Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I Suwannee!! Praise this sweet little episode

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Dnae, Nov 23, 2016.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

They got air through plot holes.

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of family members down in Kentucky - we are probably like 3rd cousins or something.

3. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

I was mesmerized by Tara's funbags as she lay in a wet shirt on the shore.

The sand zombies were pretty cool too. Christy was cute...

Heath may not have abandoned Tara.

Hmmmmm all I got for now. :dead:

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Many people liked seeing Tara's tatas. She needed a bra! But anyways I agree with those sand walkers were pretty cool.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Okay I am going to eat a small slice of crow pie.

I re-watched the episode this eve and I reminded myself to do so with an open mind.

Here is what I came away with. While each of the previous episodes were overall wonderful and each offered me equally wonderful moments, this particular episode failed to do so. WITH THAT SAID....overall the episode was pretty good. In the ratings thread I rated it a 7 which I stated as being generous. I just want to say now that after watching a second time I give the episode a rating of 7 on its own merit.

While the episode did not have any exceptional or stand out moments to me, overall I would say that what was offered was a good set up to a new group and an easy way to tell the tale of Tara's travels.

I like Cindy. I think her character has potential to be something that we really have not had on the series as of yet...a female moral compass of sorts. She is surrounded by others who have no qualms about killing on sight, yet Cindy has maintained her belief that killing is not always the solution, not always the means to an end. She is surrounded by people preaching that trust is not a luxury they can afford, no one outside of their small community is to be trusted. Yet she chooses to trust Tara, she chooses to see the good rather than assume the worst.

The sand walkers were cool and creepy.

The scene that stood out for me was when they were around the dinner table and Tara tells them that "sooner or later you're gonna need a friend". Something or some persons are going to descend on Oceanside (and I do not think it will be due to Tara breaking her promise). These people will not be from Ricks group. A rogue group of banished Saviors? Maybe these are the Saviors who killed all the men and upon hearing what happened Negan excommunicated them perhaps? Maybe they have been searching for the women and finally found them. If....(and I say IF very strongly) anything even remotely similar to these scenarios were to occur, I think that Cindy would be the person to somehow escape and set out to find Tara in hopes of getting help, in hopes of having a friend who was willing to help them now that it is needed. Remember at the dinner table Cindy was told she would not be allowed to accompany Tara back to ASZ, that if it worked out there would other chances. Tara then repeated that "there will be other chances". Perhaps Cindy having to to find Tara and the group is her "other chance"

All wild speculation of course, but I just think that if all this trouble of filming an episode with a new group of people was made, then somehow they are going to factor into the larger picture of the season.
    [MENTION=8031]Jen7[/MENTION] [MENTION=6095]Emdier[/MENTION] [MENTION=103371]BlackLightning[/MENTION] [MENTION=5347]Zvivor[/MENTION] [MENTION=70142]WalkingBuckeye[/MENTION] this one is for you guys. Your opinions and take on the episode encouraged me to give it a second viewing and I am glad that I did!

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Tara's spiffy red sunglasses and her light-hearted spirit in that moment.

I thought it was very clever to line cars up along either side of the bridge to create a raised walkway for people to be able to cross even when zombies are in the middle.

Eugene's ability to explain everything with a look still makes me well up.

P.S. Forget the name of the bloodthirsty youngster, but I loved her macrame top. Knotting was a nice touch for a fishing village. Props to the costumer.

#26 Lindigo, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

[MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION], I know "I swan," for "I swear."

8. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

Praise for this episode...

-The sand walkers were cool.
    -Seeing what's up with Tara and Heath
    -Tara giving that annoying child the middle finger (no one gives the middle finger like Tara)

Honestly, the best thing about this episode was seeing everyone's responses on here: the funny responses on here, and also the thoughtful ones that pointed out what was good about the episode, although I personally didn't like it. It made me want to consider giving it a second viewing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

Same here [MENTION=105492]ShaneFan[/MENTION], I didn't particlularly enjoy this episode(honestly I can only stand bottle episodes about certain characters) but like you said - and when characters you like are in these episodes it makes it easier *winkwink*.

10. ShaneFan

[MENTION=95251]Shane357[/MENTION], yeah I really wasn't feeling last night's episode, but I'll probably watch it again next Sunday to see if I feel differently about it, now that I've read the response on here.

*Winkwink* -- Yes, TWD can give me bottle episodes about good 'ol Shane any day! He's dead though...*tears*

11. Deadpool

Deadpool Member

I demand a bottle episode for our beloved T-Dog.

12. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

Same ;)
    If I can get 2 hours without it being shut off for the sake of football lol

True... :(

ll check out JB's new Punisher spinoff next year and let you know what I think about it though!(If you want I can write anotherphilosophy essay on it when it comes out :))

13. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

He didn't abandon her, he came back, risking his own life, to save her! But when she fell off the bridge, what was he supposed to do? He needed to save himself, he was surrounded by a large group of walkers.

If I heard correctly (I am not a native speaker), Tara yelled at him, "Heath! Help me! We are in this together!" To which he replied, "I know!"

The wheel tracks on the road and his broken glasses suggest that he had to run (or rather drive) for his life. You can't blame him for that. Otherwise, he might have hurried down to the river to look for Tara, but as she mentioned there was a strong current, so she was probably gone in no time.

I hate to break it to you, but she was wearing a bra. I know that many people, watching television these days, are only used to big silicon "tatas" - but when it's the real thing, big breasts don't remain all nicely round-shaped when their owner is laying on the back. Ever heard of gravity? ;)

14. ShaneFan

I really hope you can get all the time in---football can wait! TWD comes first!

Yes, please let me know how JB is on the new Punisher spin-off. I'm happy for his success and at the same time...next time he's at WalkerStalker, I bet fans will be in line to meet him because he's playing as the Punisher-which is awesome! I just wish he got the same amount of love for his portrayal as Shane Walsh.

Definitely write another philosophy essay and send it to me! :)

15. ShaneFan

More praise...

-When Tara found out about Denise' death, and she was squeezing the lil doctor doll.
    -Rosita! Rosita started out as a pretty face/not much to her character -- except now she's really taking a stand more than before. As much as I miss Abraham, his death was needed to really break Rosita out into her own. I'm so glad to see her becoming stronger and tougher.

16. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Tara <3. It was great seeing her on my screen again for the first time in forever.

17. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Didn't have much time yesterday, so here is a little more praise from me:
    - I already mentioned Tara and Heath - I love Tara and I think, Heath has a lot of potential.
    - the new community is promising - and I agree with Dnae about their role. I'm pretty sure the Saviors caught up with them - or at least the ones, killing their men. I agree, that that sounds a bit too much even for Negan, so maybe there is a rogue group out there now. Either way, I'm pretty sure, they will get into trouble again, which could bring them together with ASZ and maybe the Kingdom and Hilltop.
    - I really liked the interrogation scene, when the older woman had to constantly fight to not laugh at Taras jokes and remain stern. It was kind of sweet.
    - Cindy is a great new character - she would have loved Tyreese, I guess. And I do like Beatrice quite a lot, interesting character.
    - Taras return to ASZ was really great. How she smiled at Eugene and how that smile falters, after he started crying and then the scene with Rosita.

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

No you are not older than dirt! WE are perfectly preserved in our minds eye. Love ya!

19. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I was wondering if Sasha would give the necklace to Rosita- but she didn't know the backstory

20. ShaneFan

I was wondering that, too. I'm wondering if Rosita will see Sasha with the necklace, become upset, Sasha realizes it's a special connection to Abraham...and Sasha gives it to Rosita....sounds like good fanfic!