Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I was just wandering.

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by deadkill, Sep 14, 2015.

1. deadkill

deadkill Member

If I lived in a ZA the last Thing I would worry about is taking out the garbage.

2. Busted Flipflop

Yeah, I caught that too. In fact, it seemed most folks on the street had taken their trash bins to the curb. Maybe they've been there for awhile. They can't possibly think the garbage trucks are going to roll around in all that chaos.

3. deadkill

deadkill Member

You never know about LA. Lol.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think the idea was that this thing is really just not on everyones radar yet,no matter how obvious it seems to us.

Travis still does not accept it entirely and he HAS seen stuff already that you might think would make him a believer in the Dead?

And I think you were wondering not wandering,right?

5. deadkill

deadkill Member

yea I Was wondering but I'm not going to say about what.

6. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Agree with EZD. People know something's wrong, just have no idea of the magnitude. So people do what's familiar to them, expecting this to be a crisis they can ride out. The police, EMS and military are active so folks believe it will be handled and they just need to get out of the fray until they do. Besides, what else do you do with a bloody rug you used to drag your neighbor's corpse into the back yard - call Stanley Steamer? :Grin:

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Exactly. People are seeing crazy shit on the news, but unless you've had walkers entering your own home, most people would still be in denial. A lot of folks would still be taking out the trash.

8. deadkill

deadkill Member

Yea i guess this is true. I guess they will find out soon enough.

9. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

I found that interesting, it shows that they all expect that this is a short-term thing, that they really do believe it will be over and their lives will go back to normal.

Plus, in chaos, humans cling to routine. Taking out the trash is "normal". Watching your neighbors eat each other is...not.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think Steamatic is the go to for Corpses?

11. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

Heck, at this point, they probably think this is finally over: the military has arrived to save the day. People would think it's inconceivable that society would COMPLETELY crumble. Despite the crazy things they've already seen, they still believe that things will go back to normal. At this point, they're just expecting this to go down in the history books as a weird week in an otherwise normal year. Why not stick to routine?

You know, as I typed that out, I'm realizing there has to be some level of denial too. The intelligent observer must be extremely confused. Logic is telling them that things will go back to normal, but logic is also telling them that this is different. This event is unlike anything else in history.

12. dontusethezword

I found the look Travis' neighbour gave him quite funny. The look seemed to be saying, "yeah I know this is effed up, and I know you know this is effed up, and I suspect you probably effed something up, but eff me if I'm going to say something about it."

13. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

And that's not that unreasonable. The dead rising is as far as we know scientifically impossible, so if it started happening all of a sudden, all over, what do you make of that? If the sun didn't come up tomorrow morning would you immediately think, "well, it must be the apocalypse" or would you think every clock in your house was wrong somehow? I think a bit of initial denial is reasonable, just not to the point where you are hugging your zombified loved one.

14. Erknjerk

Erknjerk New Member

Routine to drown out the inevitable truth that SHTF.

15. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Your comment was perfect!

16. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

You also have to figure that they think it's isolated cases, and still safe places to run to. Which is why they are leaving, leave the city and you leave the problem behind. Surprise! I would imagine when the military came in with the truck full of bodies (I guess they were the garbage collectors for the day) sent them inside and started marking the houses, that was the biggest wake up call of all. Maddie lied to them about the bodies, she doesn't trust them, and if Travis does, he will be schooled real quick by Daniel and Maddie.

17. TheTunnelRunner

No one is using tv, radio, phones, or internet to get more information on the crisis or communicate with anyone outside of immediate family in any way. At least they must have contacted the trash and recycle companies to make sure pick up wasn't going to be a day late. Smart!

18. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I hope something can wake Travis up.

19. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

And playing Monopoly too.