Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I worked out the best place to hole up.

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by AVC, Feb 15, 2016.

1. AVC

AVC Member

Where to go?
    By the book:
    Protection, first aid, aids, water, food. PFAWF - Priority First Actions When Foundered. That's from survival training like 30 years ago. And I still remember it.

So I thought that my estate (which is a bit Alexandria-like, but with a prebuilt 6' brick wall) would be great. Block off the vehicle entry points. It's arranged as a D in a larger D so you can have lines of defence and fall back.

Thought that for years, ever since TWD has been on. But just lately I have had a great revelation....

Bunnings Warehouse!! (that's sort of like Home Depot for you USA peeps). Why?

Well, the pros:
    Large area inside a precast concrete box, impervious to small arms fire.
    Limited entry points (easy to defend)
    No windows in the walls but lots of natural light due to roof design.
    Lots of height (high ground always preferred in battle)
    Huge amount of construction supplies to build fortifications, living areas, workshops, kitchens, showers, the works.
    Large car parks surround the site so great sight lines.
    A handy 20,000 gallon water tank for fire fighting requirements.
    Lots of gas (that's propane, not vehicle fuel).
    Generators on site.
    Normally in industrial areas, so good pickings from surrounding district.

Cons:
    Not much in the way of food (have to BYO).
    No bedding. Unless there's a Captain Snooze outlet down the road.
    They dont sell HiFi, so if you want a big home theatre, you'll have to hit a different outlet (maybe Harvey Norman or Domayne, they have bedding too. And lounges.). I mean, just coz it's the Zombie Apocalypse, you don't have to live like Fred Flintstone, right?

2. thomahal

thomahal New Member

That has some good strategic thinking to it. I think others have had similar thoughts as well on this and other forums.

However, I would point out that this would be an additional "Con" to the plan: TONS of strategic thinkers would have basically the same thought.

That is one thing TWD does very well- show how much of the threats come from fellow people. Places like you describe would be very, very heavily fought over very, very quickly by very, very many survivors.

How would you deal with that? Try to reason with people? Try to become the Sydney Warlord? Just start killin'? That's where some of the more complicated, and maybe more interesting stories can start to arise, I think.

3. daryyl

daryyl New Member

My best bet would be to hide in the country for a bit. Hershel seemed to do pretty well. If he had worked on some defence (a wall or summ') maybe things wouldn't of turned out the way they did. I'd stay out of town at all costs. Things like grocery stores, warehouses, gun stores, and stores in general will be the first place people will think of going to. I like your thinking though :D