Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I think Jenner shouldn't have given up

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - TS-19' started by Jakobi, Jun 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tritiumsight

tritiumsight New Member

Agreed, I've been a fan of that actor for a while, as his performances in the Truman Show and Little Children were excellent.

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

What's even more amazing is that he signed up to play a totally different version of the character but they had rewrites just before shooting. In the documentary he kinda seems pissed about it, but he did a great job with a very limited amount of preperation.

I would love to read the original script and see how his character was going to be, though...

3. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I concur. I wouldn't mind reading that, either.

4. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

I don't blame Jenner for doing what he did. He just worked at the CDC, he wasn't a top scientist or anything. If top government scientists couldn't figure it out then how could he? He tried his best and now just wanted to be with his wife and family.

5. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

I was reading an interview with the lady that played Jacqui and the person asked if she was coming back (dumb question). Anyway the lady that played Jacqui said we might've missed something at the end. Idk what this means. I don't see how they could've gotten out.

6. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

No way they would have gotten out. I still can't think of anything we could have missed. Maybe she was being a smart ass about the guy asking her that kind of like saying "dint you see that huge explosion?"

7. Capt. Rhodes

Capt. Rhodes Member

Jenner had a manifestly melancholic and unstable demeanour. It's probably just as well that he did die and the group moved on without him, because I think such a personality would only compromise the group. Strong personalities are what's needed in the ZA.

The other possibility is that Jenner knew something the rest didn't - that maybe it is "hopeless" to look for a "cure" for whatever it is that's causing zombification. After all, Jenner would be privy, in his capacity at the CDC, to the state of the medical profession's response to the problem. And maybe it was just that bad​.

8. Jellyfish

Jellyfish New Member

If I was Jenner, I would have done the same thing. I wouldn't want to be reanimated, and personally I feel as if being incinerated is better than reanimation.

9. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

That was his decision. But If I was him I wouldn't do that. I would fight till the end no matter what.

10. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

I don't think that anyone who has ever committed suicide has been fully aware of that decision. They only did that because at that very moment they felt that their life is harder than death.

11. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes that a pretty accurate way of describing it..

We lost a very close family member in a car accident a few years ago, despair & depression cause the mind to consider doing things you wouldn't normally consider..

12. walkerbiter

walkerbiter Member

I'm truly sorry for your loss. The best way to fight against depression is to focus your mind on positive things, to see everything that makes life worth living for. Sure, bad things will always happen and sometimes we can't stop them but simply giving up on life is the worst solution.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Jenner and Eugene could've come up with a "cure" lol

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Random. Lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Since I can't watch new eps live I went back and binge watched the series from the beginning (on S5 Ep 9 currently).

Decided to go back thru these old threads and reply with the benefit of hindsight etc and thought Jenner and Eugene would've been a great lol duo.

And don't get me started on who all wish they would've stayed in the CDC explosion vs the gruesome fate they ended up getting....

• Winner Winner x 1