Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I was hoping someone would kill garbage woman

Discussion in 'Ep. 716 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life' started by jujulita, Apr 9, 2017.

1. jujulita

jujulita Member

I haven't disliked someone this much in a long while.
    Most annyoing character of the last... 4 seasons, easy. From the stupid way she talks to the way she looks to her actions. Was really hoping someone (ideally Carl) to pop open her brain container.

2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

She might have possibly leap-frogged Beth and Dawn to take the top spot on my list of most hated characters. I'm not sure though. I would have to dredge through hours of episodes watching those two again to know for sure. It might not be worth it. Yeah... I'll just move Jadis to the top of that list to avoid any more pain and suffering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jujulita

jujulita Member

Yeah, move her up. I'm pushing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

The thing about her that bothers me the most (which I've already mentioned about a million other times on this site, lol) is her negotiation skills. It's so predictable.

She starts off asking for all of the guns, then Rick says 'No only half' then she says she wants them all, then Rick STRESSES 'No only half', then she agrees to THAT and seems happy about it.

Same with Negan. She wants 10 people, he says she'll get 8, then she protests and asks for 10 again, then he STRESSES 8, and then she agrees to 8 and seems satisfied with the result.

People may have several theories about how shrewd she is or whatever, and that's fine. But it's the same predictable tactic and outcome. She has yet to get what she wants and she's wasting everyone's time.

EVERY FAN OF THE SHOW SHOULD BE ANNOYED BY THIS!!! lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. jujulita

jujulita Member

Agreed. It's like she thinks she can outsmart anyone but doesn't know how, but she tries anyway... for good measure.

My biggest peeve is for her conversational skills. Why the f does she talk like that?
    I rememeber a video from New Rockstars from a while back where they sort of praised this manner of speaking using less words to convey the same meaning.
    I mean the apocalypse started 2 years ago they's no need to develop a different way of communication to adapt to new environments. I hate it, hate it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeah. lol

There's some pretty decent theories floating around that lend a little credence to why the Garbage dump people talk that way, but what I want is for the show/plot to explain it. Because from where I see things, there really isn't anything about it that makes complete sense.

Someone mentioned that they have adapted everything about themselves (including their speech) to fit their "new normal". I just don't know if I can buy that explanation. They ALL speak like that and its as if that's the only way they've ever known how to speak.

The best explanation for it that I've heard so far is that they might all be immigrants from Ukraine or somewhere like that. They know English but they don't know the nuances, therefore they leave certain words out. THAT sort of makes sense to me.

However, I live in a city with A LOT of Eastern European transplants. Yes... they speak like Jadis as well, but I also know that they speak Russian,etc. They usually speak in their native tongue unless they have to speak to someone who's not familiar with their language. If that happens to be the case with the Garbage dump people, then I'll accept that. Nothing else though.

7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the methane gas from all the garbage they live in that's rotting their brains and ability to talk.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Ya know what? I can actually buy that as a plausible explanation. It doesn't make any less sense than some of the other theories out there.

9. John from Hemet

John from Hemet New Member

Would everyone think badly of me if I said I found her kinda hot and she makes me feel all funny!

10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Yes. I think badly of you now. Very, very badly.

11. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Oh crap. Who the hell was Dawn?

(I need to stop watching while on Ambien.)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Lolololol I so envy you. She was the Grady Memorial cop lady who was a royal pain in the butt.

13. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    (It actually took me a moment).
    Jeez I forgot about that.
    I actually almost kinda-liked that storyline. Even though Beth made me nuts. I just never liked Emily Kinney's acting. Maybe it is her speech...I don't know. Never worked for me.

14. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Ewwwwwww.

(But I lust after JDM/Negan. So I am not sure I am one to talk...)

15. gavuk

gavuk Member

Have we ever heard anyone else on the garbage pail talk or just Jadis?

Also is Jadis a "real" name or one she 'd known by post ZA?