Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

If Glenn is alive, I'm not going to watch anymore.

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Alan, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Alan

Alan New Member

Hello there.

Don't get me wrong, I surely didn't like Glenn died, but due the circumstances, even if it was Nicholas's guts what we saw, if Glenn happens to appear alive in the next episodes, it's going to be the last one I'm watching.

I was really surprised when the news were flooded with articles on how Glenn probably didn't die, and the polls are also highly confirming that most people didn't want him to die, but it's going to be too much ridiculous if Glenn somehow manage to escape that situation. I even though that perhaps they could script something clever like, the trash bin could have some clearance below it, and he would find an open manhole, or perhaps he would spill the whole trash above him which would happen to have spoiled meat that camouflages his scent or something alike, but after re-watching the scene multiple times I don't think there's any chance.

So if Glenn manages to survive they could also introduce Superman along with the Gremlins in the series.

Sorry for the rant. I just think it would be an extremely cheap trick.

#1 Alan, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  2. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Umm....

3. Alan

Alan New Member

Perhaps flashbacks or he was just saying hi :). You seriously won't be not even a little bit annoyed if he manages to somehow (i.e.: miraculously, magically) escape that situation? That would kill the whole series for me.

4. drifter77

drifter77 Member

But any escape if going to be pretty far-fetched, I agree. I'm going to reserve judgment until I see what happens. I'm still hoping the writers have a clever and believable way out of the situation.

Maybe Glen is just the Zombie Whisperer. Remember in "Conquer" he had like 3 zombies piled on him and a gunshot wound? He managed to somehow get out of that.

It'd definitely be way ballsy-er for the writers to just have him be dead. An unexpected and rather pointless death is the kind of jolting experience that lends realism to the show. Not every main character is going to have a noble or heroic death (and only in Eps 8 or 16).

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I don't like that Glenn may or may not have died, and i do think it's a stretch that he might get out of that situation...but i'm a hardcore fan so i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. The show does a great job depicting reality, but if it were 100% true to life how boring would this show be? Darryl probably would have had his beautiful bulging bicep randomly bit by a walker, and Rick would have had his junk bit by a thirsty female walker. All of the characters would have been killed off in the same manner as a red shirt...the show has artistic license to create cliff hangers, drama, and whatever the hell else they want to do. It would have to be pretty ridiculous for me to stop watching, like Glenn magically rising from the dead after Hershel comes down from the heavens and heals him...

6. Alan

Alan New Member

Of course it's not 100% true to life, but the problem is I don't see any way out of that situation that isn't ridiculous. If Glenn survives that, then I won't be able to tell when a character dies any longer unless it's explicitly shown, like, turned or had his head chopped off. I would always smell a rat on most scenes, and one can't enjoy a show like that.

7. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

It's worth becoming a walker just for that.

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I get what you're saying about fooling us...in the past it was never a question. Now it's always going to be like, "did that person really die...?" I feel ya there. Hopefully it turns out ok...this season has been really great so far, so i'm optimistic.

9. GonzagaGirl

GonzagaGirl New Member

I don't think it would be so far fetched that it would ruin the series. 'Miracles' and random cool coincidences happen all the time in real life that if you saw them in a movie you'd think 'yeah right'. Far fetched is the fact that rotting reanimated corpses are able to smell, hear and/or see.... But in the realm of TWD reality/rules I accept that they can. I feel the writing has gotten lazy or sloppy this season even though the episodes have been action packed and entertaining overall I guess. Nothing will make me stop watching. I stuck with Lost till the end :) Glen falls, 20 seconds of walkers eating Nicholas then there is a huge noise, explosion, distraction and all the walkers pause and then shuffle toward the noise. Glen is unharmed...it could happen.

10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Glenn dead....Glenn alive, either way I will continue to watch

Am I concerned how they are going to pull off a believable save? Yep I am

Do I have enough faith in Gimple and Co to have come up with something that will make enough sense to tip the believable scale in their favor? Going with a yes on this one because dammit I am Polly-freakin'-Anna

After a couple of days to digest and work through the scale of emotions I have become less angry and more aligned with the wait and see group of people who are keeping an open mind.

My biggest issue right now is preventing myself from spilling the beans to my oldest daughter since she has not yet seen the episode - that is going to be a tougher predicament to maneuver than Glenn evading all those walkers!

11. Lupey

Lupey Member

If it is NOT a dream sequence (pretty sad if it is) and he does manage to escape, the van off the bridge with Carol & Daryl will be far more believable.

12. Alan

Alan New Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yes, I agree that one should keep an open mind and surely there are many 'fantastical' things, like the very fact of dead people walking, as mentioned, and of course some other pretty over-the-top things happened like the van and Governor mysteriously escaping a horde of zombies, however, there's a limit for these 'artistic licenses'. Once you begin abusing them it really ruins the whole thing. Ideally, these fantasy shows should have as few of these fantastical things as possible to make the plot plausible, once things start to deviate too far from our 'reality', then, at least for me, it loses the fun. An example are sci-fi movies in which they have totally new laws of science.
    [MENTION=65061]Lupey[/MENTION]: That would be terrible. It would feel very cheap. It's very hard to make these 'dream' scenes without annoying the viewers too much, an example of a well-done scene is the ending of the movie The Descent,
    It's a masterpiece if you ask me, and I don't see any 'clues' like that in the scene we're discussing, so if it's a dream it's surely going to feel cheap. We can clearly see that Nicholas is in fact disturbed, so perhaps they could say that a delirium he was having, but I don't think something like that will work very well.

13. HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid Member

14. Alan

Alan New Member

15. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

16. Chassit

Chassit Member

I have to agree that a deus ex machina resolution for Glenn would be pretty weak. I don't want him to die and I won't stop watching regardless but a dream sequence or hallucination or whatever would be pretty cheesy.

17. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

Hehe..*chuckles ...somehow more annoyed at viewers making threads threatening to boycott or quit the show cause of such and such :zombies_alien: happened with some Beth fans last year too :/

Gaaawwwshhh nitpickers :[

Sorry all...had a bad day at work too...:zombies_mad:

18. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

Anybody that says "I won't watch the show anymore if this happens" or ".....if this doesn't happen" is lying out their zombie loving ass.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I'm of at least three minds on the issue of Glenn's potential survival, but I'm just going to wait and see. If he is alive, it'd hardly be the first impossible thing we've been asked to swallow. Back in season 4 there's a scene where Tyreese is completely swarmed on all sides by walkers and then pops back in a few minutes later, miraculously fine. Meanwhile, the red shirts continually manage to get snuck up on and bitten by growling, shambling zombies. I'm not even touching Carol and Daryl on the bridge. That shit was ridiculous.

20. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I get your point, but I will watch untill the very end. Allthough it's bad writing as far as I can think of it right now. But maybe they will surprise us.