Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I think even the actors don't know who it was

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by ZombieAndTeal, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Viki

Viki Member

He can and I think he should. If we fans mean an ounce to him he would do so, or at least apologise. We are the ones keeping him in a job

2. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

He's not some dude living off a single comic book series anymore, and he's made his deal with the devil.

3. Viki

Viki Member

Doesn't mean he can treat and talk about us like we are "spoilt children" comeuppance is always long over due for some.

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with Kilroy on this one. Kirkman must have some contractual obligations to avoid saying negative things about the show.

And even if there wasn't any such legal aspect, it would still be unseemly for Kirkman to openly throw his own people under the bus.

They say that silence speaks volumes at times. I get the feeling that Kirkman's silence is an indicator of some turmoil within the network and/or the show staff.

5. ZombieAndTeal

ZombieAndTeal Member

I think you hit the nail on the head there mate. His silence says it all.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Kirkman didn't like the cliffhanger idea from the beginning. He strikes me as the type of storyteller that would be averse to the idea. What we have to remember is that Kirkman doesn't have the rights to the show anymore. AMC does. If AMC wanted to, they could kick Kirkman to the curb and run along just fine without his involvement. He's not going to risk his standing with the production just to publicly confirm his ire over the cliffhanger. And I really don't see it doing any good, even if he did speak up against it, anyway.

My guess is that when the show is over, and AMC and Kirkman have parted ways, he'll do a long interview about all the things that happened in the writer's room, and in AMC exec's offices, and he'll claim that he was against the cliffhanger idea all along.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I could tell by his hesitancy to contribute on the Talking Dead that he just didn't want to say anything because he had few good things to say. He was referring to Gimple the whole time. I didn't even mind the Cliffhanger as much as others but that much was obvious to me.

8. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I actually don't mind the cliffhanger as much now as I did the night it aired and right after. A part of me is a little bitter but the other part of me is having fun guessing (in agony at that because I just keep hoping it's not Abraham). It's that bittersweet symphony for me. I'm already planning a party for the Saturday night before the Season 7 premiere. Showing all of Season 6 on a makeshift backyard big screen and having beers/BBQ. I'm trying to roll with the punches and have fun with the cliffhanger now that my anger phase is over.

9. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

That sounds awesome! What time should I be there? ;-)

10. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Haha! I think it'd be awesome to get a bunch of hardcore fans together for that... This is the only show that has consumed me like this and I can't deny it... might as well rock it

11. Guitarman23

Guitarman23 Member

Yeah, I have never done the whole "watch party" thing but it seems like it would be fun. Although, I like to really sit and absorb each minute of the show, and hear and see everything that is going on. I think if I watched with a bunch of people it might distract me from the show.

12. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

It sounds like a very Abraham thing to do, get all your buds together for brews and binge-watching before the main event. I approve. And also want an invitation. :zombies_lol:

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Honestly Abe you are obsessed! I think you should get help my dear...

• Like Like x 1
  14. DragonRacer

Eh, I don't see it as that much different than someone throwing a Super Bowl party. Same thing: inviting friends over for brews and food and watching all the talking heads hype up the game and then the main event itself.

Then again, I'd never deny my obsession with football, so maybe I'm a bad barometer of "normal". :zombies_lol:

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Same. I would never have a watch party for new episodes...maybe a rewatch party, and even then i would probably find myself glued to the TV like shhhh i forgot about this part!

16. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

We have a watch party every Sunday night of the season. We have 6 people over and make themed food. Admittedly, we talk too much during the episode but it's a lot of fun and then my husband and I just watch it again after everyone leaves. I wouldn't have it any other way.

17. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

This seriously sounds like the most fun ever. How many people are you expecting and what can I bring?

18. DragonRacer

I'm a little famous in my social circle for queso. I got the queso and chips covered, just need the directions, hoss. :zombies_lol:

19. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Probably the best thing you can bring to a party IMO! And we had our fair share of mini parties when the Giants were on, it's usually sports based for us here lol but I'm in the works of getting this party in the making as well. Gunna extend the invite to @cudlitz on Instagram but we'll see if he responds lol wishful thinking!

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Or in my case, everyone gets a death link sent to them.