Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

If Alicia Really Wanted to Honor Madison

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Close Your Eyes' started by BatmansHooker, Aug 21, 2018.

1. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Credit to chupacabrette on reddit for the pic

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Season 3 "no f*cks to give" Madison was the BEST Madison

Although I did scream "noooooo" when she bludgeoned Troy because he was such a deliciously broken character

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

It's funny how much they retconned Madison. By the end of season 3 we were wondering if she wasn't the true villain of the series and we were following the bad guys. A quick trip through the desert to Texas (which has yet to be explained) and BAM! She's now the moral center of the show.

That, to me, is the problem with season 4, in a nutshell.

These characters are going through a transition in season 4, but only in the context of season 4. Alicia, Strand, and Luciana each being so different in the "now" and "then" sequences, but with no explanation of how they got to "then" from...."then, then".

Sure it's a reboot, I get that. But since we know these characters and there is a huge chunk of time missing, none of it makes sense.

Luciana, where the shit did she come from?

Why leave California and travel through the desert to arrive in Texas?

How did they get split up?

What turned Madison from "kill everything in my way" to "There is a better way"? Because of a three minute conversation with Al?

Madison changing personalities being the most egregious continuity issue. Christ, the more I think about this season the more I hate it. I'm honestly giving it a chance. I keep saying "This is all leading somewhere" but maybe that somewhere is just the toilet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BatmansHooker

Theory: Season 4 takes place in an alternate universe/timeline.

In this universe, the bad stuff that happened in Madison's past that made her so cold never happened.

Nick and Luciana were never separated, Nick never became comfortable around zombies.

#OnlyExplanation

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I agree with so much of this

I loved season 3. I loved how dark it was. I loved that the line between the good guys and the bad guys was so damn blurry that no way in hell could a case for "good" be made on either side.

And then poof season 4 and it is as though none of that happened

Ugh....I am so disappointed. Yet I keep watching, hoping that something grand will happen and change my mind

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me. At this point I'm half expecting Alicia to mention that Nick was the clean kid who never touched drugs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That was exactly what made FTWD so interesting, those blurred lines. On TWD it's pretty cut and dry. Even if they do draw parallels between Rick and Negan, by in large that show has always been Rick v Governor, Gareth, Negan. They are bad, Rick is good.

On FTWD, everybody has been enemy and friend at different times. It was as if almost every group was presented as both bad and good. The family on the hill, the hotel, the village, Otto, Taqua. The idea that anybody can be good and anybody can be bad was so much fun to watch.

My only hope, at this point, is they really explore the idea of working with someone you hate. The idea that Alicia can look out for and work with Charlie, even though she will never forgive her for what she did. That should be really fun to watch. Assuming they play that angle. If Alicia just forgives Charlie and they are besties....it will really just kill any potential this show still has.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Omg lol I didnt mean to do that. Must’ve hit that while scrolling on my phone hehe oops. (Though Troy is pretty dumb)

Season 3 Madison was the best really. Full on Mama Bear

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I've done that a few times, quickly caught it and fixed it but I'm sure I've missed a few.

So if anybody ever gets a negative rating from me, rest assured it was a mistake. I don't do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I suppose as long as you agree that season 3 Madison was the best then we can just put this behind us ;):cool::D

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LOL that is the second accidental dumb rating in the last 2 days. (Not you both times.)

• Like Like x 1
  13. BatmansHooker

I've mistakenly rated so many times, especially on my phone. The amount of times I've hit dislike or disagree by mistake and had to undo them and try again...

Anyway yes, season 3 Madison is best Madison. Coming from someone who thought she was one of the weaker parts of season 1-2.

It's actually crazy how rapidly my opinion of her changed. I went from thinking she was too stoic and distant in season 2 to realizing that she actually had an incredible dark side bubbling underneath. Not 'Rick Grimes' dark, but really, really dark. Like unhinged, emotionally detached dark.

14. BatmansHooker

By the way, I wasn't taking a shot at Rick there. Just trying to point out how different they were as protagonists. Rick gets dark, but he's mostly a kind-hearted person who has the best interests of the majority.

Madison, not so much. Her whole life was shaped by pain. Although she has a conscience and *tries* to be good, chaos and violence has always been a means to an end for her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Troy was a hillarious character who was unstable but still had a sense of keeping Nick out of trouble.

The Season 3 to Season 4 job is one of the strangest things I Seen, Alt timeline sounds almost like the truth. A semi psuedo alt timeline where they jump forward many years. Toss Daniel to the sharks but bring back the rather boring Luciana and kill off Madison and Nick earlier. Added to the mix is Morgan, the Cowboy and the journalist along with the run away nurse and PTSD-Kid.

16. BatmansHooker

Oh God I forgot about Luciana.

I like her but wtf? Where did she come from? How did she find the Clark family? How is she alive?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

And what of Daniel? He is not even a part of season 4 and is STILL the most interesting character!

okay that was a tad snarky

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. PepperAnn

God me too. Damn fat finger mistakes. :p

19. PepperAnn

Isn't he still supposed to come back? Somehow....LOL

20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Hear me out...

Maybe they didn't flee from Proctor John....they fled from WARBOSS DANIEL SALAZAR, The Negan times 100 on the West Coast. He purged all the walkers and unified Mexiko, Western USA all the way down to Colombia and is the "final" boss of The Walking Dead Season 21, the walkers they saw at the end of last season of TWD (was it 8?) was his ARMY, not WALKERS. DUN DUN DUN!

• Funny Funny x 1