Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I thought Andrea couldn't get more stupid

Discussion in 'Episode 313 - Arrow on the Doorpost' started by walkerluver, Mar 10, 2013.

1. The_Not_So_Dead

On a side note: I thought it was funny how Andrea was all surprised the Guv was already there. I mean where did she think he was? He obviously wasn't in the car with them. How did she think he would get there? After all she arranged for them to meet, it would be obvious he would be there.

2. Conch Republican

I think, after Hershel told her he's a sick man she's going to try and work something out from within Woodbury's walls. She needs to see for herself these things . . .

3. GhostDawg

GhostDawg Member

Its more of the fact that she thought her and the governer was kind of close. That fact that he went and didn't even mention it to her shows he truly "gives no ****s" about her

4. The_Not_So_Dead

And if that wasn't enough his comment of how she "was in no position to negotiate" and his refusing to say what arrangement (back in Woodbury) he made, would be enough for her to realise that he is a prick.

But then I wonder, didn't she think it was weird the Guv didn't come with them in their car? I just thought it weird she didn't mention it to him.

5. Julia Ds

Julia Ds Member

she was trying to direct the conversation towards an amicable solution that was not war between her group and woodbury. The gov ordered her to leave *before* he demanded for Michonne's surrender, of course. Always keeping her in the dark. I took her going back to woodbury as her final attempt to halt this planned battle that's looming around the corner.

She was clearly unhappy to do so, breaking down after Hershel confirmed her suspicions about what the gov did to Maggie. it seemed like she was sacrificing her own safety in going back to woodbury, and she knew it.

6. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Bad writing.

7. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Your point?

8. Zugzwang

Zugzwang Member

Yeah, inconsistent. Makes defending character motivation an uphill and pointless battle.

9. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

I think the set-up makes her look even more like a petulant adolescent because of the implication that she's not opposing the Guv because he's a morally reprehensible person and she's concerned for the welfare of her old comrades but because he humiliated her and made it clear that she's not the centre of the Universe.

10. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

She went back to the prison to help people like Tyreese get out and to kill Phil cause now she knows how bad he is.

11. cnaf

cnaf New Member

I'm thinking he is on to her, hasn't lost it. Just like he said to Rick last week, "I don't want you to leave, I want you here where I can keep my one good eye on you"...or something like that. He wants her close for time being.

12. GovernorsGal

GovernorsGal New Member

Oh snap when [MENTION=5951]Jhn123[/MENTION] see's this..

there will be war.

13. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

[​IMG]

14. Darth Los

Darth Los Member

LMFAO!

[​IMG]

15. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

She really pisses me off in this episode, I guess it is the writer's faults, but they make her character so disagreeable. What makes her think she can save the "innocent" people in Woodbury? Just by her saying that means that she knew Phillip was a bad person, even after seeing his room full of walker heads, Penny, and how he'd been treating her lately. Poor writing for Laurie Holden, I didn't care that she wanted to save the people in Woodbury, she couldn't even slice the Gov's throat, and then she gets herself in a world of shit. I did want to see her live to get back to the prison and maybe regain some of her sanity once she got away from Phillip, it was a bad choice by the writers to make her character seem like Lady Liberator.

16. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

I never said I hated her, it's how her character was written as the season progressed. I'm not even going to argue with you about all your talking points above, they are all very valid, my problem was with her after she came to Woodbury. She was extremely ill when she got there and was grateful for Phillip's help, but the writers created a mindless, wandering woman after Andrea parted ways with Michonne. You mention Amy, Herschel, Daryl and Michonne, but Andrea did not have sex with any of those people, she did with Phillip, more than once, and she was duped by his charming but devilish behavior. I guess I can lay the blame on Phillip for making her feel like she was more than just a sex toy at first, but it becomes too late for her to open her eyes and she underestimates his power. He doesn't need anyone but himself to show her that he's in control and unfortunately she finds out the hard way.

17. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Sigh. She is dead now and explaining her actions seemed kinda pointless but I'll defend her anyway.

- The Gov kicked her out of the meeting she arranged and she went meekly. - So?

- She told the Gov about Shane and Lori - So?

- She's not supporting the prison - Had prison group supported her, she wouldn't have left in the first place. When the family reunion happened in 3x11, the prison group didn't welcome her and she didn't feel home and safe. The prison group gave her a cold shoulder despite the fact that they were the ones left her behind and didn't search for her.

- She went back to Woodbury - I can't say she did the right thing but at that time she was trying to save both sides. She cared about the Woodbury folks and she didn't want anyone to die. That's why she went back to Woodbury and after that she learned all the things about the Governor and she tried to going for the prison and helped her friends but unfortunately failed.

18. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Yeah exactly. As a Andrea fan I can't really say I agreed with all the decisions she made. For example, I got irritated by the fact that she slept with the Governor. That was an understandable thing but I didn't like it.

19. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

I'm trying to think back....did she still sleep with the Gov after she found out about the heads in fishtanks and Penny? If she did.....well, ya can't fix stupid.

20. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

She slept with him one more time after she got back from the prison. Carol told her to have sex with him then kill him during his sleep. Other than that I don't think so. She lost all of her love and respect for the Governor after she saw how he forced Dixon Brothers to fight with each other and after she found out about the heads in fishtanks, Penny, his retaliation in 3x10 and Maggie. She just couldn't left him because like she explained in the season finale, she was trying to save everyone even Philip for a while. That's all I can say.