, since it implies Rick survives... But I thought everything was fair game after release. And the "Issue 100 spoiler" thread was rerouted to this one... :zombies_lol:

5. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Download. Im in Bangkok.

6. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Whatd you sell and whatd you get? I sold 1 through 80 a couple years ago for $800. Too hard to move em around or lend out. I plan on buying hardcovers somewhere down the line.

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Hard to say, really. I sold them sporadically rather than in bulk, so i'm not sure what I made or what i've got left. I tried to sell them mostly in volumes, but I think i've got a few random issues left in storage.

8. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

I know it was a few years ago you said, but wouldn't #1 sell for much much more than $800 by itself now, just curious as I have never in my life touched a real comic book, kindle fire is what I have read them all on so far.....

9. Elvis Ambush

Elvis Ambush Member

I use Comixology. Easier to carrier them all around on my tablet. but for issue 100 I went to the store and bought a few of them.

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

A few of the same issue? Looking out for that eventual re-sale profit, huh? Not that I blame ya!

Although, TWD is pretty much at the height of it's sucess with the TV series. I'm not sure Issue 100 will be worth too terribly much in the future. In comparison to the earlier issues, that is...

11. Elvis Ambush

Elvis Ambush Member

Hahaha, no. I just thought the covers were cool. Issue 100 is probably going to be the biggest selling TWD issue of all time, it's not going to appreciate much in value over the years.

12. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I hear ya. What's REALLY going to sell later is the Comic Con exclusive cover. That thing will be a rare commodity in the coming years.

13. Negan

Negan Active Member

Out of all the Alexandria characters, who would you want to survive the longest?
    We have a lot of them.

Heath
    Aaron
    Eric
    Denise
    Spencer
    Olivia

14. Undead Larry

Undead Larry Member

I like Heath, Aaron and Eric. They have potential.

15. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

For some reason the Alexandria characters arent that interesting to me. They seem so soft and emo compared to Ricks hardened group. The only one I kinda care about is the one that was hooking up w/ Abraham. Is that Denise?

16. Negan

Negan Active Member

Thats Holly.

17. amyanjohn

amyanjohn New Member

hi just read this an cud u pls tell me what happens in a private message so it doesnt ruin it for other people thanks :)

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm still annoyed by what happened in #100, that was brutal..

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Never thought this could happen....but it actually gave me nightmares.

20. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

You're such a girl! Hahahahah