Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[Idea] Identifying Heroes and Bandits (Mapped Out)

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Zer0 H1Z1, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

**Warning, this isn't going to be perfect so I WANT TO HEAR SUGGESTIONS NOT PUT DOWNS** Thank you :3

So every player has this section in their inventory that has items (clothes mainly) that follow them across CERTAIN PvP servers. So what if there was an extra slot for putting on the "Identifier" (best I could come up with on the spot).

What does it do exactly?

Well it would show other players who have it equipped if they are are Bandits, Heroes or Neutrals. In turn, you can only see other players names in this color if you have the "Identifier" on, and they could only see your name in these colors if you have it on.

So does it decide whether you're a Red, Blue or Neutral player?

A red marker will tell others you have committed bandit acts. A blue marker will tell others you committed heroic acts. There are no markers for Neutral.

What are these markers and how do you get them?

You can only have one type of marker (red or blue) and it will only go up to five marks. If you have 5 red marks and keep living as a bandit, it will not stack. If you have 5 red marks and you do something heroic, you'll have 4 red marks.

Gaining Red Markers

• Killing on Sight
    • Destruction of Structures not placed by you or your squad
    • Killing a player with weapon ready to fire/throw/swing
    • Inviting players to your squad and killing them
    • Blowing up vehicles
    • Killing Heroes or Neutrals
    • (Open to more suggestions)

Gaining Blue Markers

• Building 5 Structures (1 Marker)
    • Killing a Bandit with weapon rested at first.
    • Inviting players to your squad
    • Driving 5 miles with a squad mate (1 Marker)
    • (Open to more suggestions)

For anymore questions or you just want to post your thoughts, reply to the topic!

As always, have a Zombie Bite-Free Day! :D

#1 Zer0 H1Z1, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  2. Kevy

Kevy Member

For hero how about

killing a bandit who hurt you first.

3. stevo74

stevo74 Banned

I'd rather not see labels on players because it takes away the scary aspect of not knowing what is going to happen.

4. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

Well then don't wear the item. You won't have labels above your head and you won't see labels above other players' heads.

5. Zimuus

Zimuus Super Moderator

I think it would be cool to have some sort of cosmetic bonus for people who like to be bandits and those who like to be.. heroes?

I'm not really sure how it would worth considering H1Z1 has a F2P skin shop.

Although no matter what, this system (regardless what kind) should be limited to certain servers as this potentially could ruins some players experience.
    (Example: A "beast" facemask for bandits would be epic, but some players may not want it to be visible that they slaughter people)

6. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

See, I thought about that, then I thought how many times heroes would die from that. Imagine if you were had enough ammo to take down 3 bandits and came across one that had a shotgun. 1-2 shots, you're dead. It takes about 1 second (long time in a fight) to ready your weapon and fire. Here's how it would formulate in my head:

Get shot + Ready weapon + Fire - Chances of survival (35%)

See Bandit + Ready Weapon + Fire - Chances of survival (Unseen 87% Face to Face 45%)

I don't see heroes as a defensive fighter, more of an enforcer or righteous slayer.

7. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

I only say heroes because "good guys" is too generic.

And I like the cosmetic idea a lot, as well as the tied to certain servers. I think I'll edit that in.

8. Emperor_mooms

Emperor_mooms Member

This is completely un realistic and it would destroy the whole purpose of creating your own story in H1Z1.

What makes H1z1 unique, is that, you don't know what the other player is going to do. you don't know if they will backstab you. Similarly to how in real life, you wont know. you don't know any body. You can't predict what will happen. By putting in this name thing, Then, Lol, Well, you know what happens and that whole fundamental of H1Z1 is taken out of the game and it will dial down the heat. You're not just going to meet someone and automatically tell if hes a traitor. There should not be any labels over peoples head.

similarly to how you should not be able to see peoples names when they talk. I also feel like that breaks the game. Day Z is Something H1Z1 is trying to beat. By putting in colored name tags for bandits and heroes, well, That would dial the H1 experience way down. What is unique about the current name system is.
    everyone has names, you know who's a dooshhh nozzle and who's not. Respectively, in real life, you would never help out your high school bully in the apocalypse. So, I think the names are enough. Colored names? That just ruins the whole experience/essence point of H1.

#8 Emperor_mooms, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
  9. Zer0 H1Z1

Zer0 H1Z1 Member

You may not be able to tell when someone is going to turn on you, but not everyone is as blind. Sorry mate.

Also, I was taking Zimuus' idea and adding that it should be a certain servers for those who want to try new things.